• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My new POF 308 and Nightforce Scope.

ZO6Dave

Private
Minuteman
Oct 5, 2012
Florida
Figured I'd share my newest rifle with you guys. I got the Nightforce mounted and took it to the range today. Got her zeroed with Federal 168 SMK's. I very happy with the quality of the scope. As a matter of fact I'm saving my pennies to buy one for my Bolt gun.
FBD338A5-D10C-44EA-A367-AE15F867ECE6-124-000000015CE0DE83.jpg

E4FF3747-C937-4C5C-80B5-DA152F90E7A7-124-00000001615751A0.jpg
DA2CCE81-86F4-4076-A00B-A49CDAE70F4B-124-00000001695D8B15.jpg
A0D532C2-E2CD-4068-BB7A-50978EE6EF6D-124-000000016D3B302A.jpg
7057EEF8-B8AB-4D96-B4AF-1A11EB74A4DA-124-000000017105654E.jpg

The reticle at night taken with my iphone. Very crisp at night and low light.
8C959AF1-505F-457E-9F15-050E9A132485-124-00000001751242F7.jpg

5 round zero at 100 yards. Happy with the zero using factory ammo. I know I'll tighten that group up.
AE393B18-339C-467F-A42C-23BDD79D9330-124-00000002BCF2B0D1.jpg

I really am happy with the quality of the scope. The reticle however is VERY fine. I have great eye sight, better than 20/15 but on a dark background during the day the reticle gets slightly washed out. May just take some getting used to since I am used to a mil dot scope.

Only other thing I need is to change out the butstock for a PRS.

Re: My new POF 308 and Nightforce Scope.

No its a second focal plane NSX. 5.5x22 Np-R1 reticle.

Bad ass, man! Really bad ass! POF just makes damn fine weaponry and with a NightForce NXS on top, it just sweetens the deal!

+1 on what MileHigh said. The MOAR is an awesome reticle!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KillShot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bad ass, man! Really bad ass! POF just makes damn fine weaponry and with a NightForce NXS on top, it just sweetens the deal!

+1 on what MileHigh said. The MOAR is an awesome reticle! </div></div>

Thanks, I need your butstock...Where'd you get it? Any vendors on the board?

Perhaps I'll get the MOAR for my bolt gun.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ZO6Dave</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KillShot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bad ass, man! Really bad ass! POF just makes damn fine weaponry and with a NightForce NXS on top, it just sweetens the deal!

Perhaps I'll get the MOAR for my bolt gun. </div></div>

As a matter of fact there is. Check the Options & Accessories and you'll find a vendor topic selling the PRS.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KillShot</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ZO6Dave</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KillShot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bad ass, man! Really bad ass! POF just makes damn fine weaponry and with a NightForce NXS on top, it just sweetens the deal!

Perhaps I'll get the MOAR for my bolt gun. </div></div>

As a matter of fact there is. Check the Options & Accessories and you'll find a vendor topic selling the PRS. </div></div>

Good looking out. I just emailed them... Thanks Bro.

What type of BUIS to you have mounted? How did you sight them in if you don't mid me asking. I have a p415 with troy micro doa and can not get them zeroed. Very nice weapon by the way.

I would appreciate any advice -
thanks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ZO6Dave</div><div class="ubbcode-body">GG&G same as the bipod </div></div>

You will like the bipod, I've got pretty much the same unit, just labeled Bobro. Very solid, legs fully adjustable, quick and positive engagement of legs.

Well, you're spoiled now. LOL.

Some mighty fine rifles show up on this forum, Good Luck.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: P415ReCoN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What type of BUIS to you have mounted? How did you sight them in if you don't mid me asking. I have a p415 with troy micro doa and can not get them zeroed. Very nice weapon by the way.

thanks </div></div>

The BUIS are Magpul. Very nice quality pieces. I HIGHLY recommend them. I zeroed them before I ever mounted the scope.

As for advice on zeroing your irons I would need a bit more info on the problem you're having before I could give advice.

damn you!!! I glanced at the NXS with the MOAR reticale but had been sold on a sightron SIII just cause its $1100 less.. but then i see that and am back on the nightforce bus.

Beautiful rifle. What kind of scope mount is that? Have you checked to see if it goes right back to zero when you remove it and put it back on again?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cdmorten</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Beautiful rifle. What kind of scope mount is that? Have you checked to see if it goes right back to zero when you remove it and put it back on again?

</div></div>

GG&G and no I have not. Call me superstitious.

Awesome set up and great shooting. Nightforce makes some great scopes, you'll be very satisfied.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ZO6Dave</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: P415ReCoN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What type of BUIS to you have mounted? How did you sight them in if you don't mid me asking. I have a p415 with troy micro doa and can not get them zeroed. Very nice weapon by the way.

thanks </div></div>

The BUIS are Magpul. Very nice quality pieces. I HIGHLY recommend them. I zeroed them before I ever mounted the scope.

As for advice on zeroing your irons I would need a bit more info on the problem you're having before I could give advice. </div></div> I am using Troy micro Doa w/m4 front folding sights. They shoot 14" low @ 25m. Rainier Arms said the POF rails set higher than the standard rail and said to use troy micro (already had). POF said to zero at 60-75 yards which I tried and still shot low. The front post was down as far as it would go. I really like the troy sights but need something that works as BUIS.

For what BUIS cost I'd try a diff pair. Try the magpuls.

That's a nice rig man. I just picked up one of those scopes (different reticle) for my bolt gun. Hopefully I like mine as much as you do yours.

Very nice, I have the same scope on my LMT. If you get the PRS and are looking to get rid of the Magpul PM me.

Well let me give you my FFL's paperwork so you can ship this trash my way (ill pay shipping so it is not a hassle). Ill see if I can get any use out of her.:)

Nice setup

Great rig! Which flash hider is that Dave?

What do you guy think of the GG&G vs ADM scope mount?

Good looking set up - and shooting. POF and NF makes good stuff!

Great rig Dave! That POF and NF combo is a work of art.

Are the magpul BUIS Gen1 or Gen2?

Great looking setup, nice kitchen too!!
crazy.gif
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: IslandTime</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Great rig! Which flash hider is that Dave?

What do you guy think of the GG&G vs ADM scope mount? </div></div>

It's an AAC mount. And I've never used an ADM mount.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kingjr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Great looking setup, nice kitchen too!!
crazy.gif
grin.gif
</div></div>

Thanks. I customized it myself. My wife loves her granite.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 308Shooter1911</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Question: Is the buffer tube on this rifle carbine length or standard? </div></div>

Carbine. I have my PRS on the way.