• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My new project (Almost finished!!! Pics added)

km71107

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 27, 2008
Northwest Louisiana
I bought this LH 700 7mmRM about 3wks ago. I ordered this Shilen 1-10 #8 contour barrel and it came in a few days ago. They will both be on their way to Tryon, OK soon for the barrel to be chambered in 300WM and installed. I'll keep the factory Rem trigger for now since it's a real Rem trigger. Pre J-lock & pre Xmark. I'm having trouble deciding on a stock and a brake. I have an HS on my current rifle and like it, but they don't make a LH LA stock in the model I want. I don't want to wait on a McMillan and don't want to pay over $800 to get one now. I have 0 experience with Manners stocks & don't like B&C. I'm considering getting the HS and converting it to LH. As far as brakes go, I'm looking at Badger, APA, Vias or an Armalite AR30 brake. Any ideas? Pics will be posted at it comes together and I put it on the 1000yd line.
photo12.jpg

Re: My new project

Look at JW Precision for Mac stocks. They are on here as a sponsor, and by personal experiance John will take good care of you. He has LH LA stocks available. I know cause Im a fellow lefty!

Call Manner's and see what they have in the shop? the only reason i would get a McMillan over a Manners is if I "had" to have the molded in color , otherwise , Manners is a better choice from my dealing with both , better turn around accurate time estimates , awsome customer service and a great price point

question though , if your in North Louisiana , then why would you send it to OK?
you could drive over and bug "wnroscoe" personaly

From the McMillan Specials page, under "A Series" -

#2337 A4 MOLDED OLIVE, SNIPER FILL, LH L700, BADGER M5 DBM, USMC B/C, SADDLE C/P, SPACER SYSTEM, 3 STUDS. $600.00 4/8/10

Probably others under the Remington page.

Found a stock. I just ordered this one: From the McMillan Specials page, under "A Series" -

#2337 A4 MOLDED OLIVE, SNIPER FILL, LH L700, BADGER M5 DBM, USMC B/C, SADDLE C/P, SPACER SYSTEM, 3 STUDS. $600.00 4/8/10
Thanks for the lead DMann. This will be my 1st McCillan stock & I'm waiting impatiently for it to get here!

That's a hell of a deal.

Looks like sometimes it pays to be a lefty.

I've got a question about this build. Should I get a new recoil lug, or is the factory lug ok? I've looked at several aftermarket lugs and was wondering if they are any help.

I get most of my McM stocks off the specials page stocks have been 100% as described so far.

Get a new lug,

KM,
I personally like the wood stock that came with the rifle, and would just bed it in Devcon and shoot it.

It depends on the flatness. Your lug would be fine if you have it surface ground or get the PT&G lug. Get as thick of a lug as you want but what you have will do just fine.

I've finally got all the parts for this thing now. A4 stock, Shilen barrel, Badger M5, Tubb lug & R&D brake. Now to wait on the 'smith to barrel it so i can bed it, finish it & see what it does. Damn I hate waiting!!!!!!
Sorry for the crappy phone pic.
IMG_0245.jpg

Nice! even if your bolt is on the wrong side!

Everything is on it's way to Oklahoma. Hopefully it'll be back soon. I need to get brass, bullets, dies & powder for it now. I'm ready to get it back & make some noise!!!! New pics will be posted as soon as possible.

Got an email from the gunsmith today. It's done!!! He said he would ship it sometime this week!!!!
grin.gif
Pics are coming soon.

The man in the big brown truck showed up a few days ago! Look what he brought: This thing is a monster. It weighs right at 15lbs as it sits now. The barrel is 27" without the brake. The bluing was a suprise, I thought he was leaving it bare. I was planning to paint it. I'll leave it till it gets skinned up, then I'll paint it. Check out the fitting of the brake & the thread cap. Thanks to Martin List of List Machine & Gunshop in Tryon, OK for doing the metal work. He did a helluva job!
IMG_0352.jpg

IMG_0362.jpg

IMG_0364.jpg

IMG_0360.jpg

IMG_0359.jpg

Thanks, this is my first "custom" gun. I'm anxious to finish it and get a load worked up. Then I'll stretch it out to 1000yds. Hopefully I won't make an ass of myself.

Your bottom metal looks extremely canted upwards. Have you function tested it yet?

I is the R&D brake. I haven't tried it yet. The bottom metal probably isn't right. I just stuck it together for pics. The pillars aren't in it & it's not bedded.

I wanted a Manners, but this McMillan was easy to get & a good price. So far I like it. I wanted one of Terry Cross' stocks, but the price is more than I had to spend at the time.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: km71107</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The man in the big brown truck showed up a few days ago! Look what he brought: This thing is a monster. It weighs right at 15lbs as it sits now. The barrel is 27" without the brake. The bluing was a suprise, I thought he was leaving it bare. I was planning to paint it. I'll leave it till it gets skinned up, then I'll paint it. Check out the fitting of the brake & the thread cap. Thanks to Martin List of List Machine & Gunshop in Tryon, OK for doing the metal work. He did a helluva job!
IMG_0352.jpg

IMG_0362.jpg

IMG_0364.jpg

IMG_0360.jpg

IMG_0359.jpg
</div></div>

She sure is a beauty!!! What did it run you all together from start to finish??

I've got just under $1900 in it as it sits now. I think I did pretty good building a rifle like this for that price.