• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My new Rem Def PSR

RCKJAX

Private
Minuteman
Jul 16, 2020
Jacksonville Florida
Well new to me. Name is Rob, new to the site. Hello all! I picked up My PSR at an estate auction a few months back not fully aware of how amazing this rifle is. Surprised I won the high bid actually. I have been searching through the forums to try to read up on stories from anyone with field experience on the Remington Defense PSR. Not much out there in the recent. Found a few rifle reviews from around 2013. Anybody with knowledge of this rifle I am open to hear your thoughts. So far I have only been able to take it to my local range at 200 yards and I am very very impressed. There is an 800 yard range a couple hours for me I'm hoping to get to next month. The PSR Kit is slightly incomplete, I only have the barrel bolt and clips for 338 Lapua Mag and 308 win mag. I have been mildly searching the internet to see if I could pick up the bold-faced clips & barrel for the 300 conversion. I have had no luck. Both are very exciting to shoot and it does draw lots of questions and conversation at the range when I switch from 308 to 338 in about 5 minutes sitting at the range!
45255.jpeg
45253.jpeg

At a long range class in WA, a guy had a complete kit minus the AAC 338 can. Well i had my AI AXMC with the AAC 338 can so in exchange to shoot my can had a chance to shoot the PSR. Still preferred my AI however. Good luck with your search and shooting the rifle

Reactions: RCKJAX
I seen some stuff on gunbroker for that rifle. Try searching Remington chassis on GB. If nothing else I’d give Remington a call. The worst they can say is go pound sand.
I don’t know how you can even take it around others. Old used military surplus rifle. With it not being complete you should sell it to me. 😂
Really nice find. I’d hold on to that one.

Did you get the hard case for it too? I have the full kit new in box. I had gotten it during a EuroOptic special. Have yet to do anything with it. It's still in the boxed hard case in my garage. It was an expensive piece to buy. Many here are going to beat up the Remington as being not worthy. 'Can't hit the broad side of a barn', etc etc. I have no idea if there is validity to what they claim though. I thought it would make a nice addition to the other full PSR kits I have. :)

Fix my typos.....

Last edited:
Did you get the hard case for it too? I have the full kit new in box. I had gotten it during a EuroOptic special. Have yet to do anything with it. It's still in the boxed hard case in my garage. It was an expensive piece to buy. Many here are going to beat up the Remington as being not worthy. 'Can't hide the broad side of a barn', etc etc. I have no idea if there is validity to what they claim though. I though it would make a nice addition to the other full PSR kits I have. :)
Yeah there’s always some ass that thinks his $250 Brownells special is better than whatever you happen to have. If you take their bait and disagree they get really nasty. Of course it’s all from the safety of their moms house.
You fellas have some awesome weapon systems. Any respectable marksman would be proud to get to shoot one of them much less own one. They’re top shelf in my book guys.

Did you get the hard case for it too? I have the full kit new in box. I had gotten it during a EuroOptic special. Have yet to do anything with it. It's still in the boxed hard case in my garage. It was an expensive piece to buy. Many here are going to beat up the Remington as being not worthy. 'Can't hide the broad side of a barn', etc etc. I have no idea if there is validity to what they claim though. I though it would make a nice addition to the other full PSR kits I have. :)
Yes it came with the pelican hard case. From some of the reading and videos I've watched I believe my model is a little bit older than what europtics sold. Same Mod system from what I can tell, however the newer has a different type of pelican case. Mine straps in with accessories in a molle style camo field case and then that fits into the pelican hard case. I believe yours has the molded foam for the rifle and all the accessories. And your field case is stored in the lid. I think mine is probably about 5 years or more older than yours. Anyway I do highly recommend heading out to the range. This is the only high end sniper rifle I have ever shot so I don't have anything really to compare it to other than an old 30-30 and 30-06 that my grandfather used for elk back in the 70's. So, in my recent experience It is amazing on the control. My 14 year old son put all five rounds out of the magazine within 4 in of each other at 200 yards and his experience is 22s and BB guns. Owning that gun and not shooting it is like having a Ferrari in the garage and not driving it. In my opinion.

I've done hundreds of barrels for them. I have 30+ 308 Win barrel extensions and a few of the magnum extensions. Also several AAC brakes. I also have the original Remington chamber reamers. I'm on vacation now but I think I have a 308 Win bolt also. I have drawer full of stuff left over from that project.

Last edited:
I've done hundreds of barrels for them. I have 30+ 308 Win barrel extensions and a few of the magnum extensions. Also several AAC brakes. I also have the original Remington chamber reamers. I'm on vacation now but I think I have a 308 Win bolt also. I have drawer full of stuff left over from that project.
The stuff leftover that I didn't gank from you :LOL:

Can you spin up a 6.5 Creedmoor barrel for mine? 26 inches maybe :)

great pics! I’m seriously considering picking up one of these rifles if erupoptic still has any stacked up somewhere, I am wondering about accuracy since Iv seen some threads with guys tossing the barn side joke around and wanted to get some real data from a owner. Also was wondering about true weight of the rifle loaded of course. Thanks for the pics again might have tipped the scales just enough!

Reactions: AIAW
great pics! I’m seriously considering picking up one of these rifles if erupoptic still has any stacked up somewhere, I am wondering about accuracy since Iv seen some threads with guys tossing the barn side joke around and wanted to get some real data from a owner. Also was wondering about true weight of the rifle loaded of course. Thanks for the pics again might have tipped the scales just enough!

Dude do yourself a favor and buy the AI ASR kit instead. It’s the same price and is a waaaaaaaaaaay better rifle. You can actually buy barrels and bolts and extras for them too. I couldn’t even find a extra picatinny rail section for the Remington PSR even having a buddy who knows the sales manager for Remington defense call in a favor. The chassis and quick change barrel system alone blow the Remington out of the water.

I might be looking to sell mine. I have an old f100 project truck that my son and I want to tackle and I was considering freeing up the funds from this rifle to start the ball rolling. PM me and we can talk further. Thanks Rob