• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My new RWS/KMW 260

Kubitza123

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 15, 2012
Central Texas near Waco
Well fellas its finished see what you think. Robert did a great and fast turn around job with great communication and customer service as always and Terry builds a beautiful fit and finish stock.

Defiance Deviant action, 26" Bartlein MTU 1-8 throated for 140's with deep spiral fluting, RWS muzzle brake and contoured threaded cap, KMW stock with his custom chassis, GG&G bipod,NF rings and 6-24x50 PST . Scope will be upgraded eventually to 5-25 Steiner. Possibly Cerakote one day as well.

Threw the JP side charger in the pics as well.

Sorry wished pics were better but not sure how to upload on wifes new laptop from her camera.

That JP really ruins the pics, better send it to me and I will dispose of it properly for you! Nice build man, digging that camo.

Very nice looking rig, love the KMW stock. Now, how about some groups? We all would like to see how she shoots too...

Ok fella's , i pulled the bolt out lined up the bore with my target close as i could then adjusted the scope to it which is the one high bullet hole in the target. I measured it then adjusted the scope and you see where the rest landed. I did oil the barrel before firing any rounds so could have slight effect on accuracy but between me shooting a whole new setup the first time , first load etc it looks as if she should be a shooter.

Load was 43gr of H4350 in Lapua brass 210m primer 2.810 OAL I havent checked speed yet but was flatting the primers so i'll probably back it up to 42.5 and if it shoots well leave it there. Once i load those and fire i'll throw up hopefully a more impressive group.

Any load info welcome

Ended up at 42.5 gr H4350 . Gun shoots better than i can off bipod . One of the top holes was my first shot and one of them was my last shot . The other 4 are bugholed below. Had a hard time staying steady.

Not sure how much experience you have with Lapua brass, but they have a slightly smaller case capacity than other brands due to thicker walls. 43gr is a stiff charge to begin with so coupled with Lapua brass and 210 primers(which are known to run 10-15fps hotter than others), that's your cause for flattened primers. I had to back off half a grain from my proven match load when using Lapua to get pressure in order and since I can't get it locally, I gave up on it; I don't like using two different loads, it's too difficult to match velocities.

I'm also not surprised you found the sweet spot half a grain shorter than where you started. How did you settle on 2.810? Depending on your chamber, many 6.5s like to be seated long. I get best results at 2.890 with a .002" jump. Also, get that thing over a chronograph stat because velocity on 6.5s can vary pretty good. I've seen similar loads, same length, same twist, vary up to 100fps. Using Win brass, BR2s, and 42gr 4350, my 26" Brux shoots 140s at a blistering 2910fps. If I was to assume the typical 2800 or so, there would have been a lot of misses downrange.

Just some food for thought and my experience with the 260. Enjoy that new stick

Last edited:
My wife is going to end up divorcing me if I don't stay off the hide. How long was the wait for the KMW? Still 12 months?

Love those damn Sentinel stocks! I ordered one a month ago for my RWS .260.

Hello Kubitza123,

Congratulations on your new Rifle, this is a real badass rifle. Now that you have your new firearm, I have a question for you...

Do you know the weight of you Rifle? With Bipode and Scope?

Nice! Such a looker of a rifle, I knew she'd shoot. Not sure Robert build's any that don't!

Ok fella's , i pulled the bolt out lined up the bore with my target close as i could then adjusted the scope to it which is the one high bullet hole in the target. I measured it then adjusted the scope and you see where the rest landed. I did oil the barrel before firing any rounds so could have slight effect on accuracy but between me shooting a whole new setup the first time , first load etc it looks as if she should be a shooter.

Load was 43gr of H4350 in Lapua brass 210m primer 2.810 OAL I havent checked speed yet but was flatting the primers so i'll probably back it up to 42.5 and if it shoots well leave it there. Once i load those and fire i'll throw up hopefully a more impressive group.

Any load info welcome

Thanks guys . It's funny I just got a new Steiner 5-25x56 I'll be mounting on it and when I removed Vortex I grabbed it and it spun in the rings , I forgot to tighten the damn rings lol. So groups probably be better with a scope that's tight in the rings.

When I sight in Steiner I may post up another target since it should improve.

I'll weigh it once scopes mounted for you.