• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My new Sako

byoung

Minuteman
Oct 11, 2012
Asheville, NC
554100_10151177551864729_1480833880_n.jpg

374420_10151177551789729_215966641_n.jpg

554404_10151177551999729_749877250_n.jpg

Re: My new Sako

Very nice indeed, I am a BIG fan of the TRGs! Time to get the Sako bipod and you will see what they are realy about.

Very nice setup. How's it shoot? Sako makes nice stuff. My deer hunting gun is a Sako 75 7mm-08.

Thanks very much. I just got the optics and mounted them on a Near Mfg mount, thought I would just add a Harris bipod next. I am considering the factory Sako bipod but wanted to research a bit more and see what others think before pulling the trigger on one of them.I haven't had a chance to try it out yet. I am still lukewarm on the muticam on the stock but it was already done that way when I got it so for now I will just leave it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jbell</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Very nice indeed, I am a BIG fan of the TRGs! Time to get the Sako bipod and you will see what they are realy about. </div></div>

So the factory bipod is indeed worth the extra cost?

I really like the rifle it looks very nice' as for the bipod' I have been using Harris swivel models over 20 years now from see sand desert and rocky terrain without any failure and have been very pleased with them the only other bipod I used are Parker hale which was great from terrain but very uncomfortable to shoot from concrete surface' I believe you should get a Harris bipod and spend the change on ammunition or any other equipment you need
Good luck

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So the factory bipod is indeed worth the extra cost?</div></div>

no, buy an Atlas bipod with KRG's adapter

Agreed, haha!

Seriously though the Sako bipod does have a lot of strong points but we've broken or seen broken quite a few of them. For the money I would personally look elsewhere. Both us and Accushot make a mount that will give you a further-forward, closer-to-barrel bipod solution.
Justin

I own a TRG and love it. I shot it with a harris and then bought the factory bi-pod.

Out of those 2 alone as I've not shot on an atlas stick with a Harris swivel but get a pod lock.

I love the paint by the way.