• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos My new SPS Tac

MrDrift

Private
Minuteman
Jun 30, 2009
SE Michigan
Took a couple pics of my newest rifle. R700 SPS Tactical in .223. Got a Monarch 4-12x42 in some Burris XTR's on it. Sitting atop a Harris BRM.

Re: My new SPS Tac

nice, i got the same rifle too except in 308. are you running the burris base also??

All the local places had was Weaver brand bases but a EGW one piece is in my near future. It's shot sub half MOA with Federal bulk FMJ's. I'm impressed.

How do you like the hogue stock. I've been thinking about one.

The front end is a bit flimsy on the pillar bedded version. It may or may not be stiffer on the full bed version. When resting on a bi-pod the barrel is kinda close to the stock, but if you preload the pod it gives it good clearance. A nice stock over a stock SPS or SPS-V stock, but no McMillan.

Sweet looking rifle! I plan on getting one pretty quick.

Does that scope have target turrets or regular?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Menyo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sweet looking rifle! I plan on getting one pretty quick.

Does that scope have target turrets or regular? </div></div>
Pseudo target turrets. They aren't as big, but have total turns out and are hand turn-able and you can take them off and zero them as well. You can see them from the shooting position pretty easily. The caps keep them sealed for hunting weather. And the SF Parallax is locking as well.

It's at the smith right now, the rounds aren't loading right off the left side. The bolt keeps passing over them. They said it might end up going back to Remington, which sucks because I wanted to take it up north with me the end of may, and I'm sure Remington isn't that fast.

Well it's back from the smith. I picked it up after a couple of days of waiting with no call. He hadn't touched it yet. At the suggestion of my buddy, I stretched the mag spring and it feeds fine now.