• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My new stick!!!

slowyellow

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 17, 2012
Virginia Beach, VA
My barreled action finally got here today! So I picked it up and got to working to get it all together. Sorry no progress pics. I have nothing but GREAT things to say about everyone that I dealt with for this build. Here is a list of the goods and where I got them:

Barrel was purchased from Greg Young at bugholes.com. I took a leap of faith with this barrel maker as this was his first year of production under his own name. The barrel is a mullerworks. I'll update this or create another thread when I shoot it.

Chassis is an AICS purchased from the folks at Mile High Shooting Accessories. As was the SAS T.O.M.B. Brake.

Action is a SS Rem 700 action, that was trued by Russell at Scout Supply Company. He built the entire barreled action. It has a jewell trigger set at a crisp 1.5 lbs. The rail was bedded by him also, it's a LaRue. He threw in a badger bolt knob and duracoated it too. I also got Chris from Alpha mags to send him a couple of type 2 mags.

It's got the coyote viperskins on it, and the grippy cheek rest. Michael was great to deal with to say the least. I'm digging the skins too.

Optics setup is a Nightforce NXS 5.5-22x50 with the mildot reticle. I'm running nightforce rings as well.

I can't wait to get my load worked up for this. For the time being I'll be running Norma brass and 139 gr scenars.

Fitting the chassis was a pain, but it turned out good. Just FYI, an AICS doesn't fit a jewell trigger without modification. Excuse my bad pics, but let me know what you think.

SAM_0591.jpg

SAM_0593.jpg

SAM_0594.jpg

SAM_0597.jpg

IMAG0095.jpg

Re: My new stick!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RedRyder</div><div class="ubbcode-body">what caliber? looks mighty nice. </div></div>

Sorry bout that. It's the almighty 260!

I thought so when you mentioned the 139s. But it could have been a 6.5x47 or others. Outstanding caliber choice in my opinion.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dan11</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Range report </div></div>

Working on it man.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Curnow26</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sweet Rig! what scope rail is that? </div></div>

It's a LaRue rail. And thanks.

I guess I better request range 19 for our next match, huh?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BBsound</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I guess I better request range 19 for our next match, huh? </div></div>

I'm going to go ahead and say yeah, lol.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JaxOps</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice and we expect pics from the range soon </div></div>

Thanks, and I've got rounds loaded up to zero and just see where it's at accuracy wise. They should be downrange tomorrow afternoon. I'm stoked!

Thats a cool looking rifle. What is your freebore in the chamber?

Thanks for the compliments guys. Just got back from the range and figured I'd toss up a couple of pics for you. Russell did a great job and everything performed great. Keep in mind that this was just a generic load that I got from Greg Young from southern precision rifles AKA bugholes. And I seated the bullets .010 from the lands, as advised from Greg as well. Both pics are of 5 shot groups, I zero'd the calipers at .264 and measured from outside to outside. I'm happy with the results, and it should tighten up with more rounds down the tube with more round tweaking.

IMAG0100.jpg

SAM_0601.jpg

SAM_0600.jpg

Last edited:

What an amazing rig. I bet you were grinning all the way home. I can’t wait to see with that thing does with a little more tweaking. Congrats!

This one really came together well. I am glad we ended up going with that grey.

Thank you again for your business now just shoot the crap out of it so we can do it again....

Russell
Scout Supply Company LLC

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SSC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This one really came together well. I am glad we ended up going with that grey.

Thank you again for your business now just shoot the crap out of it so we can do it again....

Russell
Scout Supply Company LLC
</div></div>

I'm happy with the color choice as well. I already got a compliment on it at the range. And when the time comes ill be sending it back to you for a rebarrel. Thanks again for a great build.

Just wanted to update this thread as I just shot a new best for me and the rifle. I was pretty stoked about it. I started shooting prone, and with a few pointers from a buddy of mine I can see my groups tightening up. This one was at 300 yards and my 5 shot group measured at .638". Thanks SSC for such a great rifle.

IMG_0066.jpg

I just wanted to update a couple of my posts to reflect that I got this load from Greg at SPR, aka bugholes. It was his generic 6.5 load, that he said flat out shoots in anything he puts it in, and he wasn't kidding. Great load. Still using it today. By no way did I mean to not give him credit, I didn't even realize that I didn't call him out until it was brought to my attention from a buddy of mine. I know that I said it before to Greg, but publicly, thanks man.

just love them 260s! i think my 6.5x47s are easier to load for.but when you find a good load for the 260 it sure is sweet!i hope you shoot the hell out of that nice rifle!
dave