• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos my new toy, r&d precision 308. thank you !!!

j-newton

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 24, 2008
ny
thanks for every one on here that i got these parts from for this build. it came out better than i had thought it would. and a big thanks to R&D precision for taking the project on.

to the range tommarow.....

Re: my new toy, r&d precision 308. thank you !!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bolloxinaspanner</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tell us about the scope. Schmidt & Bender via AI? </div></div>

MK2 is the military version of PM2.

http://www.accuracyinternational.com/accessories_list.php#3

"The Military scopes have a laser filtration lens coating and AI logo."

the build is:
guardian action , aw 308
1:10 twist 308 kreiger, heavy palma contour 24"
r&d bottom metal
tuned rem trigger
mcmillan mchale molded in camo stock
parker hale stud and bipod
r&d scope rail and reciol lug
seekins rings
ai schmidt bender 4-16x50 p3 with ranging bars

randy at r&d precision put it all together. and he did a great job. the stock is a bit thick for a remington setup he made it work. im glad i sent it to him. i would not of even got it close to as nice as he did.
most of these parts came from other members here on the hide. they were all great people to deal with. thanks to all that i got these parts from .

now to the range i go.....

well not a bad start. i used 308 loads from my rem 5r to start with. there 175 pulled m118's with heavy pull marks. thats ten rounds in there. dont know how much better I can do, but the rifle is fantastic.

url]

By jmnewton at 2012-06-19

I'm sure the rifle will shoot.

Now all we have to do is get the nut behind the trigger to shoot it well.
wink.gif

Looks nice! I'm sure it will shoot very well.

Next we just need to drag you out to a few matches!

thats now the plan. try to get to them and see how it does. better be better than the old 5r.

Well, you are now, officially, out of excuses...

That's the upside of a cheap gun -- If you don't shoot well, you can always blam the $%$% cheap gun...

That is a great looking rig. I love it, especially the stock and the Defiance/R&D action.

I've never been behind one, but I've always loved the look of the McHale. How is the sight picture/cheek weld with the stock?

jabels.....
the sight picture is good it is only a little low but i still have not put any riser on it yet. i too loved the look of parker hale style sniper rifle so i ended up with this. im loving it more and more. i know i will build another with this stock when the time comes. thank you to all for the comments

love this set up looks great

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: j-newton</div><div class="ubbcode-body">the build is:
guardian action , aw 308
1:10 twist 308 kreiger, heavy palma contour 24"
r&d bottom metal
tuned rem trigger
mcmillan mchale molded in camo stock
parker hale stud and bipod
r&d scope rail and reciol lug
seekins rings
ai schmidt bender 4-16x50 p3 with ranging bars

randy at r&d precision put it all together. and he did a great job. the stock is a bit thick for a remington setup he made it work. im glad i sent it to him. i would not of even got it close to as nice as he did.
most of these parts came from other members here on the hide. they were all great people to deal with. thanks to all that i got these parts from .

now to the range i go.....

</div></div>
What a great set up,that's what i'm aiming for