• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My New Xtreme Low-Profile Levels are... NOW AVAILABLE!

Tyler Kemp

Print Daddy
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Aug 23, 2008
MO
mkmachining.com
Hello All,

I'd like to introduce what I believe will be your new favorite scope level. There was an introductory post previously, but they are formally available in limited quantities now, and a much larger batch is in progress now as well, which should be coming in releases to keep inventory on hand for the foreseeable future.

The key points:

1) Only .3" of scope tube space needed, fits well with today's modern trend of mounts and rings and shorter mounting space available

2) Only .2" of clearance between your scope tube and rail to mount without optic removal necessary

3) Sensitive, but compact vial. Responds to less than a degree of movement, even in cold temps.

4) Vial is protected, yet well lit via ambient light. Working on some nighttime fun level mods as well, but that is down the road. Planning on that being compatible with current levels via our spiffy printing processes.

5) No snag design, highly visible design-doesn't stick past even compact turrets, but is visible with your nonshooting eye even with beefy turrets

6) One bolt to install, super easy setup. Clear indicator line lasered in.

7) Available in all tube sizes. 1", 30mm, 34mm, 35mm, 36mm, 40mm. Rail mount version coming July.

Check em out at the link below, and some pics below that!

IMG_7649.jpg
IMG_7646small.jpg

IMG_7650small.jpg

IMG_7646small.jpg
IMG_7653small.jpg
IMG_7654small.jpg
IMG_7651small.jpg

Oh, I forgot the price. $74.99. I believe these bat with the very most expensive levels out there in features, finish, and performance.

Electronic levels are a different beast, and offer unique mounting capabilities, etc, but in terms of sensitivity these are up there particularly for vial size.

Reactions: Taylorbok
Would love to get one in your hands for thoughts!
I would run one. I really like the looks of it.

I just built a top shelf rimfire with a brand new Envy Pro and XTR Pro to go on it. It needs a level.

Shoot me a PM, we'll work it out.

IMG_9132.jpeg
IMG_9133.jpeg

Received mine this week and love it. I also own the leading competitor to this level and the MKM XLP tucks in tighter to the scope tube, does not extend beyond the windage knob unlike the other level on many scopes. Shown here on a Steiner T6 in ARC MBrace mount.

Not speaking for the last guy, but I usually find those built in levels to be basically invisible when you're actually behind the optic.
Correct, I tried the included level but found that both the mounting options were not satisfactory for visibility and not interfering my bolt manipulation. It might work for some setups, really didn’t work for mine.

Correct, I tried the included level but found that both the mounting options were not satisfactory for visibility and not interfering my bolt manipulation. It might work for some setups, really didn’t work for mine.
Interdasting....I just got an Mbrace and the level is built into the base at the pic mount not an add on. Just went to there site and the pics are with add on level, wonder if they just changed the design recently and have not updated the site pics how old is you mbrace?.

Mine MBrace is less than 6 months old, no built in level. Only the included add-on accessory level. Even if it had a built in level I prefer a scope tube mounted level.

Reactions: Im2bent
Will take a pic tonight who knows I may be having a serious senior moment. The mount is only 2 weeks old.

Reactions: SEPAboltrifle
Ok its official I'm a senile citizen, disregard my post. I don't know what the fuck I saw when I opened the box and my rotten brain scrambled the memory. Time for some ginko biloba. Now to order one of these babies.

Ok its official I'm a senile citizen, disregard my post. I don't know what the fuck I saw when I opened the box and my rotten brain scrambled the memory. Time for some ginko biloba. Now to order one of these babies.
We have a senior citizen early bird discount if you buy before 7am ;)

Reactions: camocorvette
Are we not naming the competitor? I have a bunch of Halo-X kicking around, but also a Send-It so I don’t know if I’ll buy more levels…mayhaps on my TT315M I need a hair more clearance to run the level between the objective and erector housing, need to measure.

Edit: based on .3” clearance needed, doubt these have the clearance I need as the Halo X are nearly there at .3125” wide.

Last edited:
We have a senior citizen early bird discount if you buy before 7am ;)
Actually when I went on your site a window popped up with an offer of 10 percent off for "signing up" so I ordered 2 levels.

Are we not naming the competitor? I have a bunch of Halo-X kicking around, but also a Send-It so I don’t know if I’ll buy more levels…mayhaps on my TT315M I need a hair more clearance to run the level between the objective and erector housing, need to measure.

Edit: based on .3” clearance needed, doubt these have the clearance I need as the Halo X are nearly there at .3125” wide.
Old thread now, but just a follow up. Our XLP levels are 0.300" wide. The one I just measured was actually just a touch thinner.

Reactions: TheOE800
I just ordered two of these and I am excited to receive them.

I am very pleased that they use a hollow set screw to secure the spirit level instead of the extremely annoying c-clip, which will make them more easily user-serviceable.

The white lines should help my aging eyes more easily line up the bubble.

-Stan

My XLPs arrived today.

They were much easier to install via their single screw design than the previous Vortex levels I was using. They have torque specs written on them which is great for a dumb person like me.

The white marks are very bright, and very easy for my aging eyes to see, and I like the idea of aligning the center of the bubble between the thick white lines more than aligning the entire bubble between the thin black lines.

Thank you @Tyler Kemp for designing such an amazing product. My eyes and brain thank you.

-Stan

Last edited: