• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Hunting & Fishing My Ohio buck

DarnYankeeUSMC

McCarthy Was Right
Minuteman
  • Mar 18, 2012
    In your head
    He was aged at 9 1/2 years weighed 200 lbs. field dressed. I would have liked to seen him at 5 years old. He is all scared up, ears torn up. He is a real trophy in my book. Archery kill at 24 yards.

Last edited:
    How was the meat?

All of the meat was ground burger. I have not eaten any yet. I killed 5 doe that were in the 130lb. range so the freezers are fairly stuffed. The doe are the ones I get stakes and roasts from. The corn and soy bean fed deer in that area make for some tasty eating.

OK, that's less than hour from me. Im in clermont, some piggies around here.
    I hunted Warren county for some time, then my brother sold his place and moved to the city. Went door knocking and ran across a farmer who was looking for someone to kill deer. My daughters have a problem with eating beef from the store, makes them sick, so I fill the freezers.
    I drive thru Clermont I usually run up 75 and take the east by pass then 32 across.
    Do you hunt in Clermont County?

Yeah. Mainly east of New Richmond of 52, and outside of Amelia. Trying to pick up new place in Batavia, they have some farmers "hunting" it now, but it sounds like they have wore out their welcome. Im drooling over the place. I used to hunt in adams co outside of Decatur. But I spent more time running off trespassers and finally they wore me down. I stopped wasting my time. However, I did get to take a 162" 13 pt off of it before I left. Hes a pig.

I live about 15 minutes from Hillsboro. Lot of nice deer around this area of ohio