• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing My Recommendation - Jim's Custom Gunworks

utnapishtim

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 14, 2008
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Hi All,

I'm not sure I'm putting this in the right place, but here it is.

This weekend, I needed a barrel put on my DPMS LR-308. I would have done it myself, but I couldn't get the old gas block loose, and I was questioning whether or not I had the skill to get the new one on, and under the free float hand-guard. I didn't NEED to have it done this weekend. I just intended to drop it off, and pick it up in a week or two. Most smiths I've gone to generally don't even look at my kit until it's had a chance to age.

Well, thanks to someone here on the hide recommending him, I dropped m rifle off with Jim Kobe, of Jim's Custom Gunworks, on Saturday, and I was able to pick it up today. He even had to get his hands on a new tool to get the enlarged barrel-nut off, and it was still a 48 hour turn-around, on a holiday weekend no less.

He has a nice shop, with everything necessary to build out a nice custom rifle, from barrels to bolt knobs.

So, in appreciation for his effort, I'd like to provide him a good recommendation.

Jim Kobe
Jim's Custom Gunworks
Address: 10841 Oxborough Ave. So. Bloomington, MN 55437 USA
Voice: 1-952-884-6031
Builder of fine quality rifles. Specializing in accuracy rifle work, action trueing barrelling Sako extractors and custom wood stocks.

Reactions: carbonbased