• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My Rem 700 AAC-SD has taken new form.

madAB

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 3, 2011
SE PA
I got into long range shooting about 2 years ago after researching this site. My rifle has morphed 3 times to as it sits now.

This is how I started. A Rem 700 AAC-SD with Seekins rail and rings, Bushnell 3-12x44
IMG_1915.jpg

The Bell and Carlson stock didn't last long. I decided to go with a McMillan before even shooting it and added a Badger bolt knob.
IMG_1987.jpg

Finally, this is how it now sits. I had a 25% off coupon to Eurooptic (great guys to deal with) so I thought it was time to use it. I switched to an AICS as I needed a longer length of pull and wanted to go to a DBM. I figured by the time spent money upgrading the A5, I may as well just spring for the AICS. I also grabbed an Atlas bipod and swapped to a USO 3.2-17x44. I have yet to shoot it in this configuration, but I think I'm going to really enjoy it. It feels like a new gun. The only thing left is to add a muzzle brake. Do you guys have any suggestions?
Rifle_zpsa2c74c00.jpg

Looks great! Have you upgraded your trigger yet? I went with a Jewell on my long range custom 7mm STW and it is incredible compared to the tuned factory trigger I had. Other good options are Shilen and Timney.

If you're looking for a brake, I'd go with the TBAC 30BA brake, that way you still have your threads if you want a can, and TBAC customer service is unbeatable.

Looks great! Have you upgraded your trigger yet? I went with a Jewell on my long range custom 7mm STW and it is incredible compared to the tuned factory trigger I had. Other good options are Shilen and Timney.

I have pondered an aftermarket trigger. From the research I've done, the new version of the AICS has more space to fit an aftermarket trigger without having to modify the stock. I have looked into the Jewell and Timney. Maybe I'll have to add a Jewell to the rifle.

Ammo. Seems to me like you need to shoot it.
I agree. I only just did the newest upgrades last week though. Also, PA winter's aren't the most desirable for outdoor shooting. I just signed up for a 2 day precision shooting course at the end of March that I'm pretty excited about.