• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

my rem 700 build

emaher308

Private
Minuteman
Nov 21, 2012
Got into long range shooting bout a year and a half ago, started shooting a Remington 700 aac-sd 308 threw it in a mcree stock. Shot some f class matches and got bored with it so it was time to build... Hawk hill customs 26" fluted barrel jewell trigger ptg bolt aics 2.0 folder with viperskins harris bipod nightforce f1 mil mill. Heres a few pictures of it and a 5 shot group at 1000yds 5th shot is under my knife. Let me know what you think or anything I can do to better my setup.

Attachments

• IMG_1974.jpg
    IMG_1974.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_2039.jpg
    IMG_2039.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_2041.JPG
    IMG_2041.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 13
my rem 700 build

Nice looking rifle and great shooting. What caliber are you shooting? Did you stick with .308? Those holes look small.

thanks, I stuck with the .308 178 amax over varget shoots the best out of it

Looking to transition from AR's to long range shooting. Have pretty much decided on the Remington 700 platform to start more specifically the 20" with the threaded barrel. Since that's where you started is there anything that I should give serious consideration to and or stay away from.

It's a blast you'll get hooked fast, I'd recommend good glass and hand loading is a must

That's some great shooting on your part. I would think you would be hard pressed to improve on that. Well done.

Regards, Paul

Thanks I'm very impressed with the guys at hawk hill customs they build one hell of a rig