• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My rifle is better than your rifle

Re: My rifle is better than your rifle

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SgtMoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">.just wait for the good Lord to come and take me home with my son </div></div>

Your son wants you to be happy and live a full life. I just sent you a PM.

You proved me wrong Moe. Gotta respect a man who admits his wrongs. You showed a lot of character by stepping up instead of just turning tail and leaving.

I'm sure there are no words that will bring you comfort but I am sorry for your loss.

Stick around a little while, you'll have friends before you know it. Lots of good guys here.

As a parent I can't Imagine losing my child. As someone who has been to war three times and done my fair share of war type things I know first hand that what I did will haunt my very existence til my dying day. Nothing about my life now is glorious, heroic, epic, in fact I wish I could forget about it. If you truly want to be or have ever wanted to be a sniper I feel for you because the old addage of be careful what you wish for can bite you in the ass. The scar lasts forever. Being a sniper or having been one is not a free ticket for being the best shooter on the planet. In fact map reading e&e and concealment all have to be mastered or your first shot will likely be your last. Food for thought sgtMoe. Be yourself. Don't sweat the petty stuff, don't pet the sweaty stuff.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SgtMoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mr. Grimm I was informed that a bunch of little dots like that meant you were pausing in ur sentence......I'll try to do better.....I just want you all to know....yes I was a ass to some u you guys and I'm sorry and I will try to be a better person.....and also when i was in the corps I was a damn good Marine </div></div>

They're called ellipsis and after reading your "thoughts" it pains me to say your intentions with their use is correct (sort of, if you disregard 8th grade English altogether) but the execution sucks. There is only supposed to be three (3) periods (...) not any random number. And your rampant over use is not only annoying as hell but it also makes your posts incoherent and no one wants incoherent posts.

Sort of like this.
<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jNl6IWGO0RA&feature=related"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jNl6IWGO0RA&feature=related" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SgtMoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I was informed that a bunch of little dots like that meant you were pausing in ur sentence......</div></div>

There is also such a thing as a comma, it, when used in a sentence, coveys the very same, pausing, effect.

So you <span style="font-style: italic">did</span> in fact serve as a Marine? Then thank you for your service. That is more than what I have done.

PS: This talks about the difference between ellipsis marks, hyphens and dashes (not trying to give you a hard time, but since it was brought up repeatedly):

Link

The guy apologized already. No need to turn this into a grammar session.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: coldboremiracle</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SgtMoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I was informed that a bunch of little dots like that meant you were pausing in ur sentence......</div></div>

There is also such a thing as a comma<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #FF0000">.</span></span> <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #FF0000">I</span></span>t, when used in a sentence, co<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #FF0000">n</span></span>veys the very same, pausing, effect. </div></div>

laugh.gif
(And yes, the <span style="font-style: italic">real</span> grammar, punctualization, and spelling Nazi stayed out for the longest time for obvious reasons. I would also argue against the last two commas as superfluous, but see that they convey dramatic effect.)

Welcome to the hide, I didn't exactly start off very well either, I got ripped for a comment I made, it happens. Let's just hope that from here on, both of us have a better relationship with the hide. I'm a beginner to precision shooting myself, I've been hunting most of my life though, so I have some experience, the hide can really help you learn how to shoot better and most members don't care about what stick you're shooting with.

Slapchop, that ain't GI Joe, it's Clint Eastwood as 'Gunny Highway' who some have said I slightly resemble(Maybe if they were drunk and half blind). My head shot in the Dave Mann picture does look a pretty darn close though. Gotta love the view from the North side of that old bridge

OP, you have apparently redeemed yourself among a few folks here to include Mike. I'll reserve further comment until I see serious interest in actually putting together a solid working rifle. But last I checked; no Marine, even a sniper, would ever put a bipod on backwards. I think you owe this forum a debt to square away everything you have done here with this post.
I'll give you a little sympathy for the loss of a son, because I would probably eat a 45 over stuff like that...I truly cannot imagine losing a kid. It would send me way over the deep end of sanity

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Solid_Squirrel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So you <span style="font-style: italic">did</span> in fact serve as a Marine? Then thank you for your service. That is more than what I have done.

PS: This talks about the difference between ellipsis marks, hyphens and dashes (not trying to give you a hard time, but since it was brought up repeatedly):

Link </div></div> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Slapchop</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The guy apologized already. No need to turn this into a grammar session. </div></div>

Actually, I found it quite informative. Have a BA from a major University and no one ever taught me this. Thanks, Squirrel

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Switchblade</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Slapchop, that ain't GI Joe, it's Clint Eastwood as 'Gunny Highway' who some have said I slightly resemble(Maybe if they were drunk and half blind). My head shot in the Dave Mann picture does look a pretty darn close though. Gotta love the view from the North side of that old bridge

OP, you have apparently redeemed yourself among a few folks here to include Mike. I'll reserve further comment until I see serious interest in actually putting together a solid working rifle. But last I checked; no Marine, even a sniper, would ever put a bipod on backwards. I think you owe this forum a debt to square away everything you have done here with this post.
I'll give you a little sympathy for the loss of a son, because I would probably eat a 45 over stuff like that...I truly cannot imagine losing a kid. <span style="color: #CC0000">It would send me way over the deep end of sanity </span> </div></div>

Thought you had already made that leap, old man.
whistle.gif

Hell, I'm still trying to figure out his user title.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: maggot</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Solid_Squirrel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So you <span style="font-style: italic">did</span> in fact serve as a Marine? Then thank you for your service. That is more than what I have done.

Link </div></div> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Slapchop</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The guy apologized already. No need to turn this into a grammar session. </div></div>

Actually, I found it quite informative. Have a BA from a major University and no one ever taught me this. Thanks, Squirrel </div></div>

You're welcome! I am far from mastering grammar myself, although I only have a GED.

Sorry, officer, won't happen again.
laugh.gif

welcome aboard sailor, i shall be your wingman and we shall swashbuckle this boat as mates, wait what?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VJJPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">welcome aboard sailor, i shall be your wingman and we shall swashbuckle this boat as mates, wait what? </div></div>

Don't worry about VJJ. His lispy bark is worse than his bite, so I'm told.

qy5s09.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Switchblade</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
OP, you have apparently redeemed yourself among a few folks here to include Mike. </div></div>

I didn't say he was redeemed by any stretch, but I am also not going to refuse someone a chance. He still has much to prove in my eyes but I will give him a chance to do so.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Veer_G</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VJJPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">welcome aboard sailor, i shall be your wingman and we shall swashbuckle this boat as mates, wait what? </div></div>

Don't worry about VJJ. His lispy bark is worse than his bite, so I'm told.

qy5s09.jpg
</div></div>

That pic is just 'damn creepy' IMHO.

If that pic wasn't done for humor than someday in his not so distant future than dressing in them clothes and allowing that pic to be taken is gonna bite him in the ass harder than an oversize pitbull!!!! Even in fun a possible employer or such will 'ponder' its intentions. lol Creepy really!

I don't think he's playing ^ so this will probably be more like a resume pic for the poor bastard. If that <span style="font-weight: bold">is</span> VJJPunisher then he must have a boyfriend name VJJ. That or maybe its like calling a really huge dude "Tiny". No offense of course
wink.gif
Hahaha, just playin VJJ we'll chalk that self pic up to you being young and dumb. Alright alright, I kid.

Who cares what a bunch of people on the internet think? This thread is stupid.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Texas Heat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Who cares what a bunch of people on the internet think? This thread is stupid. </div></div>

Yes, now that you showed up.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Slapchop</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Texas Heat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Who cares what a bunch of people on the internet think? This thread is stupid. </div></div>

Yes, now that you showed up. </div></div> Wow you got me there...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Texas Heat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Who cares what a bunch of people on the internet think? </div></div>
Your right, I will disregard the opinions, starting with yours.

Jarhead,

Square youself away Marine! Fix that freakin bipod!

Your a Marine bro. That's enough for me to call you Brother. No reason to spice it up more than that. Unless your a ground pounding grunt, your nothing more than support. Your a MARINE, no more emphasis needed!

Seriously though, I am truly sorry for your loss. I think I would agree with Switchblades remarks. I couldn't even begin to imagine what you are feeling bro. Hope it gets better for you.

Semper Fi,
Seth

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Seth8541</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Your a Marine bro. That's enough for me to call you Brother. No reason to spice it up more than that. <span style="font-weight: bold">Unless your a ground pounding grunt, your nothing more than support.</span> Your a MARINE, no more emphasis needed!</div></div>

Is "Sgt. Moe" supposed to understand that to be encouraging, or a put-down?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VJJPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i'm an ass pounding grunt, that count? </div></div>

Not being an ass-pounding grunter (grunting ass-pounder?) isn't the worst that "Sgt. Moe" could have done.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: coldboremiracle</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Texas Heat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Who cares what a bunch of people on the internet think? </div></div>
Your right, I will disregard the opinions, starting with yours.</div></div>
CRYBABY.jpg

<span style="color: #FF0000">Progress update:</span> <span style="color: #FF0000">Bipod squared away</span> and here's a picture of my rifle, one guy thought it was a 770 but it's a 710 30-06 not it's not as fancy as yall's but it was a birthdays present from my son, I had the bolt worked on and added a new scope. I want to thank the guys that are helping me through this mess i created, Lord knows i need all the help i can get. I have been cleaning up the crap on the internet...The one thing i have learned from you guys is how much of stuff that i make available on the internet for any tom dick or harry to get a hold of. Somebody could really screw me up. Guys don't give up on me i would like to be squared away again like i was when i was in.
DSCN1073.jpg

Here's the article about my son if anybody's interested,
http://www.news-record.com/content/2009/07/13/article/cancer_patient_who_married_on_saturday_dies

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Veer_G</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Seth8541</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Your a Marine bro. That's enough for me to call you Brother. No reason to spice it up more than that. <span style="font-weight: bold">Unless your a ground pounding grunt, your nothing more than support.</span> Your a MARINE, no more emphasis needed!</div></div>

</div></div>

It means that the entire Marine Corps is their to support the Infantry. If you are NOT infantry than you are Support. If he is Infantry than he is the backbone of the Corps and all who are not, are there to support him. Should be proud of that and not have to say he is a Sniper to feel as though he did something to be proud of. He did, and that was being a member of the Marine Corps Infantry.

In short............it was not a put down.

Do you have a grasp of my meaning now?

I have been following this thread and refrained from saying anything until now.

JH89 you have balls and for that I will give you credit. It takes a big man to admit his wrongs, especially on a forum like this. I was curious as to whether your apology was sincere and figured time will tell, I am now leaning towards giving you the benefit of doubt that it was and is genuine, don't prove me wrong. I can't imagine what losing a child is like nor do I want to. While tragic it is not an excuse for your actions and should not be used as one. You are a man and a Marine and as such must claim responsibility for your actions and choices without excuse.

I'm sorry for the loss of your son. I would venture to guess that he was a fine man since his wife was willing to marry him knowing full well he was going to pass. That in itself speaks highly of the son you raised to be a fine man and that goes to speak of the man you were and can be again.

Sounds like you are on your way to maing things right even if it did take someone calling you out ont he carpet. There have been plenty of dirtbags to come on here and be run off by the google masters here when exposed. You did the right thing and stepped up to the plate and admitted your wrongs and for that you have earned some level of respect back, don't lose it.

I tip my hat to you for your coming clean and apologizing. I pray that you will recover and heal from the loss of your son and learn to grieve in a healthy way. God bless.

I'm glad that the OP is cleaning up after himself. He really should take a look around and clear up some stuff on Facebook, etc., that doesn't exactly look factual, and it's not just the 0317/3534 thing.

And yes, Seth, I heard you loud and clear, right between the lines.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Veer_G</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm glad that the OP is cleaning up after himself. He really should take a look around and clear up some stuff on Facebook, etc., that doesn't exactly look factual, and it's not just the 0317/3534 thing.

And yes, Seth, I heard you loud and clear, right between the lines. </div></div>

Lol, sorry Veer, when looking back at that most I could see how you might have read my post as being slightly sarcastic. Not meant that way. I did re-read my post and see how it was hard to see where I was going with it. Should have been more clear.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jarhead89</div><div class="ubbcode-body">See this is some of the crap that people have to put up with on here......The the first guy Knight11b4 he was ok.....
#2 next guy coldbore......well if u have better things to
read about then what are u doing reading my post
for....
#3 The other guy Mr Maggot a ?........Really
#4 Mr Ballistic Unbalanced emotions.....I don't
have emotions.....I kill them all
and let God sort them out.....
#5 I appreciate the heads up.....Im big dude also and i
didn't come here to fight......just to vent about how
some of the guys and how they talk down at some of
the members on here.....Hey FYI there is alot of
stuff on here i don't agree with......I don't say
stupid things its not my place....I just move onto the
next thread and read about something else........ </div></div>

I'm agreeing with you. There are dudes out there, and you may be one, that can just flat out shoot. A stock bolt gun with a little tweaking from someone with know how can be super accurate. My post was more of a heads up to guys with custom rigs that think the gun makes the shooter. (I'm not talking about anyone specific on this site)

Lastly, the "Big Guy"/ UFC was just an analogy. The "big guy" being the custom gun and the little UFC guy being a stock gun with an driver that knows what they're doing.

Shoot what you got, as well as you can. If you do your part, the targets will do all the talking.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Seth8541</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Veer_G</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Seth8541</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Your a Marine bro. That's enough for me to call you Brother. No reason to spice it up more than that. <span style="font-weight: bold">Unless your a ground pounding grunt, your nothing more than support.</span> Your a MARINE, no more emphasis needed!</div></div>

</div></div>

It means that the entire Marine Corps is their to support the Infantry. If you are NOT infantry than you are Support. If he is Infantry than he is the backbone of the Corps and all who are not, are there to support him. Should be proud of that and not have to say he is a Sniper to feel as though he did something to be proud of. He did, and that was being a member of the Marine Corps Infantry.

In short............it was not a put down.

Do you have a grasp of my meaning now?</div></div>

infantry.jpg

LMFAO!

That's good stuff right there. Lol

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Seth8541</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's good stuff right there. Lol </div></div>

[dryly] Uh, yeah, it is ... [/dryly]

k1rvdf.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Veer_G</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Seth8541</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's good stuff right there. Lol </div></div>

k1rvdf.gif
</div></div>

Apparently the above post VJJ posted was directed at me and I'm supposed to be bothered by it and I'm not so somehow that bothers your fuckin pussy ass. Sorry.....

You are just another internet tough guy who says what he wants because you know I'm not there to stomp that fucking stupid ass smirk right off your face, and then we'll see if you still have that fucking "dry laugh" comin out your mouth when I'm done with you. Fuckin pussy

Go ahead bitch, say something back, it the internet, you can get away with it.

actually no it wasnt supposed to bother you seth, thought youd like it.

and on the veer hate, relax brother, dont let dudes get under your skin

P.S. there are 2 MOS's in the Army, Infantry and Infantry support

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VJJPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">actually no it wasnt supposed to bother you seth, thought youd like it.

and on the veer hate, relax brother, dont let dudes get under your skin

P.S. there are 2 MOS's in the Army, Infantry and Infantry support </div></div>

We're all good VJJ. Didn't figure it was meant that way.

As for Veer?.....he's a smart mouth little fuckin punk.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Seth8541</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Veer_G</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Seth8541</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's good stuff right there. Lol </div></div>

k1rvdf.gif
</div></div>

Apparently the above post VJJ posted was directed at me and I'm supposed to be bothered by it and I'm not so somehow that bothers your fuckin pussy ass. Sorry.....

You are just another internet tough guy who says what he wants because you know I'm not there to stomp that fucking stupid ass smirk right off your face, and then we'll see if you still have that fucking "dry laugh" comin out your mouth when I'm done with you. Fuckin pussy

</div></div>

I'd say that you get torqued a bit too easily. Might want to think about slowing your idle down just a hair.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Veer_G</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Seth8541</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Veer_G</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Seth8541</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's good stuff right there. Lol </div></div>

k1rvdf.gif
</div></div>

</div></div>

I'd say that you get torqued a bit too easily. Might want to think about slowing your idle down just a hair. </div></div>

Yeah? I think you should watch your fuckin mouth.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Seth8541</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

You are just another internet tough guy who says what he wants because you know <span style="color: #3333FF">I'm not there to stomp that fucking stupid ass smirk right off your face, and then we'll see if you still have that fucking "dry lugh" comin out your mouth when I'm done with you.</span> Fuckin pussy

</div></div>

Fucking Awesome! Prime signature line materiel right there bro!