• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My Rifle is Finally Finished!!! Pics..

Prison Mike

Staff Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 4, 2011
Wilmington, NC
This rifle started life as a SPS Tactical and now the only thing stock on it is the action. Here are the specs:
<span style="font-weight: bold">Barrel</span>: Schneider 1:11 cut to 24, threaded with thread protector
<span style="font-weight: bold">Bolt</span>: Knob installed by AZ Precision and fluted by Chad Dixon
<span style="font-weight: bold">Stock</span>: Mcmillan A-4 60% light tan, 30% med tan, 10% OD standard fill ordered through JWP
<span style="font-weight: bold">Optics</span>: NightForce 3.5-15x50 bought here on the hide
<span style="font-weight: bold">Rings</span>: NightForce rings bought on the hide
Badger Ordnance M5, 20 MOA base, and Harris 6-9" bipod. All ordered through Triad Tactical
<span style="font-weight: bold">Trigger</span>: Timney trigger set at 2 pounds.

All of the smith work was done by American Precision Arms including; Action blueprinted, rethreaded, lugs lapped, APA oversized lug, rebarreled, chambered, threaded, APA custom thread protector, and barreled action and bolt coated with corrosion resistant KG Gunkote.

IMG_0623.jpg

IMG_0613.jpg

IMG_0619.jpg

IMG_0620.jpg

I took her to the range today and I couldn't believe how well it shot. The only problem I had was the shitty C Product magazines. If I could figure out a way to make it fit tightly into the M5 it would work fine, but the magazine was loose in the well and it was kind of tough to chamber the rounds. But other than that, she shot LIGHTS OUT!! I have to admit.... she outshoots me! I got my 100 yard zero, then I moved the target to 200 yards (the max at the local range). The pics below are from the 200. I didnt have a caliper to measure the group, but it's pretty tight for 200 yards I think.

IMG_0630.jpg

IMG_0629.jpg

IMG_0631.jpg

IMG_0632.jpg

I want to give a public THANK YOU to everyone who had a hand in this rifle coming together. Especially APA! Thanks Mark, Darlene, Jered, Jason, and Chad for the great quality work and the even better customer service!

Re: My Rifle is Finally Finished!!! Pics..

Thats awesome man. Just get out there and keep shooting! I guess you werent doing load testing today? Can you reload? That would help out even more on already good looking groups!

Nice stick - it's refreshing to see what the finished rifle is capable of in addition to the usual "check out my safe queen" photos, lol.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jawa</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thats awesome man. Just get out there and keep shooting! I guess you werent doing load testing today? Can you reload? That would help out even more on already good looking groups! </div></div>

I havent got into reloading yet, but its def on my to do list
wink.gif
I was shooting Corbon 175gr and SW Ammo 175gr.

Sweet! Looks like APA hooked you up really well. I was at my local gunshop today and had the opportunity to fondle their AR-15 billet lower. What a nice design. It's obvious they really dedicate themselves to producing great products and outstanding service, just like they did with your rifle. Congrats!

Beautiful stick and thanks for the pics. Old Lodge Armory is building something very similar for me, on a 22" barrel. I went with a threaded barrel to take a new Thunderbeast 30P-1 I ordered with a Hide GB discount from Ray. I am debating the bolt knob upgrade for the standard Remy 700 Short action. Do you have a suggestion for the bolt knob? Can't you find a better magazine? (Has anyone seen a performance difference between 5 and 10 round mags?)I also have the NF F1, but I also bought the new SS 5-20 x 50 on the Group Buy, so I'll be able to do a side by side comparison.
Enjoy!

That is a sweet rifle. If you mag rattles I've seen people put a strip of velcro on the inside of the DBM to stop it from rattling and make a snug fit. This could help your problem.

Love it, Great setup I really like the color choice on the stock. great looking stick

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pink(MiST)</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That is a sweet rifle. If you mag rattles I've seen people put a strip of velcro on the inside of the DBM to stop it from rattling and make a snug fit. This could help your problem. </div></div>

Great idea!!

Nice rifle and very nice shooting.

Thanks everyone. And yea Im spoiled. I was watching some of the other people on the range shooting and I was just thinking to myself how Ill never shoot a stock rifle again. Ive really been missing out!

that is one sexy rifle - congrats on the new child - feed it well.

Nice looking rifle Manimal!

seeing all these beautiful rifles has literally put me into the dog house with the wife...

she keeps on asking me "what is her name?" and i look and say "huh" if she only knew it was a rifle

Nice Rifle can't wait for mine

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AnthonyL</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Very nice, what is the Gunkote color? </div></div>

I'm not sure what's the exact color is. I sent the stock to APA and they came up with a mixture with what we thought would look best. And they did a great job.

looks great!

Very nice rifle, love the marbl on the A-4.