• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Photos My Robinson XCR and Bushmaster ACR

Gildoom

Alex Rogan Starshipgunner
Minuteman
Feb 7, 2009
Lake Havasu City, AZ
I like both of these quite a bit, I haven't tried the trijicon on the XCR yet. That trijicon is one neat sight system, its the USMC version with 16" barrel sight.

The Bushmaster wins every thing I own, minus a bolt rifle or two, for ease of cleaning, holy cow is that nice being able to pull the barrel to clean!

I put that other stock on the XCR to keep my head back more.

Re: My Robinson XCR and Bushmaster ACR

omg i was shopping thinking oh hey those xcr are nice lookin rifles... omg 1600 bucks for one whoa

Not so bad if it comes out of box with a collapsible stock and a rail system...what does a bone stock AR run for, versus one in a similar configuration? (Gas piston too)

I was looking at the ACR as well and thought they were very pricey, if they were in the $1200- 1500 range they would sell more for sure.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: FarmBoy28</div><div class="ubbcode-body">dang really! ! !

i have a kidney i can sell. anyone? ? ? </div></div>

what blood type? wait you said kidney. nevermind I will need a liver my bad.

So is the ACR a lot better than the XCR? I'm gonna buy one or the other at some point and of course I'd like to spend less money.
laugh.gif

I think the ACR is amazing, if I had only one option for a rifle I think it would be my choice. Due to mostly the ease of cleaning, and how simple it is to take apart. Be ye warned, the trigger is not anything to brag about for accuracy, its a combat trigger.

You should try one out, its really neat.

The XCR wins hands down for me. My local dealer is just under $1800 with Troy micro sights, rail covers and folding Magpul stock. The trigger is superior, the charging handle is much easier to grasp, and the rifle is absolutely cave man simple, ie; fewer small parts. It does require a 1/4" allen wrench to change out the barrel but I just don't see that being necessary in the field.

The basic model ACR is $2250 with a standard AR-15 trigger. It does not have an adjustable folding stock, the charging handle is too far forward and is not as easy to grasp. You're stuck with the pistol grip it comes with if you're one of those guys who likes to change the pistol grip to your favorite style of grip. It does have lots of sex appeal but it's kind of heavy for a rifle with so much plastic in it.

For the difference in the price the XCR wins in every category, at least for me.