• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My Ruger Precision Rifle.

hlee

Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Jul 14, 2012
    TX
    I purchased a RPR in 6.5 Creedmoor recently and added a Vortex Razor HD 5-20x50 scope with an ERB-2c reticle in Vortex 35 mm rings. I finally got it out to the range today and below are the first 9 shots out of the rifle. The first 3 (along the left edge of the paper) I didn't find until after the 3rd was shot and I had moved over to the higher power spotting scope. The 4th was a SWAG at a windage correction based on the first 3. The last 5 were using the 5 mil holdover after a subtle windage correction. The next 11 shots were at 300 yards where it was easily holding 1 MOA vertical spread, although my wind-calls spread the horizontal to just a bit better than 2MOA. I put 20 down range at a 10" plate at 400y before calling it for the day.

Given the "zero" at 100y, it took 1.6 mil to 300y and 2.5 mil to 400y.

I left the house without a set of allen keys so I had to use the holdovers instead of dialing the zero. The rifle was shooting 5 mil high- relative to the center of the reticle- at 100y, but I didn't have the tools to adjust it. (The zero stop was adjusted such that I only had about 0.5 mil of "down" adjustment".) This is the danger of not reading the scope manual before speeding to the range. Even using the 5 mil hash, I think this is a pretty good start. I'll need to go back to the range to reconfirm the zero after monkeying with the adjustment and zero stop. Oh well, I could have been in meetings all day...

One more thing, because of not being able to adjust the elevation of the scope, I kept the magnification dialed to a reasonable 10-12x.

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/i.imgur.com\/Iw5uwpn.jpg"}[/IMG2]
    [IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/i.imgur.com\/t9TDPIQ.jpg"}[/IMG2]

Awesome looking rifle man!!!!! I was seriously in the market for one of these till I got biten by the 6.5 SAUM bug and am no working towards one of those.

Scott

Does the gen 2 RPR not have Allen key in the bolt anymore? If it does, it’s the same size as the scope caps.