• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos My Russian Dragunov SVD'd TIGR w/ 1pn51 nightscope

Pvt.Joker

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 1, 2010
Here's another little ongoing project of mine that's getting near to finished. It's a Russian TIGR that has been changed over to SVD configuration (with the exception of the 24" barrel, which is next to impossible to find here in the US for sale, so mine still has the original 20" barrel) and a working 1pn51 second generation Soviet nightscope.

The irony is that back in 1994, I actually bought one of the 100 original Russian SVD Dragunovs that KBI imported. But like an idiot, I sold it 6 months later. So this is essentially recreating what I had then, but without the KBI markings. The moral of the story is, NEVER sell a rare gun if you have one you love, figuring that you can always just buy another one like it later. It's not always that easy to do.

Re: My Russian Dragunov SVD'd TIGR w/ 1pn51 nightscope

That is a really nice looking rifle. I have always wanted one but every time I got close I talked myself out of it because I thought it was too much. And, if I found one later I could always get one. Of course I never found one again.

i had one to and sold mine mine was either 5 or 10 wish i kept it now.

How's that scope work for you?

Id love to see some how it groups for you!!
got any target pics?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: srv656s</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How's that scope work for you? </div></div>

SRV656s, I'm presuming you mean the night scope and not the PSO-1, right?
(I'll try and add a picture taken through my scope at the field two houses over)
It's nothing like modern NV technology, of course. But compared to its NATO counterparts of its day, it is effective for what it is made to do.

Very nice! I have a very similar setup (minus the Nightvision). One of the buys I made that turned out to be a very good one. Congrats to you on such a nice piece. Although I hate to hear about you owning an actual SVD and regretting selling it. That's the way it is sometimes though...

Hope to own 1 one day. How much did you pick it up for if you dont mind me asking.

Don't mind at all. I got the original TIGR for about $2400, but then added all the SVD parts a bit here and a bit there. The 1pn51 I got from a local gun show at a good price, because the guy selling it had no idea if it worked or not, and where to find the batteries for it (it does, and I did). I am trying to come up with an original length barrel for it, and at that point it will be finished as an SVD-spec rifle.