• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

My Savage TR 22lr

Whiteknuckle

Private
Minuteman
Hello all, I have lurked here for a while and finally registered..
I purchased a TR a few weeks ago and have been working on bedding it and performing a few other accuracy and cosmetic enhancements. Here are a few pics.
2011-04-17_17-34-36_814.jpg

2011-04-18_14-37-32_919.jpg

2011-04-15_08-04-34_734.jpg

Both of the target are 5 shots at 50yards from muzzle with wolf match extra match shooting prone. Please let me know your thoughs on the accuracy so far as I dont know what to expect.. I hope to stretch it out to at least 200yards tomorrow weather permiting.

J.Weber

Re: My Savage TR 22lr

Thats about as good as anyone could ever hope to shoot short of bench-rest hysteria.

Well played.

Thats good I did not know what to expect. It took quite a bit to get it shooting like this. Can you believe the barrel was not crowned whenI received it.. There was a machining bur and bullets were nose diving straight into the ground at about 15 yards in front of the muzzle.

Great shooting!! Check your tourque and record and play with a little and see if it gets better or worse. My rifle shoots tight but as the barrel warm up it seems to consistently shoot left a little. I believe it is going to be corrected with the thicker metal and allow me to tune it better.
Good luck!

I believe he stated he was using Wolf Match Extra. I always find those to be really hard to hold onto, they are very slippery to me.

I use the Wolf Match Target in my TR and I just can't see any difference in it and the Match Extra, maybe it's just me. Yes it is slippery but I don't think that affects anything except for keeping the bore cleaner.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Whiteknuckle</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes I am running Wolf Match Extra ans yes it is very slippery..

The glass is a <span style="font-weight: bold">Nightforce NXS 8-32x56 I had it laying around</span> and figured it would ride well on this rifle..

J.Weber </div></div>

:| Hope you're being facetious...

i saw something like this at a Dick's sporting Goods. but with tan stock. how long are the barrels on these? very nice 22lr!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RFtinkerer</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Whiteknuckle</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes I am running Wolf Match Extra ans yes it is very slippery..

The glass is a <span style="font-weight: bold">Nightforce NXS 8-32x56 I had it laying around</span> and figured it would ride well on this rifle..

J.Weber </div></div>

:| Hope you're being facetious... </div></div>

Not being facetious at all, I did just have it laying around..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Whiteknuckle</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RFtinkerer</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Whiteknuckle</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes I am running Wolf Match Extra ans yes it is very slippery..

J.Weber </div></div>

:| Hope you're being facetious... </div></div>

Not being facetious at all, I did just have it laying around.. </div></div>

Then I hate you.
laugh.gif
j/k

Agree with RFtinkerer; wish I just had a really sweet Night Force laying around to put on a 22. But the SS really is sweet on my TR.

You wouldn't have a nice Night Force good for F Class shooting that you would trade for a like brand new Leupold Mark 4 M3 with some extra elevation dials would you?

Leupolds are definitely not my thing anymore either, I've been trying to get an elevation dial for M118 LR for over 3 months and they send me something wrong everytime. The scope is great but their customer service has a lot of problems as far as I'm concerned.

Wow, that is one hell of a scope for a .22! Wish I had one laying around...or just to have one at all! I finally got to look through them today at the NRA convention and now understand the excitement about them!