• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My Son’s First PRS Rifle w/ Pics

KrazyKowboy

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 17, 2019
South Dakota
My 8 year old shot his first match (with a lot of help obviously) a couple weeks ago and loved it. He is not very passionate about organized traditional sports but has always loved going shooting with Dad. Today we cut down his stock to his length of pull and started setting up his own rifle…

MDT Field Stock w/ 1” cut off the butt
Impact 737r
26” .900 straight in 6 BRA
TT special two-stage
Razor Gen II
Area 419 Hellfire
DST Da’Rail Arca Rail

Thought you all might appreciate it!

Attachments

• IMG_4756.jpeg
    IMG_4756.jpeg
    610.9 KB · Views: 182
  • IMG_4757.jpeg
    IMG_4757.jpeg
    512.6 KB · Views: 184
Heck ya dad. My youngest was about the same age when I started him shooting. It was pretty much the only time he’d calm down and listen and obey every piece of direction given. I still go back and watch the videos from those days. He’s 19 now and a great young man that grew out of the younger, hyper days without prescription downers. He still likes to go to the range from time to time but pussy has become like a tractor beam of course. Shootin, but different. Anyways, enjoy these times and be proud of both of you for getting him involved in something he enjoys so young.

Reactions: KrazyKowboy
Nice work. I got my son a CZ Scout at about that age. Now the rifles I put together for him are nicer than mine. LOL.

Reactions: KrazyKowboy
Didn’t build this one specific for my son but he loves shooting it and plenty of adjustments to fit him. We were shooting steel at the family ranch around 400 yards.

Tikka 16” 223ai. Kinda sad, sold the rifle today. But little man is getting an origin with 23” 223ai barrel so it’s not all bad.

Attachments

• 197aa1cd-a5ab-4a4d-9888-a2731a903ce3.jpeg
    197aa1cd-a5ab-4a4d-9888-a2731a903ce3.jpeg
    439.4 KB · Views: 46
Didn’t build this one specific for my son but he loves shooting it and plenty of adjustments to fit him. We were shooting steel at the family ranch around 400 yards.

Tikka 16” 223ai. Kinda sad, sold the rifle today. But little man is getting an origin with 23” 223ai barrel so it’s not all bad.
Heck yea!

I like it! I'm doing something similar for my nephew at the moment as my brother is a broke ass mofo. What rail you have on there?

The best moments in my life, are the ones i spent with my Son, especially at the range. But any moment honestly.

He is turning 16 this month (in 2 weeks). He likes shooting a lot, grew up around me shooting. I did not start him with small calibers, he did well with 223 for a while, and now, he is 6.1" and 185 lbs, he handles everything i do.

Great job OP. Cherish these moments they slip too fast.

The best moments in my life, are the ones i spent with my Son, especially at the range. But any moment honestly.

He is turning 16 this month (in 2 weeks). He likes shooting a lot, grew up around me shooting. I did not start him with small calibers, he did well with 223 for a while, and now, he is 6.1" and 185 lbs, he handles everything i do.

Great job OP. Cherish these moments they slip too fast.
I appreciate that man!

Heck ya dad. My youngest was about the same age when I started him shooting. It was pretty much the only time he’d calm down and listen and obey every piece of direction given. I still go back and watch the videos from those days. He’s 19 now and a great young man that grew out of the younger, hyper days without prescription downers. He still likes to go to the range from time to time but pussy has become like a tractor beam of course. Shootin, but different. Anyways, enjoy these times and be proud of both of you for getting him involved in something he enjoys so young.
Thank you! I’m sure my day is coming when I’m not the coolest thing on the planet but I’m going to ride the wave as long as I can.