• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My SPS tactical build.. (pics)

-R-

Tactical as F***
Minuteman
Mar 5, 2014
CA
Updated pics in post #8

Range report in post #14

So, I found an SPS tactical for a price I couldnt pass up. Over the past 6 weeks i've been getting parts together for this build.

Heading to the gunsmith tomorrow to have the barrel threaded/brake blended, bolt knob installed and stock inletted for DBM. I'll update some pics tomorrow evening when I get it all put together and of course a range report to follow.

Down the line I plan on re-barreling and geting the action done, not decided on the caliber yet, but in the meantime im just going to shoot the crap out of it. :cool:

Parts List.

Rem700 SPS tactical (.308)
Vortex PST (FFP 4-16 MRAD)
McMillan A5 in McMillan camo
PTG stealth DBM (M5)
NF 20moa base
Leupold MK4 rings
Timney 517
Badger Thruster brake
Badger mini knob
Harris-s
Triad modular pack (multicam)

l7r9Qif.png

sDbr8Av.png

u388jcw.png

as9LoBS.png

Last edited:
Nice! I have an SPS that I really like. That is going to be a very good looking gun.

Appreciate it. It should be a fun little gun, and I tried to keep it semi budget minded. Cant wait to get it together and stretch its legs.

Can't wait for the pictures of the finished product and to see some groupings!

Can't wait for the pictures of the finished product and to see some groupings!

Should have it back together by tomorrow night, and a range trip this week. Probably going to use some uber-tactical rustoleum rattle can on the barreled action. FDE or OD, havent decided yet.

Should have it back together by tomorrow night, and a range trip this week. Probably going to use some uber-tactical rustoleum rattle can on the barreled action. FDE or OD, havent decided yet.

Very nice man. Can't wait for the pics!

Got her all put together.

A few pics getting the brake installed/blended, and the bolt knob install.
wKeagct.png

All put together, came out pretty nice.
1dezcG4.jpg

BgtQEbo.png

wQcUDHb.png

So far I really like it, seems like a great value. Glass is clear throughout the power range, turrets feel good, the mag ring is a little stiff but im sure it will break in.

Headed to the range later today to get it zero'd, ill have some more info/thoughts on it by then.

I have been accumulating parts for my SPS for a while. My build is very similar. I am using a Remington take-off HS Precision stock, same bottom metal as yours, and a Millett TRS scope.

You'll enjoy it, mine shot sub 1/2 MOA out of the box with cheap ball ammo. That was before the stock change and trigger work.

Went out to the range today to get her sighted in. Shot some Federal Gold Medal match 175grain and Norma Match 168grain.

Lightened up the pull on the timney a bit, its sitting right around 1.75-2lbs, feels great. Im also impressed with the vortex scope, clear glass, turrets feel very positive and I plan on doing a tracking test in the near future as well. For the price Im very happy with it.

Going to head out to BLM land this weekend to stretch it out and shoot some steel.

This was my best group at 100 (on the bench, bipod, with a rear bag), but most of my groups were around the 3/4 MOA range or better (aside from a couple groups when I pulled a flyer, oops). Not bad for a brand new gun and factory barrel if you ask me.

6DN4xlk.jpg

Last edited: