• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My Steryr AUG

Eric B.

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 6, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
I have a Steyr AUG and think it's one of the top 3 or 4 assault rifle designs (IMHO). But then I'm biased because I like bullpup designs, like the Desert Tactical Arms Stealth Recon Scout bolt rifle, for example.

Any opinions on that rifle (based on your experience with it)?

Re: My Steryr AUG

I've shot the AUG and owned the MSAR. I liked the MSAR! In fact I think it's my favorite semi auto carbine. My AR is twice as accurate but I prefer the bullpup design and the short stroke gas system. For up close and personal,the MSAR in 6.8 would be a my ultimate choice for critical defense.

I own an MSAR and really like it. The Aug design is one of my favorites.

However, MSAR is no more, so with no ability to get spare parts I worry about using it too much. Some day something will fail and then what?

I've got two A1's. Standard AUG-SA-P and an SR build. These puppies run and run. Do yourself a favor and get a trigger tamer. If you can, buy ten for the discount and sell the others on the boards at the deal price plus shipping, it's worth your time. I opted out of all the other tuning they recommend as I was content with the drop in pull weight.

Save your stock and put a 2" x .5" piece of sticky back loop velcro behind the ejection port.

Shoot that germanic marvel!

I had an AUG A3 for a while and it was a great little gun. Reliable, compact and accurate. Reasons I sold it were how shitty I was at trying to change mags and how shitty the trigger was. The biggest deal breaker however was that they did not include the original forend rail, I still can't figure out how you're supposed to properly grip an AUG besides broomsticking it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GoWyo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Shoot that germanic marvel!</div></div>

It's Austrian.

Also, I'd like to point out that the last time someone thought Austria was German, World War II happened!

I reluctantly sold my A3 recently to facilitate a NFA purchase. I had no problems
during the 500 or so rounds fired, even got used to the stiff trigger. Ratworx
has a 20/20 trigger that I've heard is great.
If you can't have a SBR it' the next best thing plus the easy cleanup.

I had an A1 and now have an A3 Great guns. Sold every AR I had
After I got an AUG. Get used to the trigger and you are GTG.
A joy to clean. I would however only recommend a Steyr.