• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

My Surgeon Remedy is almost finished...

whytlotus

Private
Minuteman
Dec 6, 2008
Waukesha, WI
Got a call from Surgeon yesterday, that my Remedy in 338LM should be finished in 2 weeks. Ordered in early January and was told probably May or June. So the call was a pleasant surprise.

I hope to get one next year as a retirement gift to myself. Which glass have you chosen?

Sold my AI AX338 to put an order on a Surgeon Short Action Scalpel in 6.5CM with a J.Allen Stock. Can't wait to get the call when its ready to ship.

I originally ordered the olive drab AI AX stock, but when they called recently they said AI doesn't make that color for the XL action. Only dark earth and black....mine will be a black rifle.

Remedy

I have had the opportunity to own some great custom rifles over the past few years, and in February I found a Remedy in 300 Norma Mag in Oklahoma. Last month I began load development and some OCW loading. Every time I shoot it I'm surprised at the accuracy, doesn't seem to matter what powder, have been shooting H1000, Retumbo, and H50BMG. The first day I shot the rifle, I was pressure testing with H1000 at 100 yards, the rifle shot 10 rounds in to a 1/2" group with all different charge weights, from 76 grains to 86 grains, Well I was pretty hooked after seeing that, Testing with H50-BMG at 200 yards and the group size has increased to about 3/8" center to center .Have not messed with OA length yet at all, shooting .055 off the lands. Best shooting rifle I have ever owned. The photo shows it with a Nightforce scope that was not part of the purchase, I put a USO 3-17 on it as its doing just fine. The folks at Surgeon have always been the best to to deal with! Very straight forward and always have the time to answer any questions. All the best with your rifles this spring. Look forward to seeing what it can do at longer distances as soon as the snow goes away.

Attachments

• DSCN2100 - Edited.jpg
    DSCN2100 - Edited.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 14
  • pix834798263.jpg
    pix834798263.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 15
Last edited: