• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My Tac Ops X-Ray 51! Range Update 5-13-10

Re: My Tac Ops X-Ray 51! 5-10-10

Tell Rescigno his shooting skills are slipping. He usually shoots under .1" on the cardboard targets.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: palmik</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tell Rescigno his shooting skills are slipping. He usually shoots under .1" on the cardboard targets. </div></div>

Take it easy on Mike. At his age he is lucky to see the target with those old eyes of his.
grin.gif

It's all the caffine he consumes in the AM, by 1200 hrs......he's all bugged eyed
crazy.gif
crazy.gif
crazy.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tell Rescigno his shooting skills are slipping. He usually shoots under .1" on the cardboard targets.</div></div>

Mike P. your killing me LOL

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Take it easy on Mike. At his age he is lucky to see the target with those old eyes of his.</div></div>

Hey John age is only a number bro
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's all the caffine he consumes in the AM, by 1200 hrs......he's all bugged eyed</div></div>

Roscoe I am nothing with out my coffee. Shit you know how is no coffee 1/2 moa builds, coffee 1/4 moa or better
wink.gif
Someone needs to send me a StarBucks card asap I am getting low on mine LMAO

<span style="font-weight: bold">Mike
Tac Ops</span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Black Ops</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Take it easy on Mike. At his age he is lucky to see the target with those old eyes of his.</div></div>

Hey John age is only a number bro
wink.gif

</div></div>

Sorry man it was just there and I couldnt resist myself.

I am only a couple years behind you buddy. They say your eyes are the second thing to go. I can't remember what the first is.
wink.gif

Re: My Tac Ops X-Ray 51! Range Update 5-13-10

Well today we got released at 1500 so i decided to take a little bit of time and see how i could do with this fantastic rifle! Now i gotta say im by no means an expert shot and i wanted to see where i stand as far as shooting goes and i think its a fair starting point for me. I was a bit unsure of how the rifle would react as its been a long while since ive fired anything over 5.56mm.

It was about 88 degrees with a 3-5mph wind and very sunny here in El Paso today where i fired at a 100yd distance. By the time i had got to the range i only had about 45 mins to play so i decided to only throw 18rds down range.

Range001-1.jpg

Range004-1.jpg

Range003-1.jpg

Now as shitty as i think i did i figured id still post all the groups i fired as no one is perfect.. especially me!

Range009-1.jpg

This group i wasnt sure what to expect and as you can see its not all that. I was also not pulling through on my shots, instead like an idiot i was releasing the trigger immidately, and playing with the proper cheek weld.

Range010-1.jpg

Pretty much the same as above.

Range015.jpg

The third group i was able to calm down and remembered to follow through on the trigger squeeze, as you can see a nice improvement. Just need to work on more consistant breathing.

Range012.jpg

I managed to screw the first round with a jerk before i pulled the trigger.

Range013.jpg

Things went a bit better and the group was smaller.

Range014.jpg

And the last group of the day was my best, overall i know im not the best shot but the smaller groups i was proud of and with time im sure the groups will get smaller and smaller.

The rifle really is a blast to shoot. The recoil on the rifle is about that of my AR-15 if not less, it definately feels less violent than the AR. The trigger is very smooth and crisp approx 2.5lbs with zero creep. The action operates nice and smooth. Overall im very glad i bought this rifle and definately plan on pushing it out to 1k as i am fortunate enough to have a 1kyd range near buy. The wait and cost was well worth every bit of this magnificant rifle!

Psycho, what loads were you using? FGMM 168's?

Pretty good groups. Thanks for not cherry picking!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Carter Mayfield</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Psycho, what loads were you using? FGMM 168's?

Pretty good groups. Thanks for not cherry picking! </div></div>
Yeah all these groups were from 168gr fgmm. Mike said not to try handloads just yet until i get a couple factory rounds down range.

Hey Chris, Congratulations and welcome to the club
smile.gif

That is truly an amazing looking rifle! I am no longer surprised at the quality of TacOps because that is par for the course, nothing leaves the shop unless it is impeccable and it always is!

Good shooting by the way, those groups will shrink and shrink and all your groups will look like that test target and better!

I was with Chris on Saturday when he put a few more rounds down range. I, by no means, am an expert in LR Shooting (this is why I joined the hide.) I acted as his spotter and can say the groups this TacOps was producing was awe inspiring. There were 10 other rifles firing on the line at the time and the only way I knew Chris had pulled the trigger was a new hole appeared in the target. He was even nice enough to let me get behind it and put three rounds down range. Someday when someone needs a kidney or I hit the lottery, I will purchase a TacOps. Hands down, this rifle is a work of ART. I look forward to spotting for him when he starts pushing it to some distance ranges!!

I need to get my hands on one of these......

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Carter Mayfield</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Psycho, what loads were you using? FGMM 168's?

Pretty good groups. Thanks for not cherry picking! </div></div>

As far as the cherry picking goes im not perfect and i dont claim to be so i give what i did... good or bad and see what comes of it!

Chris - it takes a lot to put actual results out there. On the Internet, most people shoot quarter MOA groups all day long... by doing it once and posting the same tired group again and again and again. I like to post a 5 X 5 to show what I am getting. Of course, I cherry pick the 5 X 5, but it is tough to get lucky on 25 shots. It is easy enough to get lucky on 3.

With some more time behind the rifle, I think you are going to get those groups down to be like the test target. My plan is to dry fire 1,000 times before I take my first live fire shot... that is my plan at least, we will see how it actually works out. It is tough to sit on your hands when you are in possession of a beauty like that.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Carter Mayfield</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Chris - it takes a lot to put actual results out there. On the Internet, most people shoot quarter MOA groups all day long... by doing it once and posting the same tired group again and again and again. I like to post a 5 X 5 to show what I am getting. Of course, I cherry pick the 5 X 5, but it is tough to get lucky on 25 shots. It is easy enough to get lucky on 3.

With some more time behind the rifle, I think you are going to get those groups down to be like the test target. My plan is to dry fire 1,000 times before I take my first live fire shot... that is my plan at least, we will see how it actually works out. It is tough to sit on your hands when you are in possession of a beauty like that. </div></div>

My fear is by dry firing the rifle ill mess it up some way, but im sure thats just some fake fear of mine. I know with practice ill get better but that all comes with time, something i wish i had more of!

You will not damage a centerfire with dry fire... even if you could, replace the firing pin.

In a rimfire, repeated dry firing can peen a chamber. In a stainless steel barrel, the barrel tends to be harder than the firing pin, so it is questionable as to whether a match rimfire could be damaged through dry fire, but better safe than sorry.

Dry fire truly helps improve marksmanship fundamentals. More importantly, it will get you used to your trigger, which I believe is why a lot of folks get better at shooting their Tac Ops over time.

Dry fire will also save time. No trip to the range, no checking in, no hanging and taking down your target, no waiting through cease fires. In 20 - 30 minutes, you can dry fire 50 times before going to bed at night. In a week, you can easily get in 250+ trigger pulls without thinking about it. Live fire is an expensive and time-consuming way to learn your trigger. (more fun, yes, but expensive and time-consuming)

Well thanks much for the info, time to get down and get that muscle memory going better!

Nice! You are a better man than I. I am guilty of posting my "cherry picked" groups. I am waiting on 2 rifles from TacOps. I have a Tango 51 and a Lima 51 that should be here shortly.

Hopefully I won't have to "cherry pick" when I get them
laugh.gif

I just try to go off leaning more from your failures then your successes.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bettyw7679</div><div class="ubbcode-body">it very nice.I hope other members would love to share their great photos

</div></div>
TROLL ALERT, BAN HIM!