• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My Take Down I got before the madness

rubiconscott

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
IMG_9600.jpg

IMG_9598.jpg

Nikon P-223 3x32
warne qd rings
tacsol 20moa base
VQ triger kit
Kidd 3 spring charging handle thingy
VQ extractor
bolt release mod
tacsol mag release
SW precision cheek rest
100 foot 550 cord sling

I love this thing. It's a blast to shoot. I don't shoot it very often now that the panic patrol has snatched up all of the ammo...

Re: My Take Down I got before the madness

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DFOOSKING</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Cool sling...if/when my Gap built Sako Quad ever arrives...I'd dig having one.

Did you make yours? </div></div>

Thats the Ruger Backpack take down rifle.

I made the sling. I make most of my slings and straps out of 550 cord.

Nice lookin' shooters!! I too very much like the paracord sling! Thanks for sharing the link!

-G45

I would like one of those slings as well, very cool.

I bought a couple 10/22's like 12-23 or so, right after the panic started. Just happened to walk into a LGS as he received a shipment from Ruger. Had 10/22's of all kinds. Including a limited edition Zombie Stopper (Which included a cool green/grey striped wood stock, and a BX-25) and a Takedown.

I have taken the stock and barrel and bolt from the Zombie stopper and put them away. Replaced the barrel and bolt with Kidd parts and am waiting on a custom stock.

My Takedown is mostly stock, with a couple action parts and a set of Tech sites. It is a freaking ball to shoot. But I need to add a cheek riser (Or replace the stock if ever anything good is released to replace the factory takedown stock) because my kids have a hard time getting a good cheek weld.

What exactly did you use to add the riser on yours? I need to figure something out.

Got one of the first in my area while on R&R and I plan on leaving it as it came. Hell of a great pack rifle and that is as I intend to use it. I did make a much much smaller pack for it though along the lines of the old breakdown shotgun scabbards from back in the day. Much smaller than the one that came with it and I can fit it down the side of a back pack.

RE: the adjustable comb
I got it from South West precision in AZ
I had to trim the bolts once installed. It is a solid piece, no problems so far

If you don't mind, what length did you have the sling made?? Trying to figure out a length for one for myself. Thanks

I'll pick mine up this week end.
Now if Hogue could make a take down stock and Kidd some barrels for the ruger TD.