• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My take on where we are right now (opinion)

Greg Langelius *

Resident Elder Fart
Minuteman
Aug 10, 2001
AZ
Without lending credence either way, the concept of a civil war keeps being brought up in many contexts. One of them is that it might be a "second" civil war.

Nope, the first civil war was the Revolutionary war. We were one British people who fought a war over our differences; back then, and again in the 1860's.

We won our war, the South did not fare so well in theirs. They saw the revolution as the victory of a determined underdog against the world's strongest power, and said they could do the same. Unfortunately for them, not so.

Any subsequent civil war would be our third. So, civil war is not truly such an impossible thing.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The concept of a Second Amendment Sanctuary municipality simply gives credence to Immigration Violator Sanctuary cities. Both creatures are simply the artificial constructs of those who accept that politics is a solution to a basically existential question.

The problems we have today are the logical consequences of trying to solve non-political problems with political artifices. Politics is not only not the answer to many problems, it is not the answer to most of them.

There used to be an educational profession that strove to impart tradition, individual freedoms and their consequent responsibilities, and general decency toward all folks, not just your favorite folks. It was trod under the juggernaut of political correctness.

Political correctness is itself simply too politically correct, and is a direct offshoot of the way of the lazy, who try to force society into devolving individual responsibility onto the political system. That system was never intended for such endeavors, and fails miserably when forced into such a mold. It is a fatal mistake.

The problem with politics is that too many employ it as a means to exercise personal power to achieve personal goals, rather than the people's power to achieve the people's goals, as was intended. In their cunning wickedness, they began their power grab by enacting laws that make them immune to genuine justice. The system has failed, and has been done so not only intentionally, it has also been rendered irreparable by those same intentions. Restoring the system to prior status quo could only be pointless, since it is precisely the means by which we have arrived at this point.

Something else must be tried. I say tried, because all political systems are experiments, and when evil is permitted to participate in the political process, it fails. This is unavoidable, and to the intellectually honest, unavoidable. Democracy is yet another failed experiment; failed because evil was not prohibited from participating. We need another experiment, and this time, not such a grand one. Grand experiments are doomed to failure, because the world is not a grand one, it is a real one.

What to try? If pressed, I suggest a reading of Heinlein's Starship Trooper. In his words, from his book, and not the glossy contraction that formed the basis of the motion picture. The book does not stand alone, it has a living, functioning following.

For those who respect the rule of law, I applaud your credence in such things.

For those who want to see the current morass resolved, I suggest that when the laws flout genuine justice, they become the chains of tyranny; which is precisely that which our forebears threw off in the 1770's and 1780's.

That's an opinion...

Greg

Reactions: WaltHer and DIBBS
The concept of sanctuary city or county is nullification at its purest.
An unjust is no law and you have a duty to ignore said law.

I'd like to agree, but nullification cuts both ways, and I suspect the nullificators with the biggest chance of success would be the ones with the bigger battalions.

I'm wondering what mechanisms these sanctuaries are counting upon to enforce their point. Are they actually committed to print anywhere?

I'd dearly love to read them.

Meanwhile, we need to get bigger...

Greg

I don’t think we will ever have a hot civil war. It will be regional at best and isolated at worst. Just look at Ruby Ridge, Waco, Bundy ranch.

Too many will just roll over, NRA is proof.

Reactions: Aries256
I don’t remember very many people actively talking about Waco, Ruby Ridge, or even that many people upset about Bundy Ranch except for hardcore Patriots. NOW there are a whole bunch of people talking about the way things are, and especially about BS like Virginia is threatening.

The leftists have pushed things too far - and have finally managed to frighten some of the sheeples too. The left lost their collective minds over the Trump win, and now they want to inflict real damage upon anybody that doesn’t follow their agenda. And NOW the talk amongst people is a lot more direct and belligerent on both sides of the aisle.

Violent and physical clashes will become more frequent. Soon it will turn deadly on a much larger scale. Knowing how spun-up most of the population is already, that will be just adding fuel to the fire. And burn it will.

There won’t ever be a bit civil war for many reasons, but those in charge won’t allow it. It would hurt them too much. If it ever went hot you’d have tons of innocent people dead in a matter of two weeks or less. Think about it, they lose control you might possibly lose power, transportation, comms, food, drugs and so on. The economy would be crippled over night and anyone relying on such things would be dead in the water if they didn’t have plans in place. I suspect that 90% of the people out there don’t. I’ve got a friend of mine that is a hardcore patriot but he would be having issues in a matter of months because his bp script would run out. Dieting changes and exercise has not helped him in any way and never will. He can’t stock up because the docs won’t write him a script for longer than 3 months. You could extrapolate this to all kinds of small ailments that would eventually take out lots of people, add in the fact that most rely on tech for comms and food and so on then yeah you would essentially not have to do anything to kill off lots of people aside hitting/controlling a few main areas. Anyone trying to hold such areas would probably be dealt with quickly by those up top because the optics look bad and innocent people dying and the whole economy thing costing them money. You see they want to pit people against each other just enough to keep from having coordinated efforts. I assure you they don’t want a hot war on home soil.

PS, half the people that call themselves patriots probably couldn’t run a mile without killing over. Something to think about.

The reason our system is failing is because the checks and balances are not working anymore. Main reason is because the biggest "check" we used to have to keep corrupt politicians/government in line was the MSM and now is just as corrupt and has taken a political side. Also I believe 75% or more of the politicians all have dirt on each other that is why nobody really gets indicted or goes to prison for the same shit we peasants would be under the jail for.

They've NEVER wanted to recognize the militia. Ever. It's their #1 argument as to why the 2nd doesn't cover firearms for citizens.

The real irony is that, with the sanctuary counties/cities, they're going to meet the militia that they swear doesn't exist.

And its all their doing.

There won’t ever be a bit civil war for many reasons, but those in charge won’t allow it. It would hurt them too much. If it ever went hot you’d have tons of innocent people dead in a matter of two weeks or less. Think about it, they lose control you might possibly lose power, transportation, comms, food, drugs and so on. The economy would be crippled over night and anyone relying on such things would be dead in the water if they didn’t have plans in place. I suspect that 90% of the people out there don’t. I’ve got a friend of mine that is a hardcore patriot but he would be having issues in a matter of months because his bp script would run out. Dieting changes and exercise has not helped him in any way and never will. He can’t stock up because the docs won’t write him a script for longer than 3 months. You could extrapolate this to all kinds of small ailments that would eventually take out lots of people, add in the fact that most rely on tech for comms and food and so on then yeah you would essentially not have to do anything to kill off lots of people aside hitting/controlling a few main areas. Anyone trying to hold such areas would probably be dealt with quickly by those up top because the optics look bad and innocent people dying and the whole economy thing costing them money. You see they want to pit people against each other just enough to keep from having coordinated efforts. I assure you they don’t want a hot war on home soil.

PS, half the people that call themselves patriots probably couldn’t run a mile without killing over. Something to think about.

I think it's a reasonable presumption that if an actual civil war were to kick off in the US, even a relatively low intensity one, it would result in the death of millions, maybe 10s of millions. Not from fighting in the civil war but due to thirst, starvation, disease, and predation by other hungry people or opportunist criminals. The systems that keeps our modern life afloat seems very fragile indeed. But I don't share your first presumption, that it won't ever happen because those in charge won't allow it. Who is in charge? That's not rhetorical question because despite being a political junkie I'm really not sure now. The people that presume to be in charge may not be able to stop a civil war if events get out ahead of them. Then from another angle I would say there are a great many of the people that seem to be trying to run things, the International bankers, heads of corporations, and leading technocrats of the perma or "deep" state who care nothing for the "innocent", who's interests are global not national, and who seem to have psychopathic tendencies. If these are those in charge you're betting won't allow a civil war to happen, that's not a bet I would take. They may well want a civil war even if they know their allies on the political left here will ultimately lose, just because it will take the US off the World stage for years and cripple the country for decades if it survives as a country at all.

Last edited:
Nah people are better at surviving then you think when they really have to make due. You would be surprised at how good people are at managing not to die. They might have to do things they wont like doing, but mostly they will since people are animals, and can revert to that level if necessary. Food might cost more, and be harder to get but there will always be food even if it has to be brought in from Mexico or Canada though the border wall. ? Most people overeat anyways by a significant amount. Its meaningless to talk about, because the country isn't actually controlled by the threat of forces. It really functions by having a system that is setup to make it in peoples self interest to cooperate. The only type of revolution that is conceivable right now is something like a color revolution. That is quite possible, but not the revolution most of you seem to want.

Reactions: SilentStalkr
Want and fear are two different directions.

no matter what happens politically I still like a good steak medium rare . Not sure the two are connected in any way but steak is relavent in my life politics not so much , steak taste good , smells good , and after eating feels good . Again politics not so much though they both turn in to a flamming pile of poo when Its all said and done . shit happens .

Reactions: MadDuner
World Communism has had well over a century to work out its various game plans. When it finds itself blocked, it goes underground, and comes back later at the goal from another direction with a different plan, depending heavily upon disbelief and failed memory. It never gives up, it never admits defeat. It just advances another goal for a time, makes incremental progress, then returns to its previous project. It's maybe a lot like the hydra. Failure is just another lesson along the way, and it is learned in detail.

Whatever it is, it's an existential threat to anyone not already under its thumb.

Never a civil war? Because that would be too unbearably barbaric?

They don't care. History records that millions have perished at the hands of worldwide communism; and the carnage never put a frown on their faces..., except to lament that not enough anti communists still survive.

They may work with their hands, but that's far from all the ones involved. Convenient fools get the blood on their hands, only to be eliminated when their usefulness has expired. With the current crop here in the USA, it is hard to discern whether they are the hardcore communists, or the convenient fools, but does that really matter?

It is like the hydra, like the vampire; undead, and still going strong.

Beware the predator; while it lives, it devours and replicates.

Greg

The difference in one and the other is a illegal alien sanctuary violates good law on many levels. A group of people who stand against bad law, using their constitutional rights, and moving towards ridding corruption with force of arms is indeed proper, and was proven a way to work at the county level in Athen's Tennessee. VA is indeed in a revolutionary period as we type. 44+ counties have revolted by using law of rights. We shall see if this gets hot, and we shall see if in also creates an insurgency when it does.