• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My Target stands

barnes12

Sergeant
Minuteman
Got the full size ispc target from Bobcat steel not long ago. Made the target stand out of left over pipe we use for making roll cages for race cars and hotrods. Built 2 of them and they work great. One set up at 600 yards and will be setting the second at 1000 pretty soon.
IMG_2589.jpg

IMG_2590.jpg

Re: My Target stands

Very nice. I have a couple built similar out of 1.5" square tubing. Yours is better looking

That's awesome!
I really love my Bobcat fullsize ipsc target as well.
Makes my stand made out of T-posts, bolts, and clamps look like crap.
Man I need to learn how to weld!

34i4rkg.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bmorgan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Very nice. I have a couple built similar out of 1.5" square tubing. Yours is better looking </div></div>

Here's the one I built, also out of 1.5" square tubing. I have since switched the tow straps for chains.

PICT0057.jpg

Link to Target Build Thread

Here is one that I built awhile back. It knocks down into pieces for transpotation.

IMG_2145.jpg

I use it at 600 yards.

IMG_2156.jpg

Being used....
<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WrS22wbIi_c"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WrS22wbIi_c" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

I found a cheap alternative to finding target stands. We see them at every stop sign. The political election signs that everybody uses to display their name before an election. They are large enough to put 3 8in Shoot-n-see targets out to 600yd or so. They have a light metal stand that can be pushed into the ground easily and best of all they are free. Just pick the people you don't like and shoot'em up. Lol. The only downside is they are pass thru design so you make sure that you have enough room for a berm of some sort.

Just my cheap azz two cents!

Very nice target stand and set up. Good job. Wish I knew how to weld.

I like having it break down like that for transportation, even on the smaller one target versions. Don't you find the instrumental music in the background while shooting distracting though?
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bondoscustomz1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I found a cheap alternative to finding target stands. We see them at every stop sign. The political election signs that everybody uses to display their name before an election. They are large enough to put 3 8in Shoot-n-see targets out to 600yd or so. They have a light metal stand that can be pushed into the ground easily and best of all they are free. Just pick the people you don't like and shoot'em up. Lol. The only downside is they are pass thru design so you make sure that you have enough room for a berm of some sort.

Just my cheap azz two cents! </div></div>

I think stealing election signs signs is a federal offense... So I'd suggest not doing it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CK_32</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bondoscustomz1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I found a cheap alternative to finding target stands. We see them at every stop sign. The political election signs that everybody uses to display their name before an election. They are large enough to put 3 8in Shoot-n-see targets out to 600yd or so. They have a light metal stand that can be pushed into the ground easily and best of all they are free. Just pick the people you don't like and shoot'em up. Lol. The only downside is they are pass thru design so you make sure that you have enough room for a berm of some sort.

I think stealing election signs signs is a federal offense... So I'd suggest not doing it. </div></div>

After the election it's just trash removal. It's a crime to leave them up for a certain time after the election as it counts as litering, at least it is in PA. I do the same thing, I just get every one I come across and it takes me about a year or so to shoot through them, just in time for the next crop of trash and the signs to advertise it.

We made ours out of some scrap rebar. Just heated up with the torch and put a couple bends in it. I'll snap a few pics next time I'm at my pops place.

They dont need to be pretty boys you are going to shoot the shit out of them.

Thanks for the good words, it does help having scrap tubing and other metal laying around. The pipe bender we use for the roll cages and what not sure makes it easier to do these kind of things.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bondoscustomz1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I found a cheap alternative to finding target stands. We see them at every stop sign. The political election signs that everybody uses to display their name before an election. They are large enough to put 3 8in Shoot-n-see targets out to 600yd or so. They have a light metal stand that can be pushed into the ground easily and best of all they are free. Just pick the people you don't like and shoot'em up. Lol. The only downside is they are pass thru design so you make sure that you have enough room for a berm of some sort.

And these last for a long time, I have put somewhere around 300 rounds through my local mayor and it is holding up great. The holes kind of close up, so you can use them over and over and over.

hey...nothing like those election signs (after the election)pick up the losers...they dont need them any more anyway

if you can find some of the real estate for sale signs that have metal frames...they work great...most are made of 1/2 in angle and last a long time

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sinister</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Angle iron frames and GI-type targets.

34splxe.jpg
</div></div>

Did you build those frames? or they were ordered?

I just realized I have a great frame for targets, I just need to add a few loops for chains to it, great thread!