• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My ten year old shooting run-n-gun.

vance

Private
Minuteman
Oct 27, 2009
NW Arkansas
This isn't the greatest video. It was shot with an Iphone. My ten year old son shooting his first run-n-gun competition in Huntsville AR. The long targets on the hill where from about 175 yards to 275 yards. The rifle targets you can't see are about 50 to 75 yards 4" steel swingers. The first set of handgun targets were 25 to 35 yards and the last rack was at around 15 yards. He didn't do too bad for his first time.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4rfHorU14k

Re: My ten year old shooting run-n-gun.

Great start. Opportunities like that, are what builds confidence and many other valuable attributes.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sean the Nailer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Great start. Opportunities like that, are what builds confidence and many other valuable attributes. </div></div>

Amen too that.

Sounds like fun, I would personally love to be able to compete in one of those, but I don't know where to even start.

Thanks for the kind comments guys. The pistol he was shooting is a Colt gov. model in 9mm. It shoots about 5" high and I talked him through holding low but when he started shooting he forgot about the low hold. I could see most of his misses going high. My bad. We're building him a Nighthawk gov. model 9mm all tricked out. He should get it by Christmas. He has been doing really good behind the Nighthawk .308 also shooting some sub .25 groups at 100 yards.
As far as getting into the shooting competitions all you have to do is get on the internet and look for local matches. I promise you if you go you will be able to find someone willing to help you with getting started.

PS Mckenzie is awesome!!