• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing My Ten year old's first bow kill!!!

vance

Private
Minuteman
Oct 27, 2009
NW Arkansas
I just had to post this up. My son is ten and this is his first year hunting with a compound bow and he finally got it done this weekend.
parkersfirstbowkill002.jpg

parkersfirstbowkill009.jpg

Re: My Ten year old's first bow kill!!!

Nice job! Take your kids hunting and you won't have to hunt for your kids.

BADA@#!!!! I am sure u will have a little hunter for life!! It's awesome and makes you proud to see such a youngster with such great success at a difficult sport that takes so much dedication, patience and time!!!

GREAT JOB!!!
J

Thanks for the kind words guys. He really worked hard for that little doe. Last year he said he wanted to go from the crossbow to the compound so I got him one for Christmas. He practiced hard last summer and was ready when season rolled around. He had a few misses and a few deer in close but just wouldn't give up the right shot. I was proud of him when he let a seven point walk after being in front of us for 10 minutes and never giving a good broadside or quartering away shot. He is a pretty good hunter at 10 years old. This was his 11nth deer. He has killed deer with the rifle, muzzleloader, crossbow, and even one with my .45 1911. To say I'm proud of him would be an understatement.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: blackblue</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Congrats. Where in NW Arkansasyou located? Im in siloam. </div></div>
I'm in Berryville. I work for Nighthawk Custom as a CNC machinist.

Thats so cool, I haven't been able to get it done with my bow yet! Big props to son and dad!

Cool dad and Cool New Bowhunter!! Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dude that is awesome! That is a real accomplishment for anyone yet alone a 10 year old... Give him a big pat on the back for me, he deserves it!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I just had to post this up. My son is ten and this is his first year hunting with a compound bow and he finally got it done this weekend</div></div>
Congrats! You and your son will remember this moment forever!