• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes My Tenebraex ARD Review

Raptor2000

Private
Minuteman
Nov 28, 2011
CA, USA
I just received a Tenebraex ARD for my Schmidt & Bender PMII 5-25x56 Scope. Here's a mini review:

ARD Model: Tenebraex SB5600-ARD
Color: Black
Length: 1.6" (Threaded area not measured)

Here's a couple of photos with the ARD attached to the scope:
adce4e98.jpg

The flower pedal like lips in the front interfaces with Tenebraex flip-up cover.

ebbc7a11.jpg

The biggest concern I have is whether the ARD will distort the view through my scope. Here are couple of shots taken with and without the ARD. You can judge the quality yourself.
72dae524.jpg

Scope is set at 25X. (Sorry, neighbor
whistle.gif
)
7e9ee337.jpg

This frog is about to have a very bad day
laugh.gif

It's very hard to tell if the ARD is on with naked eye. However, the captured photos through my camera show better contrast and brighter image without the ARD. So unless the lighting condition is poor, it's not going to affect the view.

Overall, I am happy with the purchase. The quality of the ARD is very good. The thread is smooth against my scope. The image distortion is very small. At longer range and high power zoom, the mirage will have a far worse effect to your view than the ARD.

Re: My Tenebraex ARD Review

I actually like the view of the house with the ARD installed more than the view without it. Maybee because it looked like a very sunny day, the ARD appeared to give more contrast to the colors. It would be neat to see some pictures near dusk or on a dark rainy day.

Dark and rainy day? In California? In about 2 months, maybe
grin.gif
Probably the only good thing about living here...

I'll see if I can get a picture of the scope near sun down. See if the ARD will cut down glares.

I have the same one on my Premier, to me it darkens the image too much for my taste, and I only use when I'm shooting in the snow to cut down on the amount of light coming back to my eye.

-SBS