• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My version of the 700 AAC-SD (pic)

Eagle1*

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 7, 2006
Ohio
After getting my Rem 700 AAC-SD and realizing that the stock is basically crap, I had to do something about it. Got me a GAP Camo'ed A5 from John @ jwprecision and installed it. Needed some very minor fitting for the bottom metal, but it turned out great.

Put on a Leupy 4.5-14x50 tactical mildot scope with Badger rings and base. Now all I need to do is shoot it and see how does. Thanks to all that helped me along the way, I am VERY HAPPY with this gun... Thanks for looking..E1

gap700-Copy.jpg

Re: My version of the 700 AAC-SD (pic)

Great setup, thinking about doing the same thing for a budget 308. Can't afford a custom at this time.

Yes, the stock is a POS.... Great choice in a replacement.

How did it shoot before the swap?

Very nice set up Eagle1 .....

Just curious, but how come you guys say the factory stock on the AAC is a POS? like I said, just curious

It flexes to much. and when I had that stock on my sps tactical the edge of the stock (closest to muzzle) came into contact with the barrel so much that it wore off some of the finish.

I've heard of some people simply grinding down the stock a bit where it touches and having good luck with that stock, but I haven't tried it my self.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KyDmax</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Very nice set up Eagle1 .....

Just curious, but how come you guys say the factory stock on the AAC is a POS? like I said, just curious </div></div>

If you were legal you could play with one yourself

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KyDmax</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Very nice set up Eagle1 .....

Just curious, but how come you guys say the factory stock on the AAC is a POS? like I said, just curious </div></div>

when i took the hogue stock off it had a plastic liner in it that is cut out to be a free floating stock. However, when any pressure is put on the front of the stock, the barrel rests on it making it very bad for a precision rifle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wheres-Waldo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes, the stock is a POS.... Great choice in a replacement.

How did it shoot before the swap? </div></div>

well, i wish i would have shot it first but time/work/weather/kids have not allowed this yet. I went ahead and swapped it out because i could not stand having the A5 here in the box without putting it on.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chaser_2332</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KyDmax</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Very nice set up Eagle1 .....

If you were legal you could play with one yourself </div></div>

Your mother doesnt love you!!!!! And I will have my AAC on Wednesday ya Jackwagon!!!

We can say its a POS because it IS. it's the first thing being replaced on mine, followed soon after by the trigger.

Sharp looking rifle. Thought about the same set up and then decided to get a GAP Crusader.