• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors My Volkmann has arrived!

Kevin_Deaton

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 12, 2008
Fort Worth, TX
Yesterday was a good day. My Volkmann Combat Custom that I ordered in January from George at Gunslingers arrived at my FFL.

I had this pistol built with carry in mind so I didn't go crazy with the frills, but I did add a few touches for appearance sake. The 5" 1911 is a standard Volkmann Combat Custom with the following changes: naked slide without front cocking serrations, flush cut slide stop pin, high cut grip, Robar NP3 finish, barrel cut flush with the bushing and a monogrammed bushing plug.

I have owned semi-custom guns from Wilson, Nighthawk, Brown, Baer and the Springer custom shop and I have to say that the fit and finish on this Volkmann is at least as good as the best I've sen from any of these other guys. Of course the real test will be at the range, but at this point I'm extremely happy with my purchase.

Here are a few pics.
Volkmann001.jpg

Volkmann005.jpg

Volkmann003.jpg

Volkmann006.jpg

Volkmann002.jpg

Re: My Volkmann has arrived!

Very nice. I don't hear of Volkmann often but when I do it is only great things.

Cost?

Sigh... did not want to be interested in buying a new pistol atm.

Nice clean lines, great gun. Congrats....
Now you need to post a range report.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fredo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Cost?

Sigh... did not want to be interested in buying a new pistol atm. </div></div>
According to Volkmann's website a pistol like mine would retail for around $3445. I paid considerably less by ordering through George at Gunslingers and getting my order in before the latest price increase. George's email is [email protected] if you are interested in contacting him . He will take good care of you and save you a few bucks as well.

I saw this handgun at Luke's almost took it out too shoot it for him, but I had to fly back East and lost the window.

Really nice job on this... he does outstanding work.

Congrats on the new pistol. Luke's pistols are exceptional and a great deal when you consider you have a single Master Pistolsmith working on your pistol.

Luke's success has also caused his prices to go up. Since he is producing more than 10 pistols a year, he got hit by a Federal tax plus his build times are pushing 24 to 26 weeks last I checked.

+1 on George at Gunslingers. I purchased my Combatant Custom from him and his prices are really tough to beat.

I thought you said "Volkswagen"...

Ever heard of Armand Swensen?