• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes My W.O.Tac 4-14

ponchonorm

Private
Minuteman
Feb 20, 2009
Whiteside County, Illinois
Being i'm just getting into the bolt guns and didn't have alot of money to spend i ordered a Wonder Optics 4-14 for my first build. Remington 700 SPS Tac .223.
I waited over a month for them to have another run and to get my scope. Upon opening the box, to my untrained eye it looked pretty nice. Turrets turned and didn't feel mushy like was reported on earlier models. After looking over the outside of the scope i looked through it. To my surprise it had what looked like paint specks on the glass, nice black splotches. I called Matt at Wonder Optics right away. He appologized up and down and said he would look through the scopes he had in the shop, pick out a good one and send it out right away that day. I sent the other one back that day also.
Two days later the other scope arrives. This one seems better. No black paint on the inside and everything seems to be working. Mount the scope and head to the range a couple of days later to zero. Didn't do a box test or anything but adjustments seemed right on. So far was happy with the scope. Works fine for what i need it for.
Next problem arises when i try to put the sunshade on. Key word is"Try". The threads don't seem to match up. Makes you mind they are of a different pitch, and the threads in the bell seem messed up.
I email Matt about this problem and he replies back rather quickly with " Try the shade on the other scope to see if its the shade or the scope", and if i want he will send me out a new sunshade. Well thats kinda hard because the other one was sent back over a week ago. I reply back and tell him that if he would, please send me another shade to try, He replies he has one on the way. Thats been 10 days ago.
To say the least i'm not really impressed with the Wonder Optics scopes. Quality control seems to be a bit lacking. This is by no means a bash to Matt Wonders. He seems like a good guy from the calls and emails but, his good CS only goes so far when 2 out of 2 scopes i've recieved had problems. Guess its time to just save up for a better optic. Guess its true " Buy once, Cry once".

Re: My W.O.Tac 4-14

Hmm, I am still waiting on my Wotac. I hope I don't have any issues with mine. Maybe I just should have saved up for one of the bigger names. Well, I guess I will find out soon.

I hope you don't have any problems. Have read where other people haven't had any problems and some that have. Seems hit and miss. Guess i'm in the miss column. Ditching this scope as soon as i can afford something better.

i got a 4-14 WOTAC for my 10/22 build. it has good glass comperable to the lower/mid end leupolds. matching turrets/reticle is a plus for a 300 dollar scope too. no problems with mine so far, but i've only got it mounted on a rimfire rifle as well.

one thing you can't argue about is the customer service. matt took great care of me. i don't doubt that he will continue to either, and with a life warranty, it makes me feel a bit better