• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My weapons of choice

rbaker2081

Private
Minuteman
Mar 24, 2010
http://i992.photobucket.com/albums/af48/rbaker2081/weapons.jpg[/img]]photobucket
yugosks.jpg

Springfield M1A, Remington 25-06 with heavy barrel, Yugo SKS

Tell me what yall think?

Re: My weapons of choice

I just got my Savage 110ba, .338 lapua. I hung a NightForce 5.5x22x50 on it. Loaded up the first 50 rounds and shot it this weekend. This thing is sick. I did have one group after the first 10 rounds of .50 inches at 200 yards (4 rounds) although there was a 5th flyer due to the bag slipping of the table. After about 40 rounds with friends (including knocking the 400 yd gong off of its frame) the last 6 rounds went after some prarie dogs. Got a few including one that is still wondering what happened because it literally vaporized. Can't wait to walk it out to 1000 and beyond. Unbelieveably sick rifle, especially for the money.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Zeroed1983</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
CoolstoryBrah.jpg
</div></div>

LMAO im saving this picture lol.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rbaker2081</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Savage110, why do you say that? lol </div></div>
He said that due to these being your choice weapons, an SKS really??? Just wait the other comments will roll on in. The M1A and Savage is good so at least you have two out of three worth while. JMHO
smile.gif

after my ban expired, I said................
<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Wui-PNqJrxs"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Wui-PNqJrxs" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Just posting the rifles I own really. Your right the yugo is junk as far as accuracy goes. Pretty accurate out to about 200 yards but thats about it. About as reliable as an AK and will throw some rounds if you need it to. Nothing compared to my springfield or 25-06.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rbaker2081</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just posting the rifles I own really. Your right the yugo is junk as far as accuracy goes. Pretty accurate out to about 200 yards but thats about it. About as reliable as an AK and will throw some rounds if you need it to. Nothing compared to my springfield or 25-06. </div></div>
Bottom line is you are out there shooting and any rifle is better than no rifle so welcome to the hide and glad to see another shooter out there holding tight to the sport.

Somewhat similar, my combo is a Garand, and M70 lightweight in .30-'06 bearing a Weaver V-16, and a Norinco SKS with a Choate Dragunov style stock and a B-Square scout type gas tube mount bearing a dot scope.

I like the '06 round better than the .308, s'all. Have owned the Garand, a Colt MT6700 Match Target, and a 'loaded' M1A. Now, I just own the Garand.

As for the SKS, the Choate uses a wedge type interface with the action and actually improves the accuracy to quite a bit better than SKS-average. Say what you want about the 7.62x39, but when it comes to putting down some supporting fire, I think it should work OK; plus the women like the gun's rock solid simplicity.

Greg

Dont get me wrong the yugo is a sweet shooting battle rifle, I love it. It dont compare to my M1A for long range but we all know it was not made for that. It will put some supporting fire down with out a doubt though.

"A Rifle is only as good as the person behind it"

Honestly, I haven't a clue what. Whatever...

Just harkening back to the 'Nam days...

Nice weapons If your happy thats cool.No my choice except for the M1A. I would drop the 25-06 for a lager caliber and the sks for a Ar-15 add a 12 ga pump and a 1911 or G21 BUT thats just me.
Scot

Hmmm... This has got to be one of the strangest threads I've ever read...

Did anyone else catch the 338 Lapua post?

Am I missing something?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Powder Burns</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Supporting fire against what?? </div></div>
The zombie invasion lol

Nice. And as long as you are happy with them and how they perform that is what counts. Regardless of what anyone else thinks. And don't let any flamers tell you otherwise.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lazy21</div><div class="ubbcode-body">after my ban expired, I said................
<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Wui-PNqJrxs"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Wui-PNqJrxs" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

</div></div>

totally my new voicemail.

I we're talking S/Gs, I have a Charles Daly 20ga semi with dot scope and rifled choke tube. Flatter shooting with slugs, quite accurate, and the rifled choke tube swirls the buckshot load to essentially sweep an entire hallway at about 7yd.

Zombies? Well; I suppose if one must, one must...

I think he refers to suppression as in fire and movement so that when he, De Niro, Kilmer, and Sizemore are delayed by traffic they can dismount and scoot. Cool story, brah! Remember though, accuracy is the best suppression.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Forty-One</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Remember though, accuracy is the best suppression.</div></div>Accuracy isn't suppressive fire, it's effective fire.
wink.gif

My favorite 3 rifles are:
TRG 22 in 308 with NF RXS 8-32x56
Remmy PSS in 223 With Leupy 6.5-20x40 EFR
K31/55 ZFK, and oldie but a goodie
My Pre Ban PE 57 is a close forth.

Lets see some pics of these rigs, I'm curious what they look like.