• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My wife rocks...

bm11

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 18, 2010
Maine
IMAG0187.jpg

Found a new Kestrel 4500nv on my reloading bench tonight. We watched "Sniper" a few weeks back (I know, I know,) and she was like "what is that?" She did the research from there on what to get.

I'm pretty psyched, it was a "just because" gift, and I don't know shit about the wind. Density altitude is great to have too.

Just wanted to gloat a little bit though, she's great!

-Bob

Re: My wife rocks...

Now that is the way to a mans heart ... hard core shooting gear! And maybe a bottle of fine Scotch, just saying.

Yep, my fiance got me the 4000 in the same color. Not as good as yours, but I'm happy with the surprise already.

Have fun with the meter =)

Good girl! She's a 'keeper'. Hope she feels the same way about you.
laugh.gif

You lucky SOB. I was just telling my wife I wanted one of these about 2min ago. I had to show her this post, maby she will get the hint.

Very Nice ... My wife got me custom rifle from Tactical Rifle--regardless of the gift--These women are keepers.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jbell</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And maybe a bottle of fine Scotch, just saying. </div></div>Ha, good call, she got me this too:
IMAG0188.jpg

jbell is a friend of mine, turns out she asked him advise before she ordered it for me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tailwind</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does she have a sister? </div></div>Nope, but a brother, if you are into that type of thing!

Kickass Bob! I bought myself one not very long ago and didnt even have to get married.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 175G</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I bought myself one not very long ago and didnt even have to get married. </div></div>You can't cheat the learning curve.
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 175G</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I bought myself one not very long ago and didnt even have to get married. </div></div>But mine was free!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bm11</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 175G</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I bought myself one not very long ago and didnt even have to get married. </div></div>But mine was free! </div></div>And maybe only half of it is yours, as it is property acquired during the marriage.
wink.gif

But I would argue that it is all yours because it was a gift.
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shoot4fun</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I, on the other hand, have bought my wife many fine weapons over the years.
Someday, I may show them to her.
</div></div>I do that too, haha! But I show them to her, she doesn't seem to care.

In fact- here was a recent conversation:

Me- "I think I'm going to sell a few guns to get an AIAX."
Her- "Why are you selling guns though, just buy one?"
Me- "But an AX is eight grand!"
Her- "So, just buy it."

But I ended up selling guns to buy it anyhow.

Again, kickass bm11. Here is a recent conversation I had:

Me: So why not just buy the AIAX?
Myself: Because it sucks
I: But you can easily afford it you dont even have to sell anything
Me: Besides bm11 is buying one
Myself: Another excellent point
I: Holy sheet, you spend how much on ammo??!!

laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 175G</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Again, kickass bm11. Here is a recent conversation I had:

Me: So why not just buy the AIAX?
Myself: Because it sucks
I: But you can easily afford it you dont even have to sell anything
Me: Besides bm11 is buying one
Myself: Another excellent point
I: Holy sheet, you spend how much on ammo??!!

laugh.gif
</div></div>Haha, excellent 175! I had to buy one to be able to say it sucks, I can tell you my opinion on Friday when it comes in. That is the downside to being in Maine.

Me- "I think I'm going to sell a few guns to get an AIAX."
Her- "Why are you selling guns though, just buy one?"
Me- "But an AX is eight grand!"
Her- "So, just buy it."
But I ended up selling guns to buy it anyhow.

You guys are waay more financially blessed than I am! Very jealous!

Many congrats on the AI and the Kestrel. Now you just need to get outa town and find somewhere longer than 200-yrds to use them
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Me thinking your wife deserves a holiday to <span style="text-decoration: line-through">Paris</span>, <span style="text-decoration: line-through">Rome</span>, <span style="text-decoration: line-through">London</span>...nah, Texas fella !

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shoot4fun</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I, on the other hand, have bought my wife many fine weapons over the years.
Someday, I may show them to her.

Very nice there BM11!
</div></div>
Just some advise, I too have selflessly bought my now ex many fine weapons over the years and I showed them to her. Thats not the problem, the problem is when she finds out what those weapons mean to you ....

Bob, you do have a good one there, her hearts in the right place. But to be fair Bob isnt the bigest ass hole I have met eighter
wink.gif

Your wife rocks indeed! Mine is pretty understanding when it comes to gun stuff, but she has never done anything like that. The fact that she did a bit of research on her own and surprised you with it is super cool. You've got a keeper there!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bm11</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 175G</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I bought myself one not very long ago and didnt even have to get married. </div></div>But mine was free!</div></div>

it is never free my friend, you know that 40 dollar steak you bought at dinner last week for her that she hardly touched, or that 90 dollar super duper lotion that is supposed to make her beautiful as opposed to the 2 dollar kind at wally mart-inez..........

conversation we had the other day

me- honey I want an AI
her- what's that
me- hell I dont know but all the guys on the hide need one
her- whats it cost?
me- 8 grand
her- go fuck yourself

Can I pay her to train my wife on how to get to a rifle man's heart? lol. Excellent gift, amigo! Treasure the thought and not so much the instrument itself.
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Papagayos</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Can I pay her to train my wife on how to get to a rifle man's heart? lol. Excellent gift, amigo! Treasure the thought and not so much the instrument itself.
grin.gif
</div></div>

Just get her shooting. That's what I did.
My wife is a lot more tolerant of my geeked out sniper ways once she started accurately shooting. She is actually pretty good for a beginner. Still working with her on calling winds though.
Oh yeah, and she looks really good while doing it.
2uh4irk.jpg

alright, I am a young man here with his pencil and paper. So how did you say you land a wife like that? what are the signs to look for lol

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: blakheaven</div><div class="ubbcode-body">alright, I am a young man here with his pencil and paper. So how did you say you land a wife like that? what are the signs to look for lol </div></div>
Go through enough women and you'll eventually find the right one. I found a lot of bad ones before my wife. I'm completely on love with this one, and I'll keep her!

JJ, thats cool you shoot together. I tried to get mine to but as most things it failed. Nice ink on the L arm. Got to love a chick who isnt afrade to be herself.

J.J. McQuade Go through enough women and you'll eventually find the right one. I found a lot of bad ones before my wife. I'm completely on love with this one said:
Brother you have said a plenty there. I'm on #3 wife, if there is another divorce, SOMEBODY is getting paid life insurance! Seriously her and I have a deal, I don't count her shoes, she don't look in the gun safe. If the brown truck brings it, it's probably for me.

Mu hunting spot is called Man Camp, for a reason. She is just fine with me going there anytime, but I best not be taken any wimmenz other than her sister. Yeah, her sister shoots and she don't. Wierd but good.

Good pic.

Lol guys, my wife is pretty cool. She never gives a shit about the guns and gear I buy. She's not really high maintenance either- though the $6k breasts a year ago would suggest otherwise, she's actually the one who paid for them.

All in all I would say I have it pretty good.

BM - I can relate to that - my wife paid for hers too!

Some guys say " those tits aren't real"

I say "BULLSHIT, if I can get MY hands on them, they are real baby!"

I love to hear of women paying for their own boobs. It would make me ok with paying for my own rifle. Never let on opportunity to hold one of your wife/girlfriends expensive purchases over their head.
We really aren't that smart and need all the help we can possibly get.
Remember the sniper sliding scale of gifts/purchases:

Pearl earrings = kesteral or ballistic computer
Fake Boobs = Surgeon Rifle (or equivelant)
Diamond ring = Schmidt and Bender/Zeiss scope
New Car = forgivness for sniffing coke off a strippers ass

OK I admit I just made that all these up. But they seem pretty reasonable to me. If anyone tries any of these and survives let me know. I'm curious to see how it works out.

A new car seemed to work well for the 8 k worth of GAP & S&B. But my wife is awesome, she works at grey group and brings me home random shit that she knows I will like on a regular basis.

Must be nice to have great wives! My girlfriend asked what I wanted to Valnetine's Day. I couldn't think of anything off the top of my head. She suggested some bullets. Now I have another 100 Matchkings on the bench! Sad part is it's probably one of the better Valentine's Day gifts I've been given.

From "My wife rocks" to AIAX, to tits, to what ever. Then Ace has a pic of his wife looking all wet and mad.
Guys, let me tell you this. The best wife (mine) lets me go shoot whenever and wherever I want to with out question or bitching. I get to shoot all the bullets!!!!
Only I get to shoot all of "her guns" (previous post).
And they are all (guns, bullets, etc) paid for from our joint account.

BTW, the tit gods were very good to her and I bought another rifle with the money we saved.

+ 1
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Misguided</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You need to marry that girl! Can you introduce her to mine? Nice.</div></div>