• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing My woman got her first Thunder Chicken.

strick9

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 3, 2008
Mt Horrible, SC
My number one got her first Tom!

I roosted em Saturday night after leaving early from a CCA banquet and picking up her 8yr old son. We set up early this morning with a B mobile Tom and two Swingn hens on an oat field. They started rolling around 6:30 am and the show was on. I threw in a few clucks and purs on a primos triple reed diaphram to let em know where the ladies were hanging. I had her son beside me burried in deep cover to hide our movements as he still figits a little. She was about 10 yards to my right in a muscadine thicket with a perfect portal to the dekes. I didn't get to see the whole show as we were buried deep but heard him pop the decoy which sounded like a car wreck and watched another tom, also nice, boogey off a couple of yards. I whispered shoot him and watched her settle in, put her face firmly on the stock, take a deep breath and BANG.... off he goes just a flying. Of course, I am thinking OH SH#T she missed, so I jumped up and ran over before the shell casing even hit the ground, low and behold the reble rouser and also the one I couldn't see was doing the Watoosey Two Death Dance!!.

She was using my Benelli SBE II with Federal 3.5 inch copper plated number 4s courtesy of Dad. She said she didn't even feel the kick and was grinning ear to ear, imagine that! I absolutely couldn't be prouder of her and her son. The old tom weighed in at 20 lbs and a few ounces, had 1-1/8" spurs and touched 11 inches on the beard. My hats off to her folks, as they know how to grow em down at Docheno Plantation, Walterboro SC. Now its time for the stick an string.

Till then keep your powder dry, aim small miss small and get in the woods boyz!!

Biggest thanks to Chad for the pics!

Re: My woman got her first Thunder Chicken.

David,

Here are those pics for you. Bump for a beautiful girl and a good Tom.

Chad

KarawithTom.jpg

KaraandDavid.jpg

KandJ.jpg

Brokes.....You have a perfect setup....Good family, good wife and fun hunting together...Nice bird...SmokeRolls

SmokeRolls, wish it was me...this is Strick9's girl and her little boy, I helped him post up the pics. And yes, he does have a great setup. Nothing more important than being able to enjoy what you love with the ones you love most.

Chad

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: brokes22</div><div class="ubbcode-body">David,

Here are those pics for you. Bump for a beautiful girl and a good Tom.

Chad

KarawithTom.jpg

KaraandDavid.jpg

KandJ.jpg
</div></div>

+ 1 and the boys digging it bigtime, very cool

Good job-nice bird and great family adventure

You couldn't pry that hat off him with C4 and a Sherman!! CavScout has a ACU pack coming to him..he will probably sleep with in on his hump.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: popndrop</div><div class="ubbcode-body">a family that hunts together stays together. </div></div>

Tis true

Now that's a GREAT hunt right there!
Lucky man you are...

Congrats!!!! I'll never forget my hunt with my wife when she got her first antelope, that the best way to spend time together in my opinion.

Nice bird. Congratulations.