• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My youngest's first round sent thru the Savage ...

Snakum

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 21, 2010
Sandhills
My youngest is a budding gun nut and loves to go shoot her brother's .22, which is cool cuz he ain't so wild about it. Today mom and I were shooting the Savage and the Marlin scout gun and we had the kids (7 and 10 yo) compete against each other with the Savage (FCP-K .308) at 80 yards.

MomCoaching.jpg

After an eternity of positioning and repositioning and whining about the gun being "too big" and losing the target we finally just told her to point it in the general direction and pull the trigger. Wouldn't you know it ...

EmmasTarget.jpg

... she center punched the damn thing. We were both dying when we saw the shot thru the spotting scope. Just rolling.
laugh.gif
Her brother will never live it down, even tho he shot a decent (non luck) group of 1.25".
laugh.gif
Me and mom are still ROFL about it.

EmmasFirstShot.jpg

The first thing she says is "Now can I have my own gun?"
smile.gif

Re: My youngest's first round sent thru the Savage ...

Excellent story and great photos! She sure looks happy!

How were they with the recoil of the .308?

A cautionary word;

My oldest daughter now believes she owns my Savage .223...

She's already a little "self-confident" ... now she's insufferable. Rubbed her brother's face in it all night.
laugh.gif

With the weight and the brake the FCP-K is actually pretty mild. Not bad at all. I'm going to see if I can scare up a youth sized .22 bolt gun for her. Don't know much about what's available, tho.

My oldest crept up a little on the scope of my .308 10fcp on her fourth shot on it and got a surprising introduction to the ocular bell. She was wearing her glasses though so it was nothing more than a lesson learned, for both of us!

She has since gotten back on that one with no flinch when firing. As she is very used to the minimal recoil of the heavy .223, she just got closer and closer to the scope with each shot. She won't do that again, nor will her sister when she comes out!

Snakum, looks like you've got an Olympian in the making! Good for you, man. I look forward to shooting with you this weekend.

(Forest Gump wave) "Hey Bubbaaaaaah"
laugh.gif

I have about 200 rounds loaded up ... gonna be fun. Dingus boy never got back with me on the 1000 yard field after all the wild promises (I shoulda known
frown.gif
), but I have three other spots, including the long one in Olivia.