• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Myself with M14 S/N 0001 Circa 2009 PICTURE

dustiningram07

Private
Minuteman
Jun 18, 2010
Paktika, AFG
This picture was taken while I was a private, stationed on Benning. We were doing a detail, moving all the weapons from the old Natl. Infantry Museum to the new one. Weapons from us, our allies, and enemies. Prototype stoner rifles, east German assassination guns. I mean everything that would give a guy on this site a perpetual hard-on. This is in the basement vault, not on the display floor. My SD card on my phone was lost but I found this one picture on an old email account. Myself with the first production M14, SN 0001. The museum curator, A guy named J.C. Reid was super cool and let us handle this piece of history. I wish I had more pictures...sorry!
Firstm14edit_zps3588b5c2.jpg

Re: Myself with M14 S/N 0001 Circa 2009 PICTURE

I'll Take It! Please forward payment info.
smile.gif

A national treasure. I took the liberty of reposting it over at the M14 Forum.

FYI

A fellow who seems in the know over there just posted this:

"2000 was the first production M14, and it's in Springfield, anything before that was a T44E4 test and eval I believe."

“The Secretary of the Army Wilber M. Brucker awarded a presentation-grade Springfield Armory M14 rifle marked with serial number 0001 to the Infantry Museum at Fort Benning, GA during 1959”

From M14 forum, 'Maggot' reposted my picture and those guys seem pretty knowledgeable. Thanks Mag.

Beautiful rifle!

Stay safe in Paktika! I spent time in Sharana and Sar Howza and I don't miss that place one bit.