• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mystery 700

TheBigCountry

Green Weenie
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Dec 9, 2013
    I received a Remington 700, and there seems to be a mystery about it. I am attaching pictures of it in hopes maybe someone with more knowledge can help shed some light on it. The rifle came as is with everything included, and the paperwork says it is a 700 TWS, but the barrel is stamped GR Douglas XX 308, and the Leupold is a 3.5-10 with tall turrets..

Do I have a Unicorn on my hands, and would I be a fool to mess with it as she sits (as in changing out the scope and base)?

Attachments

• photo51436.jpg
      photo51436.jpg
      67.6 KB · Views: 10
    • photo51437.jpg
      photo51437.jpg
      66.3 KB · Views: 10
    • photo51438.jpg
      photo51438.jpg
      83 KB · Views: 8
    • photo51439.jpg
      photo51439.jpg
      99.4 KB · Views: 12
    • photo51440.jpg
      photo51440.jpg
      80 KB · Views: 13
    Rem700 action, TWS indicates "Tactical Weapons System" Law enforcement rifle action.

The barrel was threaded and chambered by GR Douglas gunsmithing.

Not a unicorn at all.

Last edited:
    Rem700 action, TWS indicates "Tactical Weapons System" Law enforcement rifle action.

The barrel was threaded and chambered by GR Douglas gunsmithing.

Not a unicorn at all.

Thank you for the info. Any idea why the rifle came set up with the Leupold on it? I'm debating whether yanking it and selling it vs just keeping it as and using the money for other things