• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up N.E. Florida ?

Re: N.E. Florida ?

nothing but 100yd ranges in St. aug, i have heard of a few potential new ranges in the area but nothing is built

Tifton, Ga has a 1k range

rumor is Bradford is going to be pushed back to 800yds very soon

unfortunatley there are not alot of long range options

Gateway gun club is planning a 1k range in Sanderson, FL. Read that in the Macclenny paper today.

Orlando here. Ive heard of a 1k range in Manatee County outside of Sarasota I believe havent been there yet tho

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Greedy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Gateway gun club is planning a 1k range in Sanderson, FL. Read that in the Macclenny paper today. </div></div>Any updates?

Last I heard, there is a problem with a county ordnance that won't allow 50 cal so everything is on hold. I have no idea how accurate that info is. That is local rumor mill.

I'm located in St Augsutine & we are sure in need of a close range that one could shoot past 600 yards.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: predator</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm located in St Augsutine & we are sure in need of a close range that one could shoot past 600 yards. </div></div>

You are now in luck, The Volusia County Gun & Hunt Club has just opened to the public with a 500 yard range in Deland. Check them out, VolusiaGun&Hunt . I am going to check them out gere soon since I am playing in Florida for a bit.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Witch Doctor</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: predator</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm located in St Augsutine & we are sure in need of a close range that one could shoot past 600 yards. </div></div>

You are now in luck, The Volusia County Gun & Hunt Club has just opened to the public with a 500 yard range in Deland. Check them out, VolusiaGun&Hunt . I am going to check them out gere soon since I am playing in Florida for a bit. </div></div>

I'll have to check it out but its still 100 miles from St Augustine.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Greedy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Gateway gun club is planning a 1k range in Sanderson, FL. Read that in the Macclenny paper today. </div></div>
That may be a long way off. The membership just voted to purchase the land. Due to their current location the potential exists that they could be eventually shut down. Bordering residential areas and airports typically spells a death sentence for any range. The plan is to buy the new land and develop it slowly. How slowly is anyone's guess.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: watereddownevil</div><div class="ubbcode-body">heard Bradfords going to 800 </div></div>

you heard right, construction has started

600yd berm is gone, the extension is in process.

new shooting platform and benches in front of the shooting platform

should be done by this summer

I need to get out to Bradford. So I take it that the 600 is closed until construction is complete?

Been working on the platform area for a couple of weeks now.
The 840/850 berm is now being constructed. Concrete,fill,benches
and some grading still need to be done. They would really like
some help in this project. Alot of the local shooters involved in the construction process.

Regards

Mark

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BattleAxe</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Greedy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Gateway gun club is planning a 1k range in Sanderson, FL. Read that in the Macclenny paper today. </div></div>
That may be a long way off. The membership just voted to purchase the land. Due to their current location the potential exists that they could be eventually shut down. Bordering residential areas and airports typically spells a death sentence for any range. The plan is to buy the new land and develop it slowly. How slowly is anyone's guess. </div></div>

I take it you're a member. I have a dozer. If need volunteer work let me know.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shootone</div><div class="ubbcode-body">you heard right, construction has started

600yd berm is gone, the extension is in process.

new shooting platform and benches in front of the shooting platform

should be done by this summer</div></div>

Looking at the schedule on their website, it looks like the 800yd range will be open this month!

i believe there is going to be a long range sniper match at bradford the last weekend of this month

email Rick @ [email protected] for more info and details.

they lazered it yesterday and the new berm is going to be 865yds.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shootone</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i believe there is going to be a long range sniper match at bradford the last weekend of this month

</div></div>

Awesome. I'll be shooting .223, so no LR sniper match for me
shocked.gif

I take it you're a member. I have a dozer. If need volunteer work let me know. </div></div>I'm pretty much out of the loop on stuff like that and gateway doesn't exactly keep the membership informed. If you let the office staff know they may take you up on it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shootone</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i believe there is going to be a long range sniper match at bradford the last weekend of this month

</div></div>

BSF has it listed for the 24th and ruashooter lists it as the 10th.

From what I'm reading those sniper matches are a team event. If this is the case are there any other lone shooters out there looking to form a team?

What does it cost to shoot at Bradford? I might try to get out there this weekend and shoot my new LTR. Anything I should bring with me besides the obvious?

Cost is $20.00 for all day. Don't have to be a member and they let you shoot prone or sitting or any other ways that are safe.

Pack a lunch unless you don't eat much. You will only be able to use the 3 hundred yd range.

Take care and good shooting.

Regards

Mark

BattleAxe, not all those matches are team matches. Most of those matches are individual but they shoot two shooters at a time to help speed up the down time. You do not have to have a partner to participate.

Hope to see you there.

Regards

Mark

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: linedrive301ft</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Cost is $20.00 for all day. Don't have to be a member and they let you shoot prone or sitting or any other ways that are safe.

Pack a lunch unless you don't eat much. You will only be able to use the 3 hundred yd range.

Take care and good shooting.

Regards

Mark</div></div>

Thanks Mark!

When you say I'll only be able to use the 300yd range, is that bc the 600 (new 800) yd range is closed for the upgrade, or bc it's members only?

Oh and should I bring some sort of shooting mat for shooting prone?

Matt

Matt,yes for the mat. When the 800 yd range is open you will be able to shoot there without membership. Pay your $ and you can
use all the pistol and rifle ranges they have.

Regards

Mark

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: linedrive301ft</div><div class="ubbcode-body">BattleAxe, not all those matches are team matches. Most of those matches are individual but they shoot two shooters at a time to help speed up the down time. You do not have to have a partner to participate. Hope to see you there.</div></div>
Good to know. I may not make this one but will definately get out there for the next. I may even get a membership to be able to shoot those distances regularly.

I shot at Bradford for a while when lived in the Gator Nation. Great people, awsome range. they let you shoot pretty much anything. Its nice to see they are moving to 800. Like someone else said bring something to eat. Nothing very close.

I'll be headed to Bradford tomorrow, anyone care to join?

Also, do I need to bring my own targets? Can I buy them there?

Yes to bringing your own targets. Cardboard if you have it and a stapler would help.

I'll be there at 9:00, ask for Mark.

Regards

Directions to Bradford please! I am in NE Fl as well

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: luger9</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Directions to Bradford please! I am in NE Fl as well </div></div>

Simple, just take I-10W out to 301, head south until you pass through Starke (DON'T SPEED lol) and take Co Rd 227 to the dirt entrance road. You'll see a giant sign that says "Bradford Sporting Clays" or something to that effect, go to the end of the dirt road and you're there. I'll probably be going back wednesday Apr 28th if you want to meet up!

I see that the sniper match in Bradford limits scope magnification to 10X. Is this a common limitation? It has me second-guessing a USO I have on order at 17X

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: l4zy</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: luger9</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Directions to Bradford please! I am in NE Fl as well </div></div>

Simple, just take I-10W out to 301, head south until you pass through Starke (DON'T SPEED lol) and take Co Rd 227 to the dirt entrance road. You'll see a giant sign that says "Bradford Sporting Clays" or something to that effect, go to the end of the dirt road and you're there. I'll probably be going back wednesday Apr 28th if you want to meet up! </div></div>
Thanks for directions. I will have to go on the weekend because i am slaving at work thru the week.

BattleAxe, that scope issue has been resolved and there are no limitations on optics or caliber restrictions.

Hope to see you out there and good shooting.

Regards

Mark

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: linedrive301ft</div><div class="ubbcode-body">BattleAxe, that scope issue has been resolved and there are no limitations on optics or caliber restrictions. Hope to see you out there and good shooting.
Regards
Mark </div></div>
Excellent. I'll be dialing in a new platform this weekend locally but will get out there the next free weekend I have. Likely the weekend of the 1st.

Crap, I've been watching this thread for just such an occasion but no way I can do it on short notice.

The 850 yd range is probably going to be closed for at least
another 2 weeks. The benches are being built and the tops are
a week or two from being delivered.

You can always shoot the 300 yd range.

Held a match on Sat. There is nothing listed on the site-

bsfshootingsports.com that would indicate that they are closed.

Regards

Well fellows, the Sanderson project is done. Between the 50decibal ordnance and the opposition, most of which were hunters, it got shot down. Pisses me off too. The op runs dogs and shoots up the world but doesn't want to hear a gun shot unless it's theirs. The zoning board was playing politics and caved in. Could be wrong but I believe the closest home was about 3 miles away from the proposed 1k range site.