• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

N. FLA Spotter/Sniper match

ruashooter

Private
Minuteman
Mar 18, 2010
Waldo Florida
Bradford Sportrmens Farm and Ruashooter is holding a spotter/sniper match on Feb 18. 2012. "Snipers" will engage targets out too 600 yards while the spotter will provide support info and engaging targets out to 200 yards.
There will be be 3 different shooting areas including the 2 woods courses and a Shooting Trail. While this will be a timed event, there will not be a par time or max round count. We will however call/stop any team that is just taking way to much time or unable to properly engage targets. The winners will be the shooters that used the least amount of time and rounds used to complete the combined courses. On the trail there will only be one team at a time, this is so everyone has to deal with the obstacles I'm putting place on their own and not see how the previous teams deal with them. Every station will have a set of instructions that will designate the targets and order of engagement. The range to targets will be included on a few of these but not all so we can keep things moving a a fast pace. It will be the spotter responsibility to relay this info to the sniper and confirm hit/miss. The spotter will be engaging targets from 10 yards out to 200 yards with their weapon. Both will be using their handguns. At the end of the trail there will be a buddy drag where the team will have to retrieve a simulated wounded buddy and drag him back to safety while at the same time engaging targets.

The standard minimum round count is as follows (this may vary)-- Sniper- 64 rnds minimum, -- Spotter- 64 rnds minimum,-- handgun 60 (30 each) total for both team members.
The entry fee will be $60.00 for each team ($30 per member) and we will try to start shooting around 8:30 am with registration/safety meeting at 8:00 am.

This event will require a pre-registration, go to Braford Sportsmans Farm website to their event page, find the date of the event and there will be a link to register. It will be a $20.00 deposit per team member (the total per 2 man team is $60.00) and the balance of $10.00 for each member will need to be paid the day of the event. Also we have limited this to 12 teams/24 shooters so you may want to go ahead and register for this if you plan to shoot.
For further info or specific questions contact "Rick" at [email protected]

Re: N. FLA Spotter/Sniper match

So with one team at a time on the course of fire, How long do you feel that it will take a team to complete the course of fire?

The main problem I see with this course of fire is the possibility of having teams stand around for several hours waiting on there turn to shoot. THen in return standing around for several hours waiting on the other teams to complete the course of fire and finding out the results of the match.

Will the 300 yard range be open during the down time so that shooters can out some rounds down range?

I am by no way trying to be negative. I do know for fact that several more shooters will attend these matches if the match is designed for very little down time for everyone.

Rick, I hope that you are looking for reccomendations for pros or cons. I just want to be straight up with you.

I would gladly give my reccomendations for courses of fire that would keep downtime to a minimum

Thanks for putting on a match

Damn, if I didn't already have a comp the same weekend, I'd come to this one. Sounds like this is a cool match. Hope you have more through the year. Keep us updated if so. Thanks

>Gunnery Sargent .257, you may have mis-understood the COF. There will be 3 courses open and shooting at the same time. There will only be 1 team at a time on the sniper trail for the reasons stated in the post. The shooters will be dividided into 2 groups 1 group on our "Golf Course and the other group to the "Dog-leg". As a team finishes the dog leg they will move out to another pistol course then on to the start of the sniper trail. When a team finishes the golf course they will move to the dog leg and so everyone should be rotating from course to course and keeping everyone shooting with very little down time. At the last one of these we had a couple of snafu's one being an medical emergency while half way thru the trail and I had to call for a cold range but these are things you just can't plan for in any match. I hope this answers your questions. And yes I always welcome some input to any of our match's.

The downtime isn't bad. The match takes pretty much the whole day though. The 300 yard range will be open, but you probably won't want to go shoot in between stages.

I have 2 shooters that looking for snipers to make a team. Is there any takers? Email me at [email protected] and I'll hook you up. I am also goig to tell them to place a post here and then they work directly.

Rick , I have sent you a Email about the shoot saturday,let me know. I have already registered. Needing a partner....

Just wanted to update everyone on this coming weekend match. It will be a lot like the tactical sniper match we held back last summer. There will be more moving and shooting. On the 850 the max range will be 600 yards. There will several new targets with challenging shots. There will be a max time set for each of the 4 course's along with a max round for engaging targets so we can keep things moving, (this will be very ample time and shots).
Also important news, I met some shooters/owners from "Central Fla. Gun and Tactical" who will be donating several prizes for the awards table, Roo Packs, Mats and other items. These guys were shooting an 11" AR out to 400 yards and making the hits, it supprised me. They carry suppressors, POF and other AR's along with custom bolt guns. Greg was shooting one that had a new type carbon barrel that shot awsome.
If you plan on attending you can pre-register at the BSF web-site.

Is this a spectator-friendly match?
I have a friend who wants to see this bad-ass-ery take place...

rick, hope you guys have a good shoot today, wish i could have made it!

The match was pretty darn good. The weather ended up working for us all, no heat and very little to no mirage We only had 16 shooters but they brought their game faces. We did a LOT of moving and shooting, the shooters definatly had the heart rate and breathing UP. We had dot drills on the dog leg from 45 yards out to 110 yards. The Golf course was set up like a race track everyone was moving and shooting at a fast pace. The 850 trail had a combination of precision rifle and tacticle shots shooting steels from 12" down to 4" in size and from 600 yards down to 200 yards for the sniper. We got thru early even though we had a 30 minute delay getting started. Everyone said this was one of the better matchs and would like to shoot this COF again. My hat goes off to Talon for helping me design this COF.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ruashooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The match was pretty darn good. </div></div>

I'll second that. Had a great time, and as always a great bunch of shooters.

Rick,

Top match Brother. I really enjoyed this one. I really look forward to getting out there to the next ones as well. I will try to make the Carbine Match in April, if I am not traveling somewhere...

Keep up the good work. Let us know if you ever need any help setting up. I know I won't mind helping.

v/r

Darren

Just wanted to say how much I enjoyed this match. I went and watched the last Spotter/Sniper, and to say that it has drastically evolved since then would be an understatement. Down time was minimal, we were done by noon and couldn't have asked for better weather.

Rick and Crew put on a great event and I would encourage anyone close enough to take a day trip or over nighter to attend.

good to hear the match was a success

will have to get back out there if they are done by noon, kudos to rick

anyone have the results?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shootone</div><div class="ubbcode-body">anyone have the results? </div></div>

I'm terrible with names but 2 guys from I think Alachua (?) county SWAT took 1st with a smokin' performance.

Two fairly new shooters took second. In fact I remember these guys just starting out in these matches and they've come along way. It was good to see them on the podium.

DMack and I took 3rd

It was Zan Hammond from Marion County S.O. and his partner that took first... Zan is a great shooter and an even better dude... It's awesome to have the caliber of people we have near us...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BattleAxe</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shootone</div><div class="ubbcode-body">anyone have the results? </div></div>

I'm terrible with names but 2 guys from I think Alachua (?) county SWAT took 1st with a smokin' performance.

Two fairly new shooters took second. In fact I remember these guys just starting out in these matches and they've come along way. It was good to see them on the podium.

DMack and I took 3rd </div></div>

The Alachua guys are hands-down some of the best shooters in the country...I'd have been surprised had they not made first.

When will the next Spotter/Sniper match be held?