• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

N. Korea threatens nuke strike on US

Maggot

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood"
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 27, 2007
    Virginia
    Thats a clear threat, time to light'em up, til they can read at night w/o aux lighting......

SEOUL, South Korea (AP) — North Korea vowed on Thursday to launch a pre-emptive nuclear strike against the United States, amplifying its threatening rhetoric hours ahead of a vote by U.N. diplomats on whether to level new sanctions against Pyongyang for its recent nuclear test.

An unidentified spokesman for Pyongyang's Foreign Ministry said the North will exercise its right for "a preemptive nuclear attack to destroy the strongholds of the aggressors" because Washington is pushing to start a nuclear war against the North.

Although North Korea boasts of nuclear bombs and pre-emptive strikes, it is not thought to have mastered the ability to produce a warhead small enough to put on a missile capable of reaching the U.S. It is believed to have enough nuclear fuel, however, for several crude nuclear devices.

Such inflammatory rhetoric is common from North Korea, and especially so in recent days. North Korea is angry over the possible sanctions and over upcoming U.S.-South Korean military drills. At a mass rally in Pyongyang on Thursday, tens of thousands of North Koreans protested the U.S.-South Korean war drills and sanctions.

Army Gen. Kang Pyo Yong told the crowd that North Korea is ready to fire long-range nuclear-armed missiles at Washington.

"Intercontinental ballistic missiles and various other missiles, which have already set their striking targets, are now armed with lighter, smaller and diversified nuclear warheads and are placed on a standby status," Kang said. "When we shell (the missiles), Washington, which is the stronghold of evils, .... will be engulfed in a sea of fire."

The U.N. Security Council is set to impose a fourth round of sanctions against Pyongyang in a fresh attempt to rein in its nuclear and ballistic missile programs.

Russia's U.N. Ambassador Vitaly Churkin, the current council president, said the council would vote on the draft sanctions resolution Thursday morning.

The resolution was drafted by the United States and China, North Korea's closest ally. The council's agreement to put the resolution to a vote just 48 hours later signaled that it would almost certainly have the support of all 15 council members.

The statement by the North Korean Foreign Ministry spokesman was carried by the North's official Korean Central News Agency.

It accused the U.S. of leading efforts to slap sanctions on North Korea. The statement said the new sanctions would only advance the timing for North Korea to fulfill previous vows to take "powerful second and third countermeasures" against its enemies. It hasn't elaborated on those measures.

The statement said North Korea "strongly warns the U.N. Security Council not to make another big blunder like the one in the past when it earned the inveterate grudge of the Korean nation by acting as a war servant for the U.S. in 1950."

North Korea demanded the U.N. Security Council immediately dismantle the American-led U.N. Command that's based in Seoul and move to end the state of war that exists on the Korean Peninsula, which continues six decades after fighting stopped because an armistice, not a peace treaty, ended the war.

In anticipation of the resolution's adoption, North Korea earlier in the week threatened to cancel the 1953 cease-fire that ended the Korean War.

North Korean threats have become more common as tensions have escalated following a rocket launch by Pyongyang in December and its third nuclear test on Feb. 12. Both acts defied three Security Council resolutions that bar North Korea from testing or using nuclear or ballistic missile technology and from importing or exporting material for these programs.

U.S. U.N. Ambassador Susan Rice said the proposed resolution, to be voted on at 10 a.m. EST (1500 GMT), would impose some of the strongest sanctions ever ordered by the United Nations.

The final version of the draft resolution, released Wednesday, identified three individuals, one corporation and one organization that would be added to the U.N. sanctions list if the measure is approved.

The targets include top officials at a company that is the country's primary arms dealer and main exporter of ballistic missile-related equipment, and a national organization responsible for research and development of missiles and probably nuclear weapons.

The success of a new round of sanctions could depend on enforcement by China, where most of the companies and banks that North Korea is believed to work with are based.

The United States and other nations worry that North Korea's third nuclear test pushed it closer to its goal of gaining nuclear missiles that can reach the U.S. The international community has condemned the regime's nuclear and missile efforts as threats to regional security and a drain on the resources that could go to North Korea's largely destitute people.

The draft resolution condemns the latest nuclear test "in the strongest terms" for violating and flagrantly disregarding council resolutions, bans further ballistic missile launches, nuclear tests "or any other provocation," and demands that North Korea return to the Nuclear Nonproliferation Treaty. It also condemns all of North Korea's ongoing nuclear activities, including its uranium enrichment.

But the proposed resolution stresses the council's commitment "to a peaceful, diplomatic and political solution" and urged a resumption of six-party talks with the aim of denuclearizing the Korean Peninsula "in a peaceful manner."

The proposed resolution would make it significantly harder for North Korea to move around the funds it needs to carry out its illicit programs and strengthen existing sanctions and the inspection of suspect cargo bound to and from the country. It would also ban countries from exporting specific luxury goods to the North, including yachts, luxury automobiles, racing cars, and jewelry with semi-precious and precious stones and precious metals.

According to the draft, all countries would now be required to freeze financial transactions or services that could contribute to North Korea's nuclear or missile programs.

To get around financial sanctions, North Koreans have been carrying around large suitcases filled with cash to move illicit funds. The draft resolution expresses concern that these bulk cash transfers may be used to evade sanctions. It clarifies that the freeze on financial transactions and services that could violate sanctions applies to all cash transfers as well as the cash couriers.

The proposed resolution also bans all countries from providing public financial support for trade deals, such as granting export credits, guarantees or insurance, if the assistance could contribute to the North's nuclear or missile programs.

It includes what a senior diplomat called unprecedented new travel sanctions that would require countries to expel agents working for sanctioned North Korean companies.

The draft also requires states to inspect suspect cargo on their territory and prevent any vessel that refuses an inspection from entering their ports. And a new aviation measure calls on states to deny aircraft permission to take off, land or fly over their territory if illicit cargo is suspected to be aboard.

I think the consensus about NK is that he won't do anything that would lead to him being removed from power. So while he makes a ton of threats, he really never does anything. Now, that could change once Iran becomes a player (and we all know Iran will). If it were up to me, I'd drop a few reminders on NK just to fuck with them but once Iran becomes a player his threats might become reality.

Honestly, I have NO idea why Israel hasn't just kicked the shit out of Iran already but I suspect it's because of the U.S.' new anti-Israel stance and constant meddling. Either way, it'll be interesting to see what happens when Iran does get the bomb, will they be like NK and just make decades of empty threats or will they actually use their bomb to nuke Israel/U.S.?

I think of the Norks like a teacup chiuaua dog. It yaps, barks and growls at everybody walking by it trying to make itself seem like it will tear your fucking head off if you mess with it.

In reality, everybody knows they could scoop the dog up and punt it off a bridge ("That's how I roll").

That's not really a dog you'd want to scoop up. All the country does is build its military, supply it, and train it. We didn't have much fun there 60 years ago either. I'd want to make that one an air campaign, otherwise it'll be rough. My buddy who commanded in Seoul said NK has 75,000 special forces troops at the DMZ just waiting for the order to go. I know I wouldn't want to be in Seoul when the CHTF.

Why Washington? Isn't it bad enough I have to live with the liberal jackwagons out here? Why not California or California?

Why Washington? Isn't it bad enough I have to live with the liberal jackwagons out here? Why not California or California?

I believe they meant Washington, DC.

That's not really a dog you'd want to scoop up. All the country does is build its military, supply it, and train it. We didn't have much fun there 60 years ago either. I'd want to make that one an air campaign, otherwise it'll be rough. My buddy who commanded in Seoul said NK has 75,000 special forces troops at the DMZ just waiting for the order to go. I know I wouldn't want to be in Seoul when the CHTF.

Point taken.

A war is unwinable from the air alone.

A groundwar is unwinnable in the "modern" way the US fights, with the rules of engagement as they are.

To anyone interested in some war history, study the Punic wars between Rome and Carthage. Rome did eventually win with a "phyric victory", which is to say their losses were huge. They only eventually won via what they called "decimate" (pronounced dess-eh-mot-eh), which our word "decimate" comes from:

They lined up every single Carthigian citizen, and literally killed 9 of every 10, leaving the tenth alive to tell the tale.

Cue VJJ...

VJJ cannot comment on this situation at this time.

He is part of a top secret first strike operation, that involves a massive distribution of a certain male oriented sex toy that is set to win any potential conflict we have with North Korea in 24 hours, or less depending on the frequency at which the North Koreans are allowed to go on bathroom breaks.

The mission is called Operation Electric Clam.

The whole concept is explained in detail below(the explanation starts at 0:30)...

They are still digging tunnels to the south in preparations for an attack and have been doing so for 60 years. Every once in a while the tunnels are found.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NidyQ3rvfxA

I would keep an eye on our now "defected" Dennis Rodman....he could have been handed a "gift" to bring back to the US for his new boy pal

mil has been stockpiling patriots in japan/ SK for a while in anticipating NK getting antsy

I retired from a place that made what we lovingly called "GLOW IN THE DARK RECTUM ROCKETS". They need to stop and make sure they want to enter into such an exchange with the US.

Seriously, I hope it NEVER happens.

I think the consensus about NK is that he won't do anything that would lead to him being removed from power. So while he makes a ton of threats, he really never does anything. Now, that could change once Iran becomes a player (and we all know Iran will). If it were up to me, I'd drop a few reminders on NK just to fuck with them but once Iran becomes a player his threats might become reality.

Honestly, I have NO idea why Israel hasn't just kicked the shit out of Iran already but I suspect it's because of the U.S.' new anti-Israel stance and constant meddling. Either way, it'll be interesting to see what happens when Iran does get the bomb, will they be like NK and just make decades of empty threats or will they actually use their bomb to nuke Israel/U.S.?

You better hope that don't happen... Do you know what that will do to oil and gas prices in the U.S.? :(

You better hope that don't happen... Do you know what that will do to oil and gas prices in the U.S.? :(

Sh*t... someone can let a stinky fa*t in the gulf and gas prices will go up 50 cents a gallon. I can't imagine what a major release would do.

Point taken.

A war is unwinable from the air alone.

A groundwar is unwinnable in the "modern" way the US fights, with the rules of engagement as they are.

To anyone interested in some war history, study the Punic wars between Rome and Carthage. Rome did eventually win with a "phyric victory", which is to say their losses were huge. They only eventually won via what they called "decimate" (pronounced dess-eh-mot-eh), which our word "decimate" comes from:

They lined up every single Carthigian citizen, and literally killed 9 of every 10, leaving the tenth alive to tell the tale.

It would be interesting to see what the U.S. would do in a full blown ground war in the 21st century. Everyone throws around the same crap that if the North attacked then they would cease to exist...surely if we went all out, but is the USA in the position and ready to do that anymore? Hell from WW2 and earlier wars were won by simple mass destruction, either until the enemy gave up or was wiped out. The USA hasnt known that kind of warfare for over 70 years...and even then it took several WMDs to end it. I dont think NK will make anything of it but it is definately interesting to ponder.

little-man-syndrome_259116-700x_zps79b13eb8.jpeg

also

+1 for US Navy missile defense youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/AegisBMD

...and In other news today, Kim Il Un's pet Chihuahua Thor escaped its leash, charged its master, evaded Un's kick, and rendered total destruction upon his porcine corpus. Unfortunately, a bottle of American made bourbon was dropped and shattered in the midst of the melee and had to be declared a total loss...

Last edited:
    While ludicrous to some, such threats not entirely outside the realm of possibility.

Looking up to see the flash may be looking in the wrong direction. I say, look South.

Cartel attention could probably be garnered for a gaggle of those suitcases of cash the Norkies have been circumnavigating the world carrying. Maybe too big for a warhead, a NorNuke might just fit quite nicely down one of those tunnels that keep 'magically' appearing underneath the border. Maybe a foreign flag vessel in an American port, any American port. Norfolk, for instance...

Why vaporize when you can ineptly irradiate several hundred (thousand?) square miles of prime (strategic?) American real estate with radioactive fallout.

On second thought, maybe not the Cartels; the entire Norkie economy may not be capable of mustering that kind of money...

Greg

Last edited:
    I can't believe after all this country has proven it can do to bullies there are still dummies stupid enough to tout their chest at us. "A little higher.......a little higher........a little to the left.........right there, "POW"

We had more than one shot to tag his Grandfather, and Father, while they were inspecting and recording tape in the caves that the speakers were in just above the 38th.
    Bottom line, he like his kin are good for the US war machine. They run their lips, we spend more on a threat that is totally B/S and both sides win, in their publics eyes.
    It's a Win, Win for all involved,.......whats not to like?

I know; I'd really like to take Un more seriously,. but...

Him and Imadinnahjaquette...

Actually got to visit the DMZ and Panmunjom c. 1992. NK's are fundamentally nuts. Potemkin village and 7-foot-tall guards around the 'peace talks' table are reflective of a xenophobic, insane regime. Their nukes are a worry... but they have something like 100K artillery tubes pointed at Seoul and the 50K American Troops manning the Z. Probably more of a worry than their nukes if they ever wanted to really move.

Nukes in the hands of people who are nuts is not good. But the NK's (while nuts) are logical in their own way. I just don't see them lighting one off. But they would happily sell a nuke for hard currency or just give one to some durka-durka-jihad-Mohammed-type who would pop one in a heartbeat.

WRT the NK's, there is realistically nothing we're going to do about them. Land War in Asia is a bad idea. Air strikes in NK are pretty hard to justify under any circumstance, and there is no precedent in the region. Best bet is to hope for missile defense (Patriots?) or that Kim Jong Un is just a chihuahua and nothing will happen because Kim Jonh Un has to 'talk tough' to keep 'his' generals in line while he consolidates his own power and legitimizes his position. The same thing was going on with Kim Jong Il in the 1990's. Thus the issue in NK is likely not Un. It's the military-industrial complex (ie. Generals) who are the real moonbats in all this.

IMHO... non-issue. Yakkity Yak, don't talk back. As far as it will go. Un may be a lot more Western/reasonable than his idiot father. He has to talk tough for his generals until he holds the reins of power. But IMHO, he has the potential to bring Glasnost to NK.

Cheers,

Sirhr

N. Korea has made the same threat many times, one time, they [north Korean leadership] even said something along the lines of, " You (America) should be worried more about your west coast..." We in the USA still allow 100s of tons of American Grown Grain to find its way to North Korea, every year, we are in fact feeding the Norths War Machine. It is just tooooo bad those that are funding the feeding of the north and allowing grain shipments don't all live on the west coast!

N. Korea has made the same threat many times, one time, they [north Korean leadership] even said something along the lines of, " You (America) should be worried more about your west coast..." We in the USA still allow 100s of tons of American Grown Grain to find its way to North Korea, every year, we are in fact feeding the Norths War Machine. It is just tooooo bad those that are funding the feeding of the north and allowing grain shipments don't all live on the west coast!

Its a tough call. SUPPOSEDLY that grain is going to feed starving people. Unlikely they will get much of it if they are not in the military.

Quit with all the stupid sanctions talk and just simply cut off all aid in total from anybody (well except what the Chinese decide to do) and tell them we are leaving them alone.
    See how long they keep up with no food, no fuel and no other goods being given to them.
    I bet they start freaking out and demanding free food or they will go to war. Then just sit back and say NO... But if you go attack SK to provoke us, we will simply annihilate whatever base you launched your attack from and yes you are free to launch rockets all you want.... We are free to do live fire tests of our missile defense systems on anything flying over international waters.

But then again good strong statements require that people actually believe you will do it. Kind of like when Bush made Ghadaffi an offer he couldn't refuse, Bush had just invaded 2 countries and had a good reputation in Europe and the middle east as a warmongerer, so Ghadaffi was all quick to do the deal as he was pretty sure that "Regime Change" was going to be coming his way if he didn't.

I believe once the threat was made, the war is on. Just like if someone with a gun said, "If you don't.......I'll kill you with this gun", I believe you have the right to protect yourself. A nuclear / non nuclear preemptive strike to remove the threat would be in the best interest of the world. The idea that we will act or should only act After a nuclear attack against millions of Americans is insane.

I believe once the threat was made, the war is on. Just like if someone with a gun said, "If you don't.......I'll kill you with this gun", I believe you have the right to protect yourself. A nuclear / non nuclear preemptive strike to remove the threat would be in the best interest of the world. The idea that we will act or should only act After a nuclear attack against millions of Americans is insane.

That's what I thought when I first read the article...kinda like if the guy down the street says' Im going to blow you away". He might wake up to a surprise one day...like his house burning down around him.