• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Name The Manufacturer

THEIS

Hi, Sincerely
Banned !
Minuteman
  • Hi,

So the Asian countries are not really my specialty so maybe someone here can name the manufacturer of this rifle scope, laser and optics combo pictured here..

Laser Unit.jpg

Sincerely,
    Theis

Guessing the little arm in front is a prism display to view the distance and DOF in the scope.

A little more info here. I can't find anything on the optics, probably through Norinco as well.

Not a ton of info but perhaps the dates and events listed may reveal more.
    The rifle system is also used by the Philippine and Venezuelan military, no idea if they get the same optic packages.

There also seems to be a larger .338 Lapua model.

darn I was going to guess it's the new super soaker 28000 extreme where the shooter provides the water you just can't see the hose fittings that attach man and the water gun .:ROFLMAO:

One semi-educated guess is that the optic in the first pic is made by whoever makes Arken; the turret housing, objective and power ring are very similar.

The older pictures sans LRF seem to be similar to the older Athlon scopes with the funky oval-ish shaped housing where the parallax knob is offset from the others.

Other funny thing I just noticed. Both of them have binder clips taped on to the chassis for dope/range cards

Reactions: Tchitcherine
    is that a periscope hud in front of the scope? hard to tell from the angle

Supposedly sold as a system. The scopes have the same prefix of CS, so I’d assume they are also made by norinco. Two scope models come to when you search the CS/LR4A sniper system. One is the CS/OS15(8-32), and the CS/OS20(4-15). That’s where I have dead ended but my guess is it’s a whole package branded norinco.

Hi,

So the Asian countries are not really my specialty so maybe someone here can name the manufacturer of this rifle scope, laser and optics combo pictured here..

View attachment 7696570

Sincerely,
    Theis

Supposedly sold as a system. The scopes have the same prefix of CS, so I’d assume they are also made by norinco. Two scope models come to when you search the CS/LR4A sniper system. One is the CS/OS15(8-32), and the CS/OS20(4-15). That’s where I have dead ended but my guess is it’s a whole package branded norinco.
    That’s the same info I found about the scope and night vision.

Found reference to a: CS/OB1 laser rangefinder /ballistic calculation computer system

Also this tidbit:
    Poor design of early white light sights

The CS/OS15 and CS/OS17 two types of sights equipped with the CS/LR4 at the beginning have many problems when users actually use them, such as high magnification (both are only 8 to 32 times adjustable), The field is narrow, which affects the observation and search and the continuous shooting of multiple targets in different directions. In addition, the rear reticle of this type of sight does not change with the magnification. It can only use the dense scale of the reticle to aim and measure at 20 times. Other magnifications need to be converted. However, because the zoom handwheel is continuously adjustable, it is difficult to calculate accurately. In addition, the scale unit of the reticle adjustment handwheel is MOA, and the scale unit of the reticle scale is dense, so the adjustment and calculation are quite cumbersome.

It was not improved until the improved CS/OS20A white light sight was used: the sight was changed to 4-15 times adjustable, the cross-density line reticle adopts a front design, and the sight reticle has an interval of 1 density. There is a dense position line, and the dense position value represented by the dense position line does not change at any magnification; the mirror body is equipped with a horizontal and vertical division adjustment handwheel, each gear is 0.05 dense position, and there is also a variable The multiplying hand wheel and the focusing hand wheel can adjust the magnification and focal length, and the performance is much higher than that of CS/OS15 and CS/OS17.

I assume "white light" = daylight.

I guess if anyone here reads chinese, maybe they could tell us what it says?

Attachments

• D7A4A10D-8F97-4FD3-9B61-12469B746A49.jpeg
      D7A4A10D-8F97-4FD3-9B61-12469B746A49.jpeg
      345.2 KB · Views: 179
    • 4237817C-90C3-4C64-922C-CE6765070632.jpeg
      4237817C-90C3-4C64-922C-CE6765070632.jpeg
      276.2 KB · Views: 137
    • 2A064924-004F-4FF2-BD9A-963174EEE23B.jpeg
      2A064924-004F-4FF2-BD9A-963174EEE23B.jpeg
      169.6 KB · Views: 129
    I guess if anyone here reads chinese, maybe they could tell us what it says?
    Specs I got from reading it:

Magnification: 8-32x
    Weight: 1.05 kg
    Length: 350 mm
    Objective Lens: 54 mm
    SFP
    Exit Pupil: 65-62 mm (I'm not sure if there might be a dot I'm missing)
    Focus Distance: 15 m - inf
    Illumination: R/G LED, suitable for dusk/dawn/night use, perhaps not daylight bright

Last edited:
    Reactions: roostercogburn98
    Well I read post before thinking of who posted it... Think to myself another guy with google-fu as bad as mine

Then I realize @THEIS posted it...

I now imagine a small group of contractors taking down military bases just to download all the files on weapon system contracts...

• Haha
    Reactions: MCHOG
    Hi,

Just FWIW the picture I posted is from yesterday, lol

Sincerely,
    Theis

Did you get behind it?

I dont know anything about the gear but the whole presentation strikes me as......

Having all the elements of what their research shows is a practical precision rifle.

They than take those elements and kind of jazz them up a little, somehow making them look cheaper than the parts they had seen in research.

Its like the philosophy "Look we have all the features, therefore this is a great rifle" but it ends up just looking cheap and prone to breakage.

Not that I want them to change anything...Carry on China.

Is their stuff actually good or more of the "Good enough, and easy to replace because the conscripts are going to never get a completely functioning rifle"

Hi,

Well sadly the China Snow Leopards SF units are pretty much undefeated at every International Warrior competition they participate in at KASOTC in which they were up against various USA, German, British, etc etc elements.

IIRC the only unit to ever beat them was the Russian supplied unit of Chechnyans.

Sincerely,
    Theis

Hi,

Well sadly the China Snow Leopards SF units are pretty much undefeated at every International Warrior competition they participate in at KASOTC in which they were up against various USA, German, British, etc etc elements.

IIRC the only unit to ever beat them was the Russian supplied unit of Chechnyans.

Sincerely,
    Theis

That's biased to include that much driving.

Hi,

Sincerely,
    Theis

I'm guessing eventually somebody is going to decide it's not worth trying to compete and will deploy fully autonomous swarms of kill bots with no human intelligence in the decision loop, designed to eliminate everything organic or machine that's not tagged, and then a whole new era of warfare dawns.

Reactions: Tchitcherine
    Interesting side note...
    Totally new and just fielded "system" but not suppressed.

Also....
    Every image of this with a shooter on it shows the optic really, really high above the receiver which is no biggie because of the adjustable comb yet....every shooter in running the cheek rest way too low and basically shooting with a chin weld. This showcases a different ideology from our own teachings or no ideology at all.

Also ...
    Note that the stock has material running from the bottom of what would have been a Satanic AR15 pistol grip that technically makes it a thumbhole stock thus making it California compliant. LOL....

./

Reactions: JLP83
    Hi,

View attachment 7696570

Sincerely,
    Theis
    Sorry. But I can tell you I sure wouldn't like to be the object of his affections downrange! That thing looks SERIOUS !!!

Hi,

Sincerely,
    Theis
    Its kinda interesting how Kadirov's Chechens are now some of the Russian most loyal 'subjects' , after fighting two brutal wars

So much so that everytime you see Checheni ,Dagestani units deployed near the hotspot , things are ready to get hot ,till there are no Chechen units there , its just an excersize .