• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

name the rifle stock

Re: name the rifle stock

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KingKong</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

LIPS
=
Lincoln improved precision stock
(system)

</div></div>
+1

12", that sound nice, I will have to consider it!!

The telescopic one is getting under my skin.....

It looks very GOOD , I may have too buy one , about the ONLY thing I would do , is have the hole's spaced so you can chop the forend much shorter if req'd , IF someones wants a more compact/lighter chassis , say for hunting etc .

Again very nice .

Later Chris

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ChrisF</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
It looks very GOOD , I may have too buy one , about the ONLY thing I would do , is have the hole's spaced so you can chop the forend much shorter if req'd , IF someones wants a more compact/lighter chassis , say for hunting etc .

Again very nice .

Later Chris</div></div>

Crap, I'd like to see a place where you could ADD length to the forend!!

I'm sure it couldn't be too hard to machine something like that. Quess you can't ever please everybody.....

It would be easy to do a carbine version, but you'd run into problems mounting a night vision scope in front of the dayscope.
a bolt on length extender would also be no problem to add.

Ive a plan (as soon as the IWA is out the way) to make a hunting rifle version of this, working on an idea for handguard and rear buttstock made from carbon fiber

The stock is multi adaptable.

Pete

The stock looks great Pete!
I'll sign up for one if you will make an inlet for the Sauer STR.

PRSS - Precision Roedale Sniper Stock or just:
PRS - Precision Rifle Stock - like: "Roedale PRS"
MPRS - Modular Precision Rifle Stock or just:
MPR - Modular Precision Rifle

What? No one here likes TWATS...

smile.gif

I like TWATS

Nice looking stock by the way... very nice

This type of stock is the future of firearms stocks... Tactical ones at least

more CAD pics of new kit. this is a link to the RCS II, alls at the IWA2010

http://www.roedale.de/epages/index.htm

and before anyone comments on the AIAX likeness, I took an anglegrinder to some AICS side skins right after the IWA2009 and removed the thumbhole and some more. ( burned my thumb on the molten plastic too) and that was long before i saw anything new from AI.

Pete

RCS II should be same as RCS 1 but inklude a mag, and if i can make them cheaper i will.
The no name,, not sure until i get quotes back for series anodising and nitrating.

as for the name, what about

Role Adaptive Precision Tactical Riflestock "Raptor"

?? I need a name for the sod, otherwise the flyers for the IWA aint happening,.

Pete

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: _9H</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wow - it is just me or are all these stocks (Ashbury, Sage, AI, McCree) starting to look the same?

Oh - new name - GMS - Generic Modular Stock </div></div>

They mave have 'similar designs" but this Roedale stock looks a bit more "Engineered" than most others. This will be the one I buy hands down.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pete Lincoln</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
<span style="font-weight: bold">Telescopic Version</span>
RCSIII_02.jpg
</div></div>

Man,

The more I look at this, the more I like it. I've taken a lot of looks at McCree but I can't stand the look of their pistol grip. It just ruin's the whole look for me, makes it look cheap. With that said I've been told that the McCree is in fact a good piece of kit. It's just a personal preference.

I wonder if you will still be able to manipulate the bolt when the stock is collapsed. It appears the check piece may get in the way. The good thing is Pete mentioned an adapter that would allow you the choice between 3 different styles. (Collapsible, Folding, AR-Type)

It looks great Pete, and I can't wait to see it.

-Pat

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: He_Shoot _Me</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Man,

The more I look at this, the more I like it. I've taken a lot of looks at McCree but I can't stand the look of their pistol grip. It just ruin's the whole look for me, makes it look cheap. With that said I've been told that the McCree is in fact a good piece of kit. It's just a personal preference.

-Pat </div></div>

The McCree pistol grip you so abhor is bolted on like any other A2 grip and can be replaced with the A2 grip variant of your choice. You might have to mod your grip a bit to fit the McCree, but you are not stuck with the grip that comes on it.

Can't wait to hear the price, hopefully I can get one with a 16" forend!!

This stock is sick, I like te RAPTOR for the name.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: _9H</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: He_Shoot _Me</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Man,

-Pat </div></div>

The McCree pistol grip you so abhor is bolted on like any other A2 grip and can be replaced with the A2 grip variant of your choice. You might have to mod your grip a bit to fit the McCree, but you are not stuck with the grip that comes on it. </div></div>

Thanks 9H, that's good to know. I would have never suspected one could "mod your grip a bit to fit the McCree."

-Mr. Abhor

I carved up one of those funky PSG-1 AR grips to fit the McCree for another 'hider. Think I did it with a hacksaw and a file. It was no big deal.

Hello Pete,
just took a look at the new RCS II stock which looks great.
Will you also produce a foldable version?

B/R
Markus

Hi Marcus, yes we will produce a foldable version, but it will be later in the year,
The current-shortly to be released RCS II is available for Remington 700 SA & Clones, Tikka T3 (308win/WSM type and .223 once the AI 223 mags get circulated) Tikka T3 (6.5x55-338winmag)
Howa 1500 SA.
We want to expand that to include the long Rem 700, Sako TRG, Savage, Sig STR200(prototyp exists already). One of the Steyr SSG's, Mauser 98, Sako 75 (later also 85)Probably Win70.We've also had requests for the Badger action footprint, and will do and any others that we get enough requests to make.
We need to get the ball rolling and get the money back in on the side pannel molding tooling before we spend again on folder tooling. But yes, we will be doing a folder.
Pete

YES , a smaller lighter , folding , carbon fibre hunting vesion would be great .

Later Chris

Role - Adaptive. Precision. Tactical. Riflestock. "Raptor"

has it then.

thanks for all the input, keep it going, any one at the IWA 2010 stop by our booth. ( Hall 3, stand 741) and take a look,
regards Pete

First of all I like both of the stocks pretty much but it would be awesome if the foldable stock would have a picantinny rail on the bottom too for people you would like to install a harris bipod for example.

I would call it RTSS = Roedale Tactical Sniper Stock/System

Are both stocks available for .338Lm? Or did they have different regulations?

Dominion ARS (advanced rifle stock) or ninja killer.

Great thanks Pete, how about the caliber choice? Are both Stocks for all calibers? In my case like you know for the .338LM Sako TRG 42 System?

Pete, no wonder you are busy.

Very nice project, also the hunting version sounds interesting...
Glad I got a Howa of yours so it will be easy to use one of those .

How are the Avengers II doing??

BYOB
build your optimum boomer

modular system by rodale

no savage short action????

I think you would be surprised at how many people who have a Steyr SSG ( I'm talking of the rifles based off the SSG69 action ) , would like a better stock , and maybe a metal magazine .

later Chris

Gyr, busy is an understatement,and ive half a morning (wasted) listening to the suppressor finale presentation at the university this morning, and back in GB at the weekend ! at least i get time to look at the hide when i'm running the engraver. you need to come and pick up your .300Ultra by the way.
Badbot. which savage model do you want. We can do the savages and are planning, but not seeing many savages over here there seems to be some confusion in exactly which model is which.
Chris, yep i hear you, and plenty of requests for that, there will be several more options on fit for action type comming along in the near future.
Pete

I´ll fly in after the IWA.. BTW bad remorse affecting me for not going....

PIC_0489.jpg
PIC_0500.jpg

just back from the IWA. images show our latest sniper rifle in the Raptor folding stock, we are also calling this rifle by the same name ( <span style="font-style: italic">Roedale-Avenger-Precision-Tactical-Ops-Rifle</span> would be the name i guess)
and the telescopic version in the display cabinet.
We've a few slight changes to make to the stocks, that will be done by the end of next week then its full on production.
changes are.
1. pistol grip needs to go back a bit.
2.Thread butt spile shaft and tilt butt spike release plunger to match thread angle, this gives fast adjustment through the plunger and fine by turning the spike.
3.Add Locking catch for fold mechanism
4. make the stock lighter, which is easy anough, we've plenty of meat to go at.

and on the telescopic version, shape a rear hand grip area to cover the cheek piece platform rod.

The stock at the mo weighs 2.8kg in the folding version, this can be reduced considerably.
The Raptro sniper rifle, with supressor and bipod weighs 7.4kg without optics, thats too heavy, we can get that down by 1kg easy enough.
regards Pete

this stock looks great pete!
i have a few questions :
will it be available for my howa 1500, and what will it cost?
what about the RCS2 what will that one cost.

looking forward to buying one of these

thumbs up on making it lighter if you end up in the range of an aiaw that would rock ( ~14 lbs?)

The Raptor looks really nice. But your right, it's a little heavy. As light as possible I would say. Adding weight is easy byt the other way is very difficult on a finnished rifle... Can't you make the pistol grip adjustable in angle and forward/rearward?

/ Johan

I just homed in on this topic.

I, for one, am fed up all the way to my eyebrows with cutesy acronyms.

I say, call it the Roedale Javelin Stock, and be done with it.

Greg

PS Oops, just finished reading the whole topic and saw the Raptor moniker. Well, how 'bout 'Javelin' for the next one, eh?

lighter is no problem, its like a girder at the mo.

RCS II for Howa 1500, thats one of the standard inletts,
we will do the raptor stock for the Howa at some point down the line definately,.

Raptor is a suitable name,.., hovers or sits in wait for a target, then homes in from long distance, bringing death from afar in a deadly swoop.. and the accrynim suits too,

regards Pete

I had the chance to play a little with the Raptor at the IWA.
A very nice piece of gear.
It was still a prototyp but Pete allready had his mind set up to get al the changes done he wrote earlyer about.

What I like is that you have 4 stock options.
Fixed, tube-style for AR15-typ stocks, a folder like the one hanging on the wall and the telescopic version you see behind glass.
Both stocks feel rock-solid. The moving parts are not moving at all unless you tell them.
All in all I can say that it is a well engeniered stock.

He had no price as I asked but during our conversation I figured out that it could be a little more then the RCS (750Euro). He had no bill from the CNC-guy´s yet.

For those of you how never have meet Pete I can say that he is a hell of a nice guy and he knows very well what he is talking about.

Cheers,

Gunner