• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

NASCAR is Now "Woke"

Freedom is freedom. You either have it or you don't. Right now it's in doubt. If a flag or a statue can cripple you emotionally, then you are too weak. It is that weakness that holds folks back, not a flag , statue or any symbol. The law says you are protected from physical harm. You are not protected emotionally from the harmless freedoms of others.

You are guaranteed equal opportunity. But you have to succeed on your own.

I am not a big fan of that flag. But it causes me no harm. JMHO

Donald doesn't like losers, so I wonder why he supports rednecks, white nationalists, KKK, etc.

BREAKING FAKE NEWS: Donald seen taking his bone spurs back into the WH Bunker... :eek:

Donald doesn't like losers, so I wonder why he supports rednecks, white nationalists, KKK, etc.

BREAKING FAKE NEWS: Donald seen taking his bone spurs back into the WH Bunker... :eek:
Feel free to post link to evidence of support of kkk. Typical of someone with DTS. talk out of your ass, but never any proof.

Fuck team sports. I never participated in any. Everything I did was an individual sport whereI relied on I, me, and myself for the outcome.
Shocker! I guess potential teammates didn’t respond to the pork chop momma placed around your neck like your dog did!
Jai Alai, Calf roping and an obstacle course are the more diverse sports I have been in. For the mean spirited, my parents are both deceased, may they RIP!
Well they likely just rolled over when they saw the bullshit you posted about your extensive athletic experience! I bet all your girlfriends went to different high schools too! Oh that’s right, you didn’t need a girlfriend...you calf-roped with a goal in mind!

If ignorance were a valuable commodity...you would have wealth beyond the dreams of avarice.

With NASCAR (...and probably most other national sports), the driver is probably the last individual queried on the choice of Sponsors and/or the Wrap Scheme on their cars. His presence is simply a convenient hook from which to hang an Agenda.

If somebody did that to me, associated my name with something I may, or may not be, in agreement with; I'd be pissed. But really, if that's the case; then I'm beginning recognize why we see racing road rage from time to time. They're all in that same boat together.

Their job is to hold the attention of the viewers and spout the Boilerplate Spiel about who's such a great supporter of their team, their car, and the sport. It simply doesn't matter much to this schema whether that driver actually supports the sponsor, or the Team Owners' choices. It's not any more personal to them than a Nike endorsement in Basketball (which their personal business managers negotiate), or their faces on the Wheaties box (ibid).

To keep that sponsorship, they have to get that Post Race interview.

No win, no sponsorship, no money, no further chance of winning. NASCAR race vehicles don't run on fuel; they run on money. The drivers are required, in their contracts, to publicly embrace and tout whoever coughs up the cash that pays for the Wrap Scheme on the car. It's a business, and that's a business decision.

More to the point is where that money is coming from.

When I see BLM sponsorship; I suspect I'm really seeing sponsorship from The Usual Suspects, like Soros, etc....

YMMV

Greg

PS, my business (GWL Services, Inc.) (Solo Programmer Analyst, in other words me and my pockets, period) sponsored a Dirt Track 355 Small Block Sedan at Black Rock Speedway in Dundee, NY.

Unlike other sponsors who gave a check at an annual race car party, I wanted my car/driver choice to win. If the driver/owner placed a certain position he got $X, or if he placed higher he got a bigger $Y, and if he won, he got $Z++. Money always got paid the Monday after the race.

For the two years I sponsored my driver, he won the championship both years. We were genuinely good friends, and I spent a lot of time in the pits for him. Dick "aka Dick in the Dirt" Karlnoski, car 55X.

I sponsored him in 1998 and 1999, back in the better days when I was recovering from my second Lymphoma (1996-97), and before my CABGx4 Heart Attack (2004). I folded my business in 1999.

Last edited: