• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Natchez Shooters Supply Question

mlturner265

Private
Minuteman
Nov 12, 2012
Tennessee
Just wondering if someone knows the reason Natchez will not sell to customers in TN AL or GA. Also was wanting to know if it is possible to pick up an order from Natchez in person since I only live a couple hours away in TN.

They do not, I work in Knoxville and tried my hardest to get some primers when they had and was willing to drive to Chat. They don't want to mess with sales tax is only reason I can fathom. Ass hats 110%, even the customer rep I spoke to on the phone was a dick when I asked how come they won't sell to someone in their own state. He did not answer, just stated its their policy.

I think I've ordered once or twice. It's rare to see a price other suppliers can't beat.

mlt,

They have dealer contracts they have to honor. At least that's what they told me when I inquired.

HTH,
DocB

Thanks for the answers. I could believe the sales tax for TN but they do not sell to AL or GA. Sometimes they have a decent deal or something I can't find elsewhere. Wideners and Midsouth SS are in TN and I know Wideners allows pickup one or two days a week and Midsouth allows pickup during business hours. It just seems that they are missing out on a good amount of business since all three of these states have lots of gun owners.

I'm no world class economist, but it seems like a poor business practice to me.

Natchez is also a distributor to gun shops. They cover that market, so they do not want to compete with their hwolesale customers.

Actually, it is a good thing, as it helps keep local shops in business.

I've talked with them in the past (I live between Knoxville and Oak Ridge)

They started out as a wholesale operation. The internet turned them into a direct to customers operation, but they choose not to compete with their clients who run retail operations. I can respect that.