• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Navy Mk11 Mod 2 scope

USMCsean

Former Jarhead
Minuteman
  • Feb 22, 2014
    Ohio
    Hey gents, I am trying to find the Navy Nightforce scope used on the Mk11 Mod 2. Does anyone know what that is exactly?
    395C1C6C-FFF3-48D3-BFB1-C6D39C738500.png

Someone will be along shortly with the correct info, but I believe it is the NXS 5.5-22, mil-dot.

eta: there were some versions made with custom-to-the-Navy-only reticles though.

Now I really can't remember. I may be confusing the MK13 scope and reticles. I had an issued MK11 at one point, but it had a Leupold MK4 on it that I do not believe originally came with the gun.

It’s a F1 3.5-15x50 NXS marked “milspec” with a mildot reticle.

This is what I’ve heard from a few people now with the NF scopes. That they were SFP. And that just baffles me. Why wouldn’t they be FFP?

I never handled a legit one so I’d go with what he said. My info came from a call to KAC a few years back. But I’d go with someone who handled it themselves

Didn’t some of the Marine mk11’s come with a 3.5-10 FFP Leupold ?

Shit, I thought they came with Mk4's. The Barrett .50's did, which was a joke.

The Army M110 used a Leupold Mark 4 3.5-10. Essentially, the Mk11 Mod2 is an M110 by a different name, just for the Marines. This would be around 2008 / 2009. Until then, the Mk11 Mod 0 was produced in very modest numbers, largely for USN Seals and some USMC snipers. The M110 was produced in very large numbers for the Army and USMC.

@longshot2000 Where did you get this information?

Now I am questioning myself if it was SFP or FFP. For some reason I was quite sure it was FFP. Was that the question ? Given the timeline I just cited, I am going to guess it had to have been SFP. And the other scopes should be for the Mod 0, not the Mod 1. The Mod 1 was in production for a very short period of time.

Last edited:
    The Army M110 used a Leupold Mark 4 3.5-10. Essentially, the Mk11 Mod2 is an M110 by a different name, just for the Marines. This would be around 2008 / 2009. Until then, the Mk11 Mod 0 was produced in very modest numbers, largely for USN Seals and some USMC snipers. The M110 was produced in very large numbers for the Army and USMC.

Now I am questioning myself if it was SFP or FFP. For some reason I was quite sure it was FFP. Was that the question ? Given the timeline I just cited, I am going to guess it had to have been SFP. And the other scopes should be for the Mod 0, not the Mod 1. The Mod 1 was in production for a very short period of time.
    The Mk11 Mod 2 was issued to NSW. If someone has FIRST HAND info or pics of a Mk11 Mod 2 marked gun in the USMC, I'd love to see it, because every single USMC picture where the engraving is visible says "M110." Why is everyone all of a sudden calling the Marine rifle a Mk11 Mod 2?

The Navy Mk11 Mod 2s I've shot had a 3.5-15x50 SFP Mil Dot with .25 MOA adjustments. Anyone have FIRST HAND experience with something else?

Its a shame when the internet gets filled with bogus information from guys that have no idea what they're talking about....what ends up happening is that guys read this stuff and take it as gospel. It distorts the history of American military small arms, and that is very unfortunate.

Last edited:
    Reactions: MAC08
    Curious, does KAC swap out the tan Leupolds for those S&B's and NF's or is this what they're putting on 'em when they get 'em? I know eventually new scopes had to be purchased for the M107's. ANY Mk4 on top of that thing was ridiculous, particularly the one it came with.

The M110 and Mk11 deployment kits all pretty much come with the same stuff IIRC. Which would include that tan Leupold LR/T. I honestly can't recall if it's FFP or SFP, it came along RIGHT when I got out, only SF had 'em at that time. And I don't recall seeing any over there, they were still playing with Troy SOPMOD and the then new and unseen SAGE M14's w/anodized camo --man I wanted one right away when they handed me that.

Sometimes units or even individual soldiers will equip a rifle with a non-issued optic, generally if it's better. It depends on the unit and what they get away with. We got away with quite a lot. I don't know what they're doing today, but judging from what I've seen at Ft. Lewis, they get away with a lot more than they used to on a whole.

I have an M110 issued right now. it has a Leupold 3.5-10 on it. I had a MK11 issued in the 2006 time frame. Mod 0 maybe? IDK for sure. It also had a Leupold 3.5-10. Both Leupy's were/are mil dot reticles and .25 moa turrets.

I am not a military small arms historian, but it is my understanding that the M110 was only a 20" version, and the MK11 was only a 14.5" version. That is how mine were/are set up.

I have a new SR25 20", same as the new M110 except it has an LMT stock instead of a Magpul stock and a flash hider instead of a brake. Anyway, I went ahead and put a USO 3.2-17 TPAL w/milGAP reticle. Red illum., mil, etc., in a Badger one piece mount. It's a really nice optic for that rifle, even if a bit on the large and heavy side. So I say put on it what floats your boat. This one was just a stopgap for another one but I decided to keep it on there. It's just right for what that rifle does, and though I'd like a S&B for it, it's just not gonna happen right now. I guess I'd buy the S&B or Nightforce FFP mil/mil if I had to buy one, and I'd also consider the new USO optics, the B17 and B10 if you want lower power. All of those are good and tough and well made.

You can also buy used here or on Ebay and still get the warranty.

I have an M110 issued right now. it has a Leupold 3.5-10 on it. I had a MK11 issued in the 2006 time frame. Mod 0 maybe? IDK for sure. It also had a Leupold 3.5-10. Both Leupy's were/are mil dot reticles and .25 moa turrets.

I am not a military small arms historian, but it is my understanding that the M110 was only a 20" version, and the MK11 was only a 14.5" version. That is how mine were/are set up.
    Most mk11 mod 0 are 20 inch barrels. Extremely early examples or the Delta Force commissioned mk11's were 24 inches.

I have a true Navy Mk11 Mod0 which came with a black Leupold Mk4 3-10x40 FFP. I would have to look at the original paperwork but I believe the rifle was built in 2009.
    That was also the time frame when NF first released their first FFP 3-15x50 F1 scope.
    One would tend to believe that if the Navy spec Leupold was a FFP during that era than they would have switched over to a NF FFP but who knows.
    During that time frame the Navy Mk13's were equipped with a few different NF scopes of which were a NF 3-15x50 F1 FFP.
    There has also been report that CAG bought 100 S&B PMII 4-16x42 for their MOD2/M110.

Last edited: