• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Navy SEAL super-rifle: $25K

Re: Navy SEAL super-rifle: $25K

There is no way in hell that thing is worth 25k. I will bet it doesn't get bid past 2k.

new seller with no feedback im calling bullshit. i dont think that NSW uses anything remotely close to that

For that price they must have left out that it includes a suppressor, Simrad, a shit pile of ammo and and a week stay at Hugh Hefner's place. That whole auction is retarded.

someone who is registered there should ask him to post pictures of the markings on it.

I don't know so I am asking but would the navy ask for a trigger spec at 4.1 kg or would they use pounds and ounces? That seems a bit off base.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: oldgrayone</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't know so I am asking but would the navy ask for a trigger spec at 4.1 kg or would they use pounds and ounces? That seems a bit off base. </div></div>

i think he did a cut and paste from this: link

Ha! That's some funny shit right there ... I'll take my Savage 10 FCP McMillan with my 3.5-15 NXS anyday over this for $23,000.00 less.
smirk.gif

But wait it comes with a Dewey rod! Hmmm...

I don't care what agency uses that thing, it is ugly and boring imo.

I'll set the over/under at 1500, end of auction. Step right up, place your bets!!!

we have 1 for the under

it looks like a pos. i like the nuts that scure the rings to the base lol, and the bold looks spray painted with that primer

IF I recall correctly, RAD was selling a civilian version of the SEAL rifleabout 10 years ago for around $6500.

Here is what Janes says about it:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">RAD M91 and M91A2 sniper rifles (United States), Sniper and special purpose rifles

Development
The RAD 7.62 mm M91 sniper rifle was developed by Redick Arms Development (RAD) in co-operation with the US Navy, to meet the requirements of US Naval Special-Warfare units. The US Navy has procured the M91 for Sea/Air/Land (SEAL) teams and for some other US special-operations units.

Description
The RAD 7.62 mm M91 sniper rifle is a conventional bolt-action rifle based on the Remington 700 bolt action allied with a match-grade 416R stainless-steel cut-rifled barrel with a recessed crown. The trigger is also a Remington 700 component, reconfigured to meet US Navy specifications with a 1.4 kg pull. The total ammunition capacity is five rounds: four in the box magazine and one in the chamber.The stock is formed from Kevlar and glass fibre and has a black finish. The finish overall is corrosion resistant and meets MIL-STD-171-1.The standard optical sight is manufactured by Bausch & Lomb and is mounted on the rifle using proprietary ring mounts manufactured by Redick. Options include a left-hand action, Leupold telescopic sights and McMillan A-2 stocks.The M91 is guaranteed by the manufacturer to shoot within 0.5 Minute Of Angle (MOA), approximately 12.7 mm at 100 m.
</div></div>

Don't recall a fluted barrel.

Interesting the guy did not post a closeup of the engraved ifo.

Here is a pic I found of the RAD M91:

http://media.photobucket.com/image/RAD%2..._fires_M-91.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: elevenbravo1337</div><div class="ubbcode-body">it looks like a pos. i like the nuts that scure the rings to the base lol, and the bold looks spray painted with that primer </div></div>

i'm not sure what you are seeing wrong with the ring nuts. it could be spray paint finish or it could actually be something decent. it looks completely saturated with oil so it is hard to tell from the picture.

It looks like a run of the mill "deployment package" that's sold to civies. Those things go for about $2500 with optics and rings

It might or might not be legit(I have my doubts), but that doesn't justify the $25000 price tag! If it was DBM instead of floorplate, then maybe...

-V-

"Redick Arms Development, Llc

Is this your company?
Claim This Profile
413 W Cedar St
Rogers, AR 72756
Phone: (479) 636-3188
Business Categories
Small arms in Rogers, AR
Mfg Small Arms, Small Arms Manufacturing
Redick Arms Development, Llc Business Information
Claim This Profile

Redick Arms Development, Llc is a private company categorized under Small Arms and located in Rogers, AR. Current estimates show this company has an annual revenue of $50,000 and employs a staff of approximately 1."

<span style="color: #FF0000"><span style="font-weight: bold">Navy must have bought a shitload of them if their annual revenue is $50K.</span></span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Phylodog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"Redick Arms Development, Llc

Is this your company?
Claim This Profile
413 W Cedar St
Rogers, AR 72756
Phone: (479) 636-3188
Business Categories
Small arms in Rogers, AR
Mfg Small Arms, Small Arms Manufacturing
Redick Arms Development, Llc Business Information
Claim This Profile

Redick Arms Development, Llc is a private company categorized under Small Arms and located in Rogers, AR. Current estimates show this company has an annual revenue of $50,000 and employs a staff of approximately 1."

<span style="color: #FF0000"><span style="font-weight: bold">Navy must have bought a shitload of them if their annual revenue is $50K.</span></span> </div></div>

he must sell two rifles a year!
grin.gif

This has to be a listing for entertainment value only.

Just sad............

BUT..........

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PyNuriXG3BQ"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PyNuriXG3BQ" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just sad............

BUT..........

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PyNuriXG3BQ"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PyNuriXG3BQ" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object> </div></div>

no joke i was trying to post that and couldnt get it right lol

For that kind of money it should come with a Navy SEAL attched to it....

Some of the crap that comes up on gunbroker.com is friggin' staggering!

I am sure the US gov probably paid $25K each for them so he only had to make 2 a year.
It doesnt even come with a tacticool bolt knob so I have to pass. The stock sure resembles the mc millan used on the 40 X KS's.

Wait....wait....could it be? Yes! A Counter Sniper super scope!

Re: Here's my bet...

Piece of shit! I bet the scope has a duplex reticle to. Hahaha

Re: Here's my bet...

holy shit! I accidentaly hit the buy it now button! LOL, i was trying to bid $25 on it! hahahahahahaha

Earl Redick Is an Stand up guy, known him for several years. He did make a few rifle for NSW I dont know the cost but they were sure as hell not 25k ea.I have shot a few of them and were very accurate, did not care for the glass but it is whatthe navy wanted at the time. He also made a few BIG rifles in 14.5 Soviet. I have some pictures of his .50 rifle just a work of art,Expensive as hell but nice. It had a rotary magazine that holds 6 rds. R/ Mike

Umm......someone bought it.....WTF?

I hope the tool that posted this thing gets stuck with the $750+ charge that gunbroker is going to get him for. I am of course assuming the buyer isn't going to pay.

WOW thia is a break thru in accuracy
and I quote
"The M91 is guaranteed by the manufacturer to shoot within 0.5 Minute Of Angle (MOA),"

I liked the silver barrel and receiver. I am no sniper but i wouldnt think a true tactical weapon build for deployment would be left in stainless for all to see. This is definitely a bull shit auction. There was a Wilsom combat ar over there a while back for 900 bucks, so i called and the guy told me to send a money order to some PO box and that he was out of town and wouldnt be able to take my calls. I reported it to gun broker and sure enough it was a scam. This isn't even a scam, more like a Joke!! Lee

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TimResin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">wow some idiot actually bought it </div></div>

Um, I think that was USMCj....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USMCj</div><div class="ubbcode-body">holy shit! I accidentaly hit the buy it now button! LOL, i was trying to bid $25 on it! hahahahahahaha </div></div>

Now he has to buy it, or GunBroker will probably terminate his account.
It sure made the seller happy, at least for a few hours
smile.gif

I am not paying for that shit! And some of you need to learn how to read!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USMCj</div><div class="ubbcode-body">holy shit! I accidentaly hit the buy it now button! LOL, i was trying to bid $25 on it! hahahahahahaha </div></div>

Gunbroker can terminate my account all they want. Serves that moron right! listing the rifle for $25000!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USMCj</div><div class="ubbcode-body">holy shit! I accidentaly hit the buy it now button! LOL, i was trying to bid $25 on it! hahahahahahaha</div></div>

What did you write the guy, and what did he say?

Just said that I was trying to bid $25 and I hit the buy it now button by accident. Hasnt responded yet.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USMCj</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am not paying for that shit! And some of you need to learn how to read!

Gunbroker can terminate my account all they want. Serves that moron right! listing the rifle for $25000!</div></div>

Let us know how it shoots, and post some pics. hahahaha