• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing ND3 Green Light Laser for coyote hunting???

PharmShooter

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 16, 2011
Muncie, IN
Guys,

Does anyone have experience using the Laser Genetics ND3 green laser designator for coyote hunting? Please let me know your thoughts. Thanks!

Re: ND3 Green Light Laser for coyote hunting???

no experience with the nd3, but i have a Green XLR 250KillLight and it works fine out to 200yds. retails around $140.

I use the ND3 for night calling. Its more of a hundred yard proposition, but will pick up eyes very well much farther. Can be a pain to adjust to your field of view, so I left it a little loose in the ring to make quick bump adjustments.

I have one I use for predator hunting. I carry the ND3 as well as a spot light. I use the ND3 for picking up the eyes bouncing towards me/the call and the spot light when its time to shoot. I hunt with a buddy FYI. It works well that way.

-Z

There is a lot of chat about this light overon PredatorMasters. Seems more bad reivews than good...

I've got the 50mm version and it works great for me. Very bright and can use it to scan treelines out to 350-400 yards. Picks up eyes very well. I use it like a flashlight, and then use the spotlight when its time to shoot

I have not tried it in extremely cold temperatures yet (which seems to be everyones problem with them)

Has anyone known the coyotes to shy away from the light? I am getting conflicting reports on this. Some are saying yes and some are saying absolutely not.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PharmShooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Has anyone known the coyotes to shy away from the light? I am getting conflicting reports on this. Some are saying yes and some are saying absolutely not. </div></div>

I cannot answer for the coyote shying away from the light (yet) but the foxes don't mind at all. in fact, I have held the green laser on a fox who hung up in some thick stuff for approximately 5 minutes while he listened to my call. The light never spooked him, we ended up moving on without getting a shot.

-Z

The ND3 seems to work well on pusscat's too. But don't use it on ranch land with horse's as they go completely nuts if one is used anywhere near them. Deer don't seem to react to direct light from the laser, but they do jump if they seem it hit any object close to them.

I don't know if BSA/Lasergentics has improved their QC on these (specifically the threads on the tail cap) or resolved the cold weather issue (no worky in the cold).

If not, I would strongly recommend not purchasing one.

Don't get lured into the "night vision" aspect either. It ain't.

I will say that feral hogs in my experience were oblivious to it. But I returned mine for a refund all the same.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PharmShooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Has anyone known the coyotes to shy away from the light? I am getting conflicting reports on this. Some are saying yes and some are saying absolutely not. </div></div>

As long as the beam isn't focused tight, they shouldn't spook. It gets extremely bright when focused small. Still easy to see them when the beams opened up, and their eyes light up very well

my experience is that they REALLY make the eyes stand out, more so than a red light. I can't tell if they don't like it though, they seem "nervous" when coming into the green vs. the red. Just my $.02