• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes NEAR Bases

paulL01

Didicoy Muggle
Minuteman
May 2, 2012
Blue Ridge Mtns
I noticed my new FN TRS XP has one. Seems to be super nice. Are they considered a premium base if you will please? Thx men.

Re: NEAR Bases

i just got a near alpha mount, and am extremely pleased with the craftsmanship, i would definitely consider them a premium base, along with everything else he puts out

I hear ya man. The EGW base on my Savage is really nice..... But this NEAR base seems a cut above.

I would consider the NEAR to be a premium base. I have on on my Sako TRG and was very please when I got it and swapped it for the factory Sako base. I wouldn't hesitate to buy from him again.

I really like each of my Near bases. Been using his stuff for a number of years now-Really nice guy too.

Near is outstanding. Ken Farrell also excellent. Right now, I think Sphur is at the top of the food chain in terms of innovation and design. With Farrell and Near definitely in the same league. You can't go wrong with any of these choices.

Cheers,

Sirhr

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shoot4fun</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Great products from an equally great guy.
You have a very nice base there sir.
It was the only base I wanted for my TRG42 in 338 Lapua. </div></div>

Outstanding. Thx to all for the great replies.
Ya know, theres absolutely nothing wrong with the rail
that came on my Savage. But man, when I got that FN
and saw the NEAR base, it was actually the first comment
I made about the rifle to Mike. (Shooting partner)
I really had two big eye openers between the FN action
and the NEAR base.